How do I become mentally equal?

sanadee

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"How do I become physically fit?"

I think you know the answer to that question too. Both your question and mine require hard work and dedication to bring about results. In today's world of instant gratification we are all looking for a magic pill or website that will give us instant results. Sorry, there are no shortcuts.

"How do I become physically fit?"

I think you know the answer to that question too. Both your question and mine require hard work and dedication to bring about results. In today's world of instant gratification we are all looking for a magic pill or website that will give us instant results. Sorry, there are no shortcuts.

In honesty, I don't see the connection here.

i still don't understand your point.

I think there is knowledge of more worth than others.

Yes, and this is knowing yourself, being yourself, being as you are. Being yourself means that you do not want/need to be like others, in other words, a robot, a clone.

There is nothing of "more worth" than being as you are, moment to moment.

What did you hope to gain by your original questions in this thread?

Yes, and this is knowing yourself, being yourself, being as you are. Being yourself means that you do not want/need to be like others, in other words, a robot, a clone.

There is nothing of "more worth" than being as you are, moment to moment.

What did you hope to gain by your original questions in this thread?

i want to be mentally equal. is there a logical reason why i shouldn't be?

everybody wants relationships with others, this is a no-brainer. so please desist from the spiritual pap.

monopoly on what?
I'm just suggesting that you already know things about life others do not know. And there will always be others who will know more about something in life than I or you do. Being the "same" in terms of knowledge of life is not possible unless one views knowledge of life as a boat we all share.
I'm just suggesting that you already know things about life others do not know. And there will always be others who will know more about something in life than I or you do. Being the "same" in terms of knowledge of life is not possible unless one views knowledge of life as a boat we all share.

why can't I be the same?

the 'amount' of knowledge any single person has is not measurable, thus it is impossible to compare if any two given people have the 'same amount of knowledge'.

if you feel you want to know more: you are the only one who can prevent you from it, i.e. the choice is yours. all you have to do is start learning/ reading up on the things that you do want to know more about. sure there are differences in how easy people retain information, but you can learn a lot of things if you just invest the time.

information is so easily accessible thus it is really only up to you how much you want to know.

nobody is born with intrinsic knowledge, everyone has to pick it up along the way.

due to differences in personality/ interest etc people have the choice to chose the type of knowledge they want to have.

we don't all have to know the same things, nor can anyone know everything.

if you don't know how to learn/ study new things, there are courses that you can take, even online, to improve your studying skills.

what do you mean by 'innate' access? - whatever I know today I had to learn either through interacting with people, going to school, lots of reading and just plain old simple 'studying', i.e. pouring over my books for hours and hours.

some things are easier for me to remember some things are not.

That's not true for everybody. It comes by default for most people.

Granted: my point about wisdom acquired through experience is a bit off your topic.

What exactly is "it" that you do not have?

1. same knowledge of human life as everybody else?

2. knowledge of more worth than others?

3. being mentally equal?

4. access to common knowledge?

5. or, innate access?

you know what: you can continue to complain that other people seemingly have it easier to remember facts of life - maybe that's true, maybe it isn't. But if you want to change something about your knowledge, you can: it's up to you.

Life is unfair in many aspects for many people, but it's also a fact of life, that none of us can change. the only thing we can change is ourselves.

why don't you start be making a list of things/ subjects that you would like to know more about. I am sure people on here will have a number of suggestions where would be a good starting point to gather more knowledge in these areas

Archived