LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 16 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you, random homeless man

Thank you, random homeless man

Last night, my boyfriend and I were out in Liverpool. We decided to stop and sit on the steps of the big library for a bit. Something happened that caused us to get into a mini-argument where he got upset and went to get some air. He didn't venture far, just around the corner but it was enough time for some man to drag me away.

This man, a decently dressed black man in his late 20s-early 30s, would not let me go. He pretended to be nice at first, but when I wouldn't go with him, started to get angry. He said he would walk me home. He walked me in a completely opposite direction (which, even with being new to the city, I realized). I kept screaming for help. No one helped. He led me down a dark alley-way... there were people scattered about. Despite my screams and pleas for help, no one stopped to help me. He kept dragging, getting violent with me. I started crying, he got angrier. He dragged me to the ground. I thought, "Oh my god, he's going to rape me".

And then, out of nowhere, a homeless man steps in. He yells at this man to stop, to leave me alone. The assailant initially tries to ward him off, telling him to get out of there. He wouldn't and he didn't. At this point, I was bawling my head off, I think (?? I'm sort of fuzzy on the details..I sort of blacked things out) I was pushed to the ground (I have a skinned knee). Homeless Man eventually got him off and Assailant took off out of there.

Homeless Man stayed with me until my boyfriend was able to find me. I was in a completely random spot of town. I owe this man so much. I gave him all the I had, but I still feel like it wasn't enough. The only details he had about himself was that he stayed in some park.

We called the police and they came to take statements. Because I had had wine HOURS previously, they wouldn't so much as write anything down. They didn't take me seriously at all. Despite my crying, my obvious distress...nothing. Not even so much as, "I'm sorry this happened to you". They were just cold. They said they would take a statement tomorrow (today) but it's 3pm and nothing.

As of now, we're trying to track down homeless man as he was the only sober witness to the crime.

To the homeless man--thank you. You saved me from a violent, horrible crime and I owe you my life for that.

Random acts of kindness. Out of all the people who saw this assailant dragging me along, as I was crying out for help, he was the only one to stop and help me.

Omg jenn I'm so sorry. Did he just come up and grab you? Could will not hear you screaming? Were a lot of people around?

Wow. I am so so sorry you had to experience that. But thank God somebody was there to help.

No, he couldn't hear me. We can't figure out why.

Yeah, he just came up and grabbed me, despite me saying NO multiple times. Not many people were around the library at that time, however, as we were on our "walk"/drag, there were a LOT of passerby.

Which makes me angry. If you saw a young woman being dragged against her will, wouldn't you stop to help and see if she was okay? It's not like it was a joking matter (when couples play-fight)... I was CRYING.

OMG Jenn!!!! How horrible!! And the cops were so useless!! I'm so sorry that happened. You were soooo lucky that this homeless man had the balls to stand up for you.

Oh god......I started crying while reading this. I'm so glad you are okay. I can't imagine the terror you must have felt. I'm soooo soooo sorry you went through this.

Homeless guy, God bless him. That was your angel watching over you. I hope you find him so you can thank him appropiately. I bet he doesn't even realize what an angel he is.

Can you complain to the police chief or something for the police lack of empathy and not taking the report or investigating further?

Originally Posted by Catdancer
    OMG Jenn!!!! How horrible!! And the cops were so useless!! I'm so sorry that happened. You were soooo lucky that this homeless man had the balls to stand up for you.
    I know, I'm so upset with the cops. I wasn't drunk. They could've breathilyzed me had they wanted to prove that!!! They just didn't care!!!

Out of all the people, I never would've expected a random homeless man. What a good heart. I wish I could have given him more. I am forever grateful.

metro, thank you so much for your words.

I'd like to place a formal complaint with the chief of police. I need to find out how it's done over here. Their lack of empathy is appalling. I felt like, "Oh, she's drunk...she brought it on herself"... but I wasn't drunk

I hope this homeless man is more reflective of the people over there then the cowards who did nothing. Bad apples.

I'm sorry you had to thru this, but knowing there are people like this Saint out there that are willing to do the right thing, regardless of their situation, does make me smile.

Gold Member
    sounds like this homeless man was your guardian angel....... and depending what you believe... he could have been a real angel...

i am sooo sorry you had to experience this girl... ((hugs)) glad your OK...

Page 1 of 16 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice