"My life" vs Keeping the Peace

dr_styles

*sigh* I'm in my mid-20's but feel like a kid posting this. But being on my mind right now I'll say it now while it's still fresh hehe.

As you may have seen in the past I've been critical of parents in a few ways, namely how they're very non-social and sheltering; I've been critical of these areas publicly because those are the nurturing factors which have contributed to my lonely singledom (incase you haven't seen). As I've worked on getting out of that, and seeing what some of the other social norms are in the world, I also complain they don't respect my age or own opinion. This I'm sure is a common in most households, unfortunately.

So what's on my mind right now? Staying over at someone's house. In all likelihood it will involve a relationship with a girl, since I don't party so won't need to crash at someone's house in that typical sense. Realistically this is still very far off (remember my very crap romantic situation here) but if I'm out changing that, I'd hope it happen in reasonable time, and I want to be ready for this situation.

... As you may have guessed by now, despite me living away from home for a short while previously for work reasons, I can see them being VERY upset if I didn't come at night, guy or girl (imo). With a girl it's worse because I think they don't approve of pre-marital sex; anything romantic/sexual has never been mentioned in this house. I don't have a problem with it. I know know, "live your own live" "that's their problem" and that's fair enough. But like I said in another thread, surely there's that line you have to draw somewhere, typically with parents. You don't want them as your enemy so to speak ...

I'm at a stage of my life where I could move out, and that was my plan, but other factors like the GFC have made it a rather silly move for now.

So, just wondering who here's in favour of Keeping the peace or not.

Archived