Ask For Advice

Thread: doing all the work in our relationship

Scarlet 1
    Bronze Member

Unhappy doing all the work in our relationship

Please help me! me an my bf have been going out for 7 months now and i do all the work in our relationship! like when we have a fight i go to him and say sorry even if he said hurtfull things to me. i have to ask him if i can go along when he works and i ask him if i can see him! i hate doing all the work but i have no idea how to stop! i get frustrated sometimes and then just stop calling him or asking him if i can see him but sometimes if i don't do this then nothing happens. there are other times that he calls out of his own but this doesn't happen alot! what do i do! please help anyone!

vaporleak
    I've personally been in your shoes before and the relationship inevitably ended up not working out. If you are truly looking for a long term relationship, then his laziness, or lack of effort will drive you insane. This will lead you to the two of you fighting all the time and at that point it won't work out. Tell him exactly how you feel, and if he still doesn't seem to acknowledge your effort or emotions, I would flat out walk away... it's only been 7 months, you don't want to waste years.

Scarlet 1
    Bronze Member
    So you think i should tell him that i feel i'm doing all the work? i guess i can do that. i just actually want him to start doing some of the work on his own you know without me feeding it to him like a baby!

quirky
    You could speak to him but he already knows deep down what he's doing. I would just back off a little, tone it down, don't do much, see how he acts. Why would you apologise if he's the one in the wrong? That gives off a vibe that you're desperate for his approval..No need to please him all the time, most of the time it backfires.

riley123
    Can I ask how old you are? And how old he is? Has he ever been in a relationship before?

vaporleak
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet 1 [Register to see the link]
    So you think i should tell him that i feel i'm doing all the work? i guess i can do that. i just actually want him to start doing some of the work on his own you know without me feeding it to him like a baby!

Unless you tell a guy what you want, he will Never know how you feel. It sounds like he may have zero clue how you feel, if that is the case, talking to him may do wonders.

Top Threads
Online men not taking me seriously even after meeting, help?
[SIZE=2]I am having a problem with online dating. Most of the time when I message men, they donít believe that my pictures are real. They start
OK so after 4 dates here are the issues I have with her
On two of the dates she made no effort to look pretty she just threw anything on and came to see me. I am not going to lie I felt kind of insulted
❌Did i just get stood up????❌
A few weeks ago this guy and i started texting. It was a pretty instant interest right from the start, on both ends. He kept telling me how
She works retail, said she wouldn't find out when she's free until today?
We texted back and forth a few times, all was well and good. Use of emojis, interest in me, etc. Last Friday, I asked her what days she would be
Dating Out of Your League?
Hello eNA, I've been away for quite some time but I'm back with a 'problem' I never thought I'd post about. I feel as though my girlfriend is
She went cold, should I text and confirm our date?
Got talking to a girl from an online dating app. Exchanged numbers, started whatsapping. All seemed to be going well, she had asked me last week if I
How Do You DTR?
Hi all, I'd like your opinion. At what point do you DTR (Define the relationship) when dating someone? Men, do you prefer for the woman to bring

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
I didnt know this was cheating until i saw how much it hurt him
So my boyfriend and I have been together 8 months. It's been pretty close to perfect over all until last weekend. We trusted each other before this
Interview Vibes
Hello, eNA! I have posted a few times about my career search - thank you all for the help! I've been having a lot more luck lately and have four
Ex from seven years ago married
My ex from seven years got married in November 2016 he began dating this girl eight months after dumping me.hiw have I found this out? By the
❌Did i just get stood up????❌
A few weeks ago this guy and i started texting. It was a pretty instant interest right from the start, on both ends. He kept telling me how
HELP My boyfriend blocked me after an argument
Almost 3 weeks ago me and my (EX) boyfriend that ive been seeing for about a year had a huge explosive and petty fight over him being selfish/ self
My wife has zero trust in me
So we have been married for about 8 months now, everything was fine prior to marriage. From the day we got married to today, it has been a living
21, in a relationship and sexually frustrated
I'm 21 (female) and I'm dating a 28 year old. Ive had my round of men before him so I know exactly what I like during sex and he's PERFECT. But what
Ask For Advice