Why are some people are so rude on this site!!!

doityourself

I think if people do not have nice things to say regarding a topic that they are reading then they should keep thier comments to thierselves.

Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion but when your talking about most topics that are discussed on this site, negativety is not what that person is looking for, they are looking for some guidance and for someone to tell them that everything is going to be okay.

I just hope that the mean people on this site never has to go thru some of the things that they are commenting on.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think if people do not have nice things to say regarding a topic that they are reading then they should keep thier comments to thierselves.

Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion but when your talking about most topics that are discussed on this site, negativety is not what that person is looking for, they are looking for some guidance and for someone to tell them that everything is going to be okay.

I just hope that the mean people on this site never has to go thru some of the things that they are commenting on.

what posts are you referring to?

some people need a heavy dose of reality, the problem doesn't always need to be sugar coated.

Is it being rude, or is someone saying what really needs to be said? There are times when someone needs the proverbial 2x4 to see what's really happening. To think everyone is going to blow smoke and pretend it's "all good" is unrealistic.

There was a sticky about this, people can be honest and tell them what the OP does'nt really want to hear without being an * * * * * * * . Alot of the time people just don't seem to be able to grasp how to do that and I see far more personal attacks on people now than I ever have. Its ridiculous.

People come here for their support and if you can't talk to them like people you should'nt be here.

some people need a heavy dose of reality, the problem doesn't always need to be sugar coated.

yeah totally agree tough love! truth hurts! can be mis-interpreted as being horrid esp if person wants to hear what they want to hear.

wish DIY was more specific. maybe we could dispel any doubts.....

or was it because no one replied to a certain thread of yours...... that can be deemed as rude. in actual fact it maybe slightly overlooked, not people being rude.

People are very rude here. some people think that they are dishing out tough love pearls of wisdom but are actually being quite rude. Happens in almost every thread...

You can definitely tell who lacks tact in their real social life, based on how they post here. It really bugs me to see people gang up on posters with their 'tough love'.

Sadly, the moderators are usually the ones doing it, so there is no filter or 3rd party reviewing threads.

It also difficult because it's hard to interpret tone.

I could be yelling at you right now but come off as calm (or vice versa)

i guess for the savviest of posters on here can intepret to a degree, when i read a thread i read as if i was in peril then read with a normal view etc (as you would do a book) and gauge how and what to reply with of course excerpts from experiences from my life. seems to work

People are very rude here. some people think that they are dishing out tough love pearls of wisdom but are actually being quite rude. Happens in almost every thread...

You can definitely tell who lacks tact in their real social life, based on how they post here. It really bugs me to see people gang up on posters with their 'tough love'.

Sadly, the moderators are usually the ones doing it, so there is no filter or 3rd party reviewing threads.

Actually, mods check on other mods. I've taken down posts before because other mods told me I was coming off to aggressive.

i guess for the savviest of posters on here can intepret to a degree, when i read a thread i read as if i was in peril then read with a normal view etc (as you would do a book) and gauge how and what to reply. seems to work

I automatically read double question marks ("do you think he's mad at me??) at desperation.

Also, syntax is everything when it comes to how I interpret things. A lot of people come off as immature in their writing. It's hard for me to shake the fact that this is the internet where people aren't proof reading. That's my stigma though, not their fault.

I agree personal attacks and such are completely unneccesary, but sometimes the best guidance is something the person doesn't want to hear. You can't tell someone that everything is going to be okay if they continue to have destructive behavior.

I totally agree with this. You can't possibly tell someone everything is going to be OK when the signs suggest otherwise. I think it is definitely a case of not hearing what you want to hear.

I was actually a victim of someone's viscious tongue (along with the OP) when I gave an opinion that was different from hers. She was very sarcastic, her posts were very bigotted (the thread was about a gay relationship), there was a lot of swearing in them and she had very strong opinions that had to be modified more than once by the Moderators. I haven't seen her on here for a while. I wonder why that is? Still with my own personal experience aside I have very rarely seen other personal attacks. Maybe one or two heated debates but that is about it.

Archived