Curious about cheating habits...

-Sanguine-

This question is relevant to nothing in my life. I'm just extremely bored and need something to do/read/be entertained by.

Anyways,

if you had the chance to cheat and you were sure you could get away with it, would you?

and

if you were accused of cheating and it was true, would you be able to lie about it (if it wasn't completely obvious) OR would you give in and confess?

if you had the chance to cheat and you were sure you could get away with it, would you?

No. I was cheated on before, and when I caught him, it was the worst feeling in the world. I would never want to do such a selfish, disrespectful thing to a person I love or care about. If I were to cheat, that would mean I never cared for that person to begin with. And I would feel so dirty about myself. There are no winners in cheating. The guilt would eat away at me.

if you were accused of cheating and it was true, would you be able to lie about it (if it wasn't completely obvious) OR would you give in and confess?

My ex lied to me when I asked. Until the day I found enough evidence, that's when he confessed. If he were to tell me the truth the first time around, I might have entertained the idea of giving him a second chance. But because he constantly lied to my face about what he was doing behind my back and could have spread some sort of STD to me, that is completely unforgivable, immoral, sinful, and valueless. If I were in his shoes, I would confess. People deserve to know the truth, especially your significant other.

My ex lied to me when I asked. Until the day I found enough evidence, that's when he confessed. If he were to tell me the truth the first time around, I might have entertained the idea of giving him a second chance. But because he constantly lied to my face about what he was doing behind my back and could have spread some sort of STD to me, that is completely unforgivable, immoral, sinful, and valueless. If I were in his shoes, I would confess. People deserve to know the truth, especially your significant other.

I agree. I think there's hope for a second chance if the person that cheated admits it when asked, OR even better, without having to be asked. I mean, people make mistakes, but when you hide it or intentionally lie about it, then there was no respect there in the first place.

Nope. It would eat me up inside. My girl and I have a very close relationship, and it would kill me to drive a wedge into that intimacy - which it would, even if she didn't find out. It would affect the way I saw her, myself, and the relationship as a whole. An awesome, sincere, happy relationship would become a sour, hollow, lie. I would feel like an observer - an outsider - not a participant. That would break my heart.

I would be able to lie about it, yes, but I would choose not to do so. I'm an excellent liar, in fact, but I religiously refuse to lie to my partner - about even the most trivial of things (for the same reasons I gave above). I would confess, yes. And I would take whatever anger was coming my way - without * * * * * ing or displacing the blame. Cheating sickens me, quite frankly, and I would never indulge in it.

I agree. I think there's hope for a second chance if the person that cheated admits it when asked, OR even better, without having to be asked. I mean, people make mistakes, but when you hide it or intentionally lie about it, then there was no respect there in the first place.

Yes, if he would have told me - the sooner the better - then I would not have broken up with him the way I did when I found out (which was, the second I found out). Or probably had a temporary break and tried to fix the relationship. Like, if he felt so guilty and remorseful about hiding that fact, I would give him some credit. Or if it was a one time drunken thing, I might give him a second chance, but a 100th chance, no bother.

But all in all, after you know about the cheating, it's very hard to repair that trust. Can't fix what's broken.

I wouldn't cheat......It's not something that I could do or even feel comfortable doing.

Someone actually asked me before why don't I cheat on my bf since he isn't/can't give me the sex that one would expect in a relationship. I told that person that I had the option to walk away from him when we were in the dating stages. I'm here because I want to be.

Honestly, some people have no couth.

Honesty time...

Yes and Yes

Im not married and im young but im in a relationship with a older women. Im in the military so i live far from her but we alternate weekends to see eachother. In a year i will be home and living with her. But for the time being i do what i want. I know its wrong but shes had her youth, and i dont want to hold anything against her later on in our relationship. I know it sounds stupid but ive seen it happen to my parents. My mother blames my father all the time for "stealing her youth" and it causes alot of problems. Its not his fault she said yes but whatever i dont ever want to be like that. When i move in with her its time to buckle down....But for now im living my life. Sorry if this offends you but its just my story...You dont have to agree with it just putting in my imput

Archived