Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm having a hard time breaking up with my girlfriend

Nil

I'm having a hard time breaking up with my girlfriend

I love my girlfriend very much, but she has done so many wrong things and I really just want to leave her. I've been wanting to end it for a few days now, after she once again betrayed my trust. Every time I try to break up, she comes over a few hours later begging and crying for me to take her back, and I just can't deny her. She makes me feel guilty by saying things like "If you really love me you'll stay no matter what" or "If I have to live without you I'll kill myself"

I've tried three times now, and it's the same routine each time. I know I just need to grow a pair and end it, but I hate seeing her so sad. Any advice on how to do this the right way?

Broken312
    What is the reason for wanting to break up with her?
    Have you actually sat down and discussed the issues?

sparkles4
    Good call leaving someone who threatens to kill themselves if you dump them. That's a really manipulative and selfish thing for her to say, and if a breakup is gonna work you're probably going to have to cut contact with her right away so she can't say these things and guilt you back in.

Nil
    We've been dating for almost two years now, and over the course of the relationship she has been dishonest. But one thing that has been coming up over and over is her contacting her ex boyfriend. Earlier in the relationship we ended up having a big fight about it, and she told me she wouldn't speak to him anymore. This last June however, I found text messages from him, where he was saying things like "you're so beautiful, I really miss you". I confronted her about it, and she said that she was going to talk to him, and if I didn't like it I could leave. So I did. 2 weeks later she calls and begs for me back, so I took her back.

A week after getting back together she admits to have STILL been talking to him, but she swears on her dead mother's grave she won't have anything to do with him anymore. I believed her once again, and everything went back to normal. A few days ago, I needed to use her phone to call someone. When I opened the phone it was on her myspace mail inbox, filled with messages from him. I read through them, and she's telling him how much she misses him, and how she would leave me for him if it came down it it.

So now I am beyond the point of forgiveness, and I don't think I can be happy with her anymore.

Nil
    I don't know I can cut contact though. If I don't answer the phone she just drives over to my house, it doesn't matter what time it is. Last time I woke up to her knocking on my window at 5:00 in the morning.

Crazyaboutdogs
    Perhaps this is the incentive to finally dump her for good. She is a liar and a manipulator and don't waste another 2 years of your life with this loser. Threatening to commit suicide if you leave is a sign of an emotionally messed up toxic individual. That should be your cue to leave for good.

Crazyaboutdogs
    Quote Originally Posted by Nil [Register to see the link]
    I don't know I can cut contact though. If I don't answer the phone she just drives over to my house, it doesn't matter what time it is. Last time I woke up to her knocking on my window at 5:00 in the morning.
    Make it clear it is over and make it clear that you want no further contact with her. If she comes knocking at your window tell her to leave or you will call the police.

faithful14
    If she is dishonest with you, then the relationship will never work and she NEEDS TO understand that. Honestly, if she threatens to kill herself, call her parents and call the cops so they are aware of what is happening.

Supersonic
    Woah dude I know exactly what your going through. I applaud you for having the stones to end it. My advice would be that you know she's never gonna change her ways. She's using her threats to keep you around but also allow her to be "untrustworthy". And that's not fair. End it and stop caring about her feelings or do the same things to her she's doing to you. Either way she obviously doesn't care for you cuz if she did shed change her ways. Girls come a dime a dozen always someone else out there who will treat you like a normal gf should. Gl.

Nil
    This is just so stressful, because I know what I should do, and what I want to do, but I just don't have the courage to actually do it. I need to do it soon though, because I know that by staying with her I'm just leading her on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Do you believe in old-fashioned romance...?
I'm constantly being told I am part of a dying breed... that people don't believe in old-fashioned romance anymore, like the single red rose, hand
I want to breakup because I want her to grow as a person
LONG POST BUT PLEASE BEAR WITH ME BECAUSE I REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE. We've been together for almost 2 years. I am 5 years older than her (i'm 25)
When you don't know whether to break up or not
So I've been with this guy for 4 months now. Things have not been a fairy tale, ever. But he was the only guy that was really interesting and we hit
Living with my ex and kids. It's a nightmare!
I have been with my now ex, for 5 years. We have 3 children together, and live together. A few months ago she was talking about not being in love
Someone please help me
I need help I'm willing to give my number out just for help because I'm going nuts and I don't know what to do some one please I've already posted
My Wife Left Me Today
Well, I came home from work today and found my wife and most of her belongings gone. My work can take me away from home for more than 24 hours at a
Broken up but going on holiday in 4 days
This is a long story between me and my boyfriend (ex? I don't know) I have been with him for 5 years, since I was 16 and I love him so much but

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Don Juan President
I'm the president of Don Juans. I know all the top moves to make with females and I've had sex so many times. If a man needs advice ask right here.
Talk Dirty to Me!
OMGosh this is rampant. I have been serial dating in hopes of finding a long term relationship. BTW, nn the past two weeks I have been doing really
Is it wrong that I don't drive my parent's car to drive myself places as of now?
I am 20 and I have my driver's license but I don't have my own car yet so I have to rely on my parents and the bus to get me places but my parents
Friendship changes, how to deal?
Hello All, My friend and I are close. We consider our friendship like a brother & sister type. Lately, I've been noticing he has been treating me
Online Dating Descripton Sets Off Red Flags For Me, But Maybe Not for Others?
I have someone who has been giving me attention with Online Dating (yes, I thought I'd give it a gentle go. Dip my toe in the water even though I was
Help
Hi, I'm 37 and I have been with my partner for about 5 years and we have been married just under a year. About 5 months ago my now wife had an
Did you ever get over your first love? Post your stories!
Hello, I've been feeling kind of down lately because I always hear people saying that you never get over your first love, or you'll always compare
Ask For Advice