HUGE crush on my doctor ... I can't make it go away!!

Unity

HI ENA! This is my first post. My friend/coworker told me about this site so here goes!!

I have this humonnnnnngous crush on my doctor. I just saw him today for some upper back pain I've been having. Had not seen him in a few months. The first time I ever met him, I was in a relationship but I'm single now. He's single, only slightly older than me (about 5 years...) .. I'm 26 ..

He's not overtly flirty but he says things to insinuate that he thinks about me. Like today he said "I was wondering how you've been doing..." I just told him today that I'm single (he asked how things were going w/ my relationship, so I told him we broke up a while ago) and he seemed interested in asking me out but stopped short of doing so - mostly hinting at it. He did mention that he is still single too.

I'm dying ... DYING to go on a date with this man. I adore him. He's so sweet and kind, he's cute, and he has even joked before about how we're "soulmates" .. we even have the same birthday...

... But I know it's probably violating some of ethics codes to date a patient..

I may go back to see him in the next few weeks if my back problem doesn't clear up.. he gave me some muscle relaxers to try.. I want to go back to see him just because..!! so I'm almost glad I have this stupid back problem

I can't stop thinking about him and it's driving me nuts.. I even dream about him, about spending time with him, talking to him, making love to him ... I hadn't seen him in months and I seriously thought about him almost daily. We just click so well.. every time we are together we just laugh and laugh.. and I can talk to him about anything.

Thoughts?!? ](*,)

arrrghh!!!

What if he says no?! I'd be mortified. I have never asked anyone out before!!

I saw him again on Friday ... we spent about 20 mins just chatting away before he had to see his next patient. He went out of his way to tell me a few times that he's on call this weekend. I've been dying to have his answering service page him but I have no complaints or real reasons to page him. But this would be the ideal time because there would be no time constraint!! We could talk for a while!!

Sigh. I want him so bad.

Droooool.

Don't congratulate me yet!! I'm nowhere close to asking him out..

Besides, I doubt he'd say yes. Maybe he just likes flirting, or just likes me as a person.. I'm not good enough for him He's way more educated than me, and the women he dates are probably all highly successful and gorgeous ...

I'm a single mother, too ..... most men don't want to date single mothers.

Great, now I'm feeling crappy about myself.. lovely.

Don't congratulate me yet!! I'm nowhere close to asking him out..

Besides, I doubt he'd say yes. Maybe he just likes flirting, or just likes me as a person.. I'm not good enough for him He's way more educated than me, and the women he dates are probably all highly successful and gorgeous ...

I'm a single mother, too ..... most men don't want to date single mothers.

Great, now I'm feeling crappy about myself.. lovely.

Now don't you start that. There's no reason for you to think you're "not good enough for him". Don't rate yourself according to whatever his dating standards may be (that at this time you don't know about...) If you don't feel comfortable asking him out, that's fine, just don't be hard on yourself about it!

Thanks Pepper .. I appreciate your kind words.

I can't help but feel like I am delusional. I never get guys like that. The guys I get are, well, not that impressive so to speak. Mostly ill-bred jerks...

I wish he would call me, to see how I'm doing. Here's to hoping

Archived