Interacting with a shy person may seem hard and may make other non-shy people wonder if they’ll be able to carry on a conversation with them. It can be hard to get to know a shy person, even their feelings and intentions regarding dating and relationships. They may be even be too leery when it comes to dating. It takes a lot of patience and understanding to help you date and get to know a shy person. You have to help him out of their shell in order for you know him well enough to have a comfortable and fulfilling relationship. Here are some ideas and tips on how to do just that.
* Get to know them as a friend. Show interest in learning more about them and gauge their willingness to open up when determining the direction of your relationship.
Talk to him when you’re alone rather than surrounded by people, since being in a crowd may intimidate them. Make them comfortable with you as a friend, with no pressure or insinuation of anything else. Remember to listen very well when they are speaking.
* Show them that you can be trusted. Tell them about yourself. Since you’re divulging a few of your secrets, you are showing them that you can be trusted. Remember to keep whatever they tells you a secret. If you break their trust, they may never trust you again.
* Ask questions about things they seem to be interested in. It is often most easy and comfortable for a shy person to discuss things they are passionate about. Let him participate at his own pace and try not to force him to open up to you too soon.
* Go on dates where there will be just the two of you. Don’t create pressure by making it formal. Just say that you’d love to spend time with them. Choose dates where you won’t have to talk much. Going to a movie where you won’t have to talk much will help him ease into the relationship rather than being in a long, silent dinner.
* Be reliable and trustworthy. These are important traits for her to accept your friendship and if she is to consider a romantic relationship with you.
Remember: Do not ask them why they are so shy. This makes a shy person uncomfortable and won’t help you to draw him out of his shell for you to know him better.