Girlfriend ignores my texts...getting on my nerves

BoddenProBowler06

Almost any time I text my girlfriend about a concern of mine, she ignores it. May be little things like a time we're going to meet up, that I'm not feeling good, or something along those lines. She just won't respond back. I don't say anything about it, but it annoys the crap out of me. Especially because when I do the same thing back to her, she gets pissed at me and says "Oh, so you don't wanna talk to me. I'll just leave you alone."

Like today, I sent her a text that said I'm not feeling well. No response. Then 5 minutes later I see her on facebook updating her status.

I definitely agree that you need to speak to her about the things that bother you. Bottling everything up is never a good thing, because eventually you will explode. A relationship is based on good communication, you can't expect her to be a mind reader.

• 2 weeks later...

People don't always reply to texts. They might see it, be in the middle of something, shut their phone and forget about it. It's annoying (I've been there too many times to count), but it happens. Maybe you should try calling her rather than texting all the time. More direct and to the point - you'll definitely get an answer out of her too.

• 2 months later...
People don't always reply to texts. They might see it, be in the middle of something, shut their phone and forget about it. It's annoying (I've been there too many times to count), but it happens. Maybe you should try calling her rather than texting all the time. More direct and to the point - you'll definitely get an answer out of her too.

True, but like he said, if she's taking the time to update her status on Facebook, I think she's got the time to take a few seconds and respond to a text.

To the original poster

I'm dealing with the same thing with the guy I've been seeing and it's driving me nuts... amazingly though, I've made some strides in improving things. Here's what I did - the boy I'm seeing initially communicated that he likes his space and also was apologetic in advance for not being the best texter in the world. So after a few dates and feeling obvious mutual chemistry and still being respectful of his wishes, I would still go sometimes a day/day and a half without a response to a text. So I made a deal and told him it was time for him to come meet me halfway - if I'm to be expected to give him the space/not smother, etc, then I get to expect a text on a daily basis or I'll assume disinterest. It immediately fixed it. But...my case is a little odd, I'm dom and he's sub so there's an entirely different pretext upon which our communication is based, so I more or less had the right to call that direct of a shot, so to speak.

idunno, take it for what it's worth and give it a try, the worst she can do is tell you she sucks at texting and you can choose what to do about it at that point.

dude, you need to tell her. By just letting her continue to do this, you are submitting to her giving her your power. You need to take back control of your power and she will come after you.

In easier terms, tell her in person or if thats not possible on the phone that you hate it when you text her and she doesnt respond but when you do it she gets all hurt. tell her to look at it from your perspective. It obviously drives her up the wall so why is it ok for her to do it back? Sounds imature~!

It sounds like she doesn't care about you.

I disagree.

I don't sit there with my phone in my hand anxiously waiting to reply to texts.

My brother never responds to emails/ phone calls, texts... anything, doesn't mean he doesn't care, he just communicates in person only!

I would be annoyed if my boyfriend got all uppity from me not responding to texts.

talk to her, but remember, you may come accross as petty and annoying.

True, but like he said, if she's taking the time to update her status on Facebook, I think she's got the time to take a few seconds and respond to a text.

Oh my goodness... are you serious!?!

so, this girl can't do anything else, like talk to another person, or visit a webpage before she jumps to it and immediately responds to a text??

how dare she do anything else before she texts her boyfriend.

The fact that he notices she updated her facebook before responding to a text just screams high maintenance and immature!

Archived