Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can you ever get a third chance?

Bronze Member
    What? I don't get it...

I'm on #3 myself and I almost turned her down. It better work this time (and it looks like it will) because there won't be a fourth.

A lot of times reconciliation doesn't work out because the dumpee gets fed up and moves on for good. I was very close to doing just that.

Originally Posted by i miss her 2
    What? I don't get it...
    Then you obviously know nothing about LOA, so how are you going to use it? Its not just "Make a wish and wait" although thats what ENAer's who toss it around seem to believe.

The Law says we get what we focus on, whether its good or bad. All you are focusing on is not being her BF, so you are getting more of not being her BF. The Law of Attraction is bringing you more of what you are focusing on.

There are 2 old sayings, 1 is biblical "ask and believe you will have it and it will come to you" The 2nd is "what you fear will come to you". Both are the result of the LOA.

Bronze Member
    Yeah, so me saying things to her like, "Well I guess you're pretty serious with him now" or "you're just gonna marry him" didn't help much. I need to focus on believing that I WILL get her back.

Yeah, so me saying things to her like, "Well I guess you're pretty serious with him now" or "you're just gonna marry him" didn't help much. I need to focus on believing that I WILL get her back.
    You need to focus on believing you already have her back for the LOA to truly work, but at the same time, you have to walk away. There in lies the paradox. I generally dont advise the LOA for reconciliation, because its tough to master to begin with, and tougher when so many emotions are mixed. But hey...

Silver Member
    If it makes you feel better, I am pretty sure she won't marry this guy either.
    First of all, he sounds like a douchebag. Didn't you say he does drugs? And that part of why she was attracted to him was because he was "complicated" and she likes to "help" people? That is a recipe for a relationship that will wind up being a huge screaming drama fest.
    Second of all, your ex sounds horrible at communication, especially since she likes to "hint" and "play games" instead of saying what she wants, so it is likely they will have misunderstandings sooner or later. There is a good chance that she will end up thinking he's bad in bed too because she has such a hard time TELLING GUYS WHAT SHE ACTUALLY WANTS.
    Last edited by ladyblue07; 08-14-2009 at 06:43 PM.

I suppose it depends why you broke up before, who did the breaking up and were the break-ups bad. Yes there are two, three, four chances, but only for very good reasons!

Originally Posted by Puckdog27
    You need to focus on believing you already have her back for the LOA to truly work, but at the same time, you have to walk away. There in lies the paradox. I generally dont advise the LOA for reconciliation, because its tough to master to begin with, and tougher when so many emotions are mixed. But hey...
    Hi, I happened to pass by and happened to read your posts and man you hit the right spot on your LOA and would like to hear more about this conversation cuz I'm in a similar position at the moment. I know its been almost a year or so lol.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Aleh
    Hi, I happened to pass by and happened to read your posts and man you hit the right spot on your LOA and would like to hear more about this conversation cuz I'm in a similar position at the moment. I know its been almost a year or so lol.
    Um, it's been TEN years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice