Post here instead of contacting your ex!

That freakin' . Luck always seems to come her way. First she finds a good sperm donor, then she has a 9 year relationship before me. Next she'll probably find someone who is "in love" with her - she stipulated this is what she wants (apparently i wasn't).

Grr...

Thanks for creating this thread.

(I got this idea from another forum I visit frequently, if one like this already exists by all means ignore / delete this one.)

OK, it seems a few of us have had a rough time with the darned NC. I had fantasies today of unloading all this anger, longing, and "W-T-F" onto my ex. I am creating this thread as a place for all of us in pain to post instead of contacting Ms/Mr ex. It could actually be kind of fun, at least a release.

What would you like to tell him or her? Even if it's been building up for years, post it here! Rage-fest! Longing-fest! DO NOT CONTACT that frigging ex, put it all here!!

I think this is a very good idea as long as the language is watched...

I think this is a very good idea as long as the language is watched...

Can I ask why the language needs to be watched? I notice this as a theme throughout these forums. Why is it so bad if someone drops an f-bomb here and there or calls their significant other the c-word? I feel like censoring what we want to say restricts a lot of emotion from really getting out. But I may be in the minority here.

• Like 3
Can I ask why the language needs to be watched? I notice this as a theme throughout these forums. Why is it so bad if someone drops an f-bomb here and there or calls their significant other the c-word? I feel like censoring what we want to say restricts a lot of emotion from really getting out. But I may be in the minority here.

I can understand both points of view on this subject. On the one hand, language should be watched because it's polite and respectful to those that don't use that sort of language. On the other hand, it does tone down your emotional release when you have to stop and think about what you're writing instead of just letting it all flow out while you're screaming it at your computer screen.

I think this forum self-censors some words. It censored out W-T-F until I put the dashes in-between letters

• Like 2
I can understand both points of view on this subject. On the one hand, language should be watched because it's polite and respectful to those that don't use that sort of language. On the other hand, it does tone down your emotional release when you have to stop and think about what you're writing instead of just letting it all flow out while you're screaming it at your computer screen.

I think this forum self-censors some words. It censored out W-T-F until I put the dashes in-between letters

That's kind of what I figured. I know there is a censor that will edit things for you anyways. If you're offended by the language wouldn't it be easier to just turn on the censor? I really think it's a lot less therapeutic when you have to temper down what you want to say. I have friends that don't swear, but they will listen to me swear if it makes me feel better.

p.s. I would post here with what I want to say to her, but I don't think I would get 3 or 4 words in before I broke the "watch your language" barrier.

• Haha 1

I want you to kill any last shred of hope I have left. Is your new guy better? Was I not special at all? Were you able to get everything you had with me through him and more? I'm tired of hanging on already. Tell me you love him, that you wish you were with him sooner. Hurt me so I have a reason to hate you already. Even when you stopped talking to me again you said you weren't serious about him. Even while we were still talking you wouldn't tell me we'd never get back together again. I hate having hope for you already.

• Like 1
I would post here with what I want to say to her, but I don't think I would get 3 or 4 words in before I broke the "watch your language" barrier.

Totally understandable. That's how I felt when I did it, but the thread had accumulated some 170 pages over 2 years so I figured someone in there somewhere destroyed the language barrier beyond recognition...so why not me?

Swearing, vulgarities, and profanities are not permitted. This includes manipulating the words using special characters or spacing out the letters to try to defeat the forum censor software. Forum software will replace profanities with red asterisks like this ***. This will indicate that you have posted profanity in violation of the rules.

DN: Thank you for providing an end to that dilemma. Now we can all safely vent what we would love to scream into our exes faces while still abiding by the guidelines set in place.

Diddy323: The "why" isn't really considered relevant, because we're going to have to abide by it regardless. Not to say you don't have a right to ask why.

Yes DN I realize that it is a rule. That doesn't really clarify why it is a rule.
Because the forum owner believes that people can express themselves without recourse to obscenities that would change the forum into something he doesn't want it to be.

Dear Ex:

I was sad at first, but now I've realized that you weren't really that good for me anyway! You were totally oblivious to your emotions. Emotionally unavailable. You only cared about yourself, and sucked horribly at communicating. You never made me feel wanted most of the time, and sometimes I felt like a bother. You never "took charge". If I wanted to hang out with you, I had to ask most of the time. Maybe you were deep-down, such a user. I wish you could have been honest with me if you just weren't "that into me." Actually, now that I think about it, you were a big jerk who I cared for. I'm embarrassed that I subjected myself to it and your standards. Now that you've been gone, I feel like I can breathe again. No more wondering and worrying and what if's. Something that I never wanted turned out to be FREEDOM and the best thing for me! I never got to say it..but you are a jerk who isn't in tune with your emotions! Thank you for making that big decision to go another route because I'm finding out just how amazing it feels to not wonder why my boyfriend (wait, were you even my boyfriend? You sure made it feel that way) didn't want to hang out with me more or be more loving. Good luck with your next victim - I truly hope you don't treat her as poorly as you did me! I hope you that you realized that I did nothing but care and always would have been happy to give you the world. Good riddance! Adios!

• Like 1

Dear Ex,

After all that has happened - why do I still pine for you? Why do I still love you? Why do I feel guilt? Do I want what I can't have? Do I realise the mistakes I made and what what we had? Have the last 5 years been built on a lie, that you never really loved me and used me as a stepping stone to something 'better'? Why do I now feel shattered and incapable of getting out to find someone new? Why do I not want to, for fear of finding new happiness and perhaps realising that you weren't 'the one'? Are you poison? How could you have so little respect for what we had? Was the 'rebound' on the scene before? Has this breakup been a partial lie?

So many unanswered and unanswerable questions which I feel there's no point in asking. What I do know is, your decision to break up is for the best, in that you have taught me in hindsight from us how to cherish another person, shown me how to move my life forwards and become a man. You have taught me so much and made me the person I am today. You are my first love. You have shown me how much you really mean and that you are the best thing that's ever happened to me.

I also know this - no matter how much I want you back, how much I want to pry you from T*** arms, no matter how much I wish I could turn back the clock, I could never make an approach to win you back. I would never stand in the way of your happiness. If it came of your own accord, then I would know that what we had was worth saving. If not, then I know and take comfort in the fact that no-one can ever take away what we had, and that we will be a part of each other until the day we die.

I love you,

Caveman

"How could you have so little respect for what we had?" If I could turn back the clock"

I can definitely relate because if I could just get one more chance I would be able to make her happy knowing what I know now/what I needed to change. If you could turn back the clock and were allowed to make one different move would you use the wish to become rich ( and have access to many women along with others things in life) or would you choose her?

I will never forgive you

Yes, you should try to forgive. By not forgiving, you are only tying yourself to the past (yeah, i know. I'm sure you've heard it all before I think you will forgive.

Happiness is the best revenge. Concentrate on a happy life and you will be fine...