Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you ever get a third chance?

Originally Posted by i miss her 2
    Ok, what are the odds of a third chance when they are with someone new and it seems serious yet the dumper keeps telling yuo that you might be together again because "you came close to being husband material, but still need to sort some things out in your life first." And they say are too young (23).
    In that case, if it were me, I'd say the odds are not good at this point.

Of course, I do not know you or your situation, but anything she says about you and her getting back together at this point should be taken with a grain of salt because she is still in a serious relationship with another man. She sounds like she is either confused or trying to string you along. If she is hinting about reentering a serious relationship with you, or even hinting towards marriage, the first thing she should do is get out of the relationship she is in right now.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by huskiesfan
    In that case, if it were me, I'd say the odds are not good at this point.

Of course, I do not know you or your situation, but anything she says about you and her getting back together at this point should be taken with a grain of salt because she is still in a serious relationship with another man. She sounds like she is either confused or trying to string you along. If she is hinting about reentering a serious relationship with you, or even hinting towards marriage, the first thing she should do is get out of the relationship she is in right now.
    Yeah, I know...she say's she is too young and just wants to date around. This is what her Mom did (and this how she justifies it being ok). I don't really know how serious they are to be honest. She continues to flirt though and without me even asking the other night she tells me her parents asked her if she co uld see us getting together again and she said yes. I wasn't even talking about "us" when she said this. Who knows what's running through her head.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by waveseer
    I think you need to heal some more if it's ever going to work and I know you need to heal some more if it's not.

I'm just gonna have to use that "law of attraction" theory.

Good plan.

based on yout other threads, this girl is not worth your time, I think you should just forget her. Don't make someone a priority when you are just an option!

The reasons for breaking up were: * not compatible with each other (goals, spending money, raising up the kid, his working hours, visiting families, my spare time)
    * his friends
    * not ironing his shirts
    * not being there at late hours when he came home from work
    * not understanding his needs and emotions

just to list a few. I know some of them are so silly but I have to say if partners talk and also listen to each others issues they can solve worse than this. What do you think?

If love is the answer, can you rephrase the question?

I've dated the same person 4 times, only 17 as well. After the last break up though things seem a little bad for a 5th time though, although it would be interesting.

It's a lovely saying I've heard long time ago; when you get the second or the third chance to get back in the relationship with the same person it's like you are going to the same school, same year but you never know if you are going to pass...

Originally Posted by white daisy
    Well my ex, the dumber, got not 3 but 7 chances to come back to me, but every time he did the same....he left no matter how hard I tried. And every time the same silly reasons about ending the relationship with me. Still love him and as far as I am concerned he would get one more chance......love is a silly thing........

If love is the answer, can you rephrase the question?
    Um...I felt this way until last night when I woke up with an epiphany (well not an epiphany, but just an idea If a person has so much as a shred of real self respect, they wise up and realize that no person who truly loves and cares about you unconditionally would put you through that same hurt over and over again. I think post breakup I didn't have any self respect. I had tunnel vision and just wanted to try and work things out. Over time I've learned that love is not supposed to be easy, by any means, but it is NOT supposed to make a FOOL of anyone. Just my $0.02.

You are using it already. You are repeating the same thing over and over day after day, the same story, the same pain, the same emotions, and so the Law of Attraction is bringing you more of the same each day.

Thats how the Law works.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice