Can you ever get a third chance?

i miss her 2

Well my ex, the dumber, got not 3 but 7 chances to come back to me, but every time he did the same....he left no matter how hard I tried. And every time the same silly reasons about ending the relationship with me. Still love him and as far as I am concerned he would get one more chance......love is a silly thing........

If love is the answer, can you rephrase the question?

Well my ex, the dumber, got not 3 but 7 chances to come back to me, but every time he did the same....he left no matter how hard I tried. And every time the same silly reasons about ending the relationship with me. Still love him and as far as I am concerned he would get one more chance......love is a silly thing........

So what reasons for breaking up?

I got different but somewhat similar reasons both times.

I don't know how many chances I have given my ex. I think we are on #3. So far so good but in honesty I am close to the point were I am hanging on by a thread. I hope he walks on eggshells and tries to show me that he truly does love me....he has a problem vocalizing how he really feels (military & police training or something like that)....I hope he can overcome it so we can work things out this time...fourth time not likely.

Ok, what are the odds of a third chance when they are with someone new and it seems serious yet the dumper keeps telling yuo that you might be together again because "you came close to being husband material, but still need to sort some things out in your life first." And they say are too young (23).

Ok, what are the odds of a third chance when they are with someone new and it seems serious yet the dumper keeps telling yuo that you might be together again because "you came close to being husband material, but still need to sort some things out in your life first." And they say are too young (23).

In that case, if it were me, I'd say the odds are not good at this point.

Of course, I do not know you or your situation, but anything she says about you and her getting back together at this point should be taken with a grain of salt because she is still in a serious relationship with another man. She sounds like she is either confused or trying to string you along. If she is hinting about reentering a serious relationship with you, or even hinting towards marriage, the first thing she should do is get out of the relationship she is in right now.

In that case, if it were me, I'd say the odds are not good at this point.

Of course, I do not know you or your situation, but anything she says about you and her getting back together at this point should be taken with a grain of salt because she is still in a serious relationship with another man. She sounds like she is either confused or trying to string you along. If she is hinting about reentering a serious relationship with you, or even hinting towards marriage, the first thing she should do is get out of the relationship she is in right now.

Yeah, I know...she say's she is too young and just wants to date around. This is what her Mom did (and this how she justifies it being ok). I don't really know how serious they are to be honest. She continues to flirt though and without me even asking the other night she tells me her parents asked her if she co uld see us getting together again and she said yes. I wasn't even talking about "us" when she said this. Who knows what's running through her head.

The reasons for breaking up were: * not compatible with each other (goals, spending money, raising up the kid, his working hours, visiting families, my spare time)

* his friends

* not ironing his shirts

* not being there at late hours when he came home from work

* not understanding his needs and emotions

just to list a few. I know some of them are so silly but I have to say if partners talk and also listen to each others issues they can solve worse than this. What do you think?

Um...I felt this way until last night when I woke up with an epiphany (well not an epiphany, but just an idea If a person has so much as a shred of real self respect, they wise up and realize that no person who truly loves and cares about you unconditionally would put you through that same hurt over and over again. I think post breakup I didn't have any self respect. I had tunnel vision and just wanted to try and work things out. Over time I've learned that love is not supposed to be easy, by any means, but it is NOT supposed to make a FOOL of anyone. Just my $0.02.

I'm just gonna have to use that "law of attraction" theory.

You are using it already. You are repeating the same thing over and over day after day, the same story, the same pain, the same emotions, and so the Law of Attraction is bringing you more of the same each day.

Thats how the Law works.

I'm on #3 myself and I almost turned her down. It better work this time (and it looks like it will) because there won't be a fourth.

A lot of times reconciliation doesn't work out because the dumpee gets fed up and moves on for good. I was very close to doing just that.

What? I don't get it...

Then you obviously know nothing about LOA, so how are you going to use it? Its not just "Make a wish and wait" although thats what ENAer's who toss it around seem to believe.

The Law says we get what we focus on, whether its good or bad. All you are focusing on is not being her BF, so you are getting more of not being her BF. The Law of Attraction is bringing you more of what you are focusing on.

There are 2 old sayings, 1 is biblical "ask and believe you will have it and it will come to you" The 2nd is "what you fear will come to you". Both are the result of the LOA.

Yeah, so me saying things to her like, "Well I guess you're pretty serious with him now" or "you're just gonna marry him" didn't help much. I need to focus on believing that I WILL get her back.

You need to focus on believing you already have her back for the LOA to truly work, but at the same time, you have to walk away. There in lies the paradox. I generally dont advise the LOA for reconciliation, because its tough to master to begin with, and tougher when so many emotions are mixed. But hey...

Archived