If a woman punches a man...

hexaemeron

So there's another thread here where someone basically said that if a woman hit a man, that the man is honorbound by chivalry to refrain from hitting her.

Personally, if a woman punches me in the nose, she forfeits any rights to personal safety and I will fight as hard as I can to subdue her, just as I would any man.

What do you think?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*first no body she be punching anyone*

lol now that we got that out of the way,

here goes..you want to be tough and go around throwing punches in peoples faces

female or male, prepare to get hit. i wont let someone get beat down, but if you walk up to someone punch them square in the face or nose, you should prepare yourself to get it back no matter who you are..

In any circumstance where someone hit me, male female or female male. I would try and either difuse the situation by leaving, or restrain them as best I could. Getting away from the situation is the most sensible option. Why resort to violence unless you HAVE too?

Maybe it's the testosterone in me, but if someone violates not only my personal space, but my personal safety, to me, the instinctual response is to physically illustrate the error in his/her thinking.

It might not be right in a higher moral sense, but if someone comes up to me and punches me, higher moral sense goes right out the window.

So there's another thread here where someone basically said that if a woman hit a man, that the man is honorbound by chivalry to refrain from hitting her.

Personally, if a woman punches me in the nose, she forfeits any rights to personal safety and I will fight as hard as I can to subdue her, just as I would any man.

What do you think?

I believe what you are referring to here is "Self Defense". You have EVERY right to defend yourself...regardless of gender.

What do you think?

Restrain, and defend yourself as much as possible whithin reason, assuming that one cannot escape the situation. The timing of this thread is very apt Hex, last week a woman was ejected from the bar I work at for fighting. She wasn't hit, she was simply restrained as she was hitting and fighting with the bouncer after he had asked her to calm down. Once she was outside, she was crying bloody murder at the fact that she was focibly restrained, saying that no matter what she did, that shouldn't have happened.

If she's gonna act like a man..she should be prepared to be treated like one.

This was, word for word, what one of our bouncers said to her. And the one who kicked her out didn't hit her back after she had hit him.

Maybe it's the testosterone in me, but if someone violates not only my personal space, but my personal safety, to me, the instinctual response is to physically illustrate the error in his/her thinking.

It might not be right in a higher moral sense, but if someone comes up to me and punches me, higher moral sense goes right out the window.

I won't lie my man, some of the most brutal fights I have ever seen have been between women. I've also seen some very beligerant woman who WON'T step down, and will NOT stop her behavior until she got hauled off in a cruiser.

It's a fact though that men are stronger than women.

Absolutely, which is why it sucks when you see a guy assulting a woman or his SO. However, there are women out there who try to use this against guys. My nephew was in this exact same position two years ago, his ex got in his face and he pushed her away, not hard, just enough to get her out of his personal space.

She looked at him and said that he had just hit her. If my BIL wasn't there and watched the whole thing, there is no telling WHAT may have happened.

No, that's true. But that still implies than I will respond in kind.

I see no problem in hitting back. But I mean, if a young kid (say 15) hits you, and you reacted, would you really hit the kid as hard as you would a guy your size? Sure it's not right to kid a kid anyway, but people do have instant reactions at times. Just push her back or raise your voice but why hit her the way you would a guy your size? You'd do twice the damage.

Absolutely, which is why it sucks when you see a guy assulting a woman or his SO. However, there are women out there who try to use this against guys. My nephew was in this exact same position two years ago, his ex got in his face and he pushed her away, not hard, just enough to get her out of his personal space.

She looked at him and said that he had just hit her. If my BIL wasn't there and watched the whole thing, there is no telling WHAT may have happened.

I think people have issues to resort to violence anyway. Except in self defense.

I see no problem in hitting back. But I mean, if a young kid (say 15) hits you, and you reacted, would you really hit the kid as hard as you would a guy your size? Sure it's not right to kid a kid anyway, but people do have instant reactions at times. Just push her back or raise your voice but why hit her the way you would a guy your size? You'd do twice the damage.

If I was the one being hit first, I wouldn't care at that point about how much damage. Enter at your peril.

Physical abuse is no laughing matter. I don't care which gender does this.

Now if two equal sized men or women want to go at it, they're responsible for themselves, if it's consensual on both sides.

So if a woman hits her husband in the nose and bloodies it, and she happens to be 5'1", that's okay?

Archived