Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you, random homeless man

[QUOTE=BlueAfterglow08;3578271]Our justice system here isnt the best. My friend was in a similar situation not long ago where she actually had something sexual happen to her, the guy got off scott free because the police couldnt be bothered.

People just dont respond to people screaming help a lot here in the UK they just cant be botehred. I would have tried to help you.

Are you ok with your bf now?

People like the guy who saved you make the world seem a better place.

I hope you are ok, you should never go off by yourself, or be left alone. Its just not safe. Im so sorry

Ohh, I'm so sorry about your friend! It's terrible!!! It's similar in the US, they just can't be bothered.

My boyfriend and I are perfectly fine now, thanks. He blames himself but it's in no way his fault. He blames himself for bringing me to this city but these things happen anywhere. No one could have ever anticipated this happening. There are bad people everywhere you go, small towns, big cities. Just bad people.

Aside from being traumatized (and my stupid skinned knee), I'm fine thanks to the random homeless guy. I wish I could've done more for him.

I feel totally responsible. I brought her to this city, and I turned my back on her. I can't even remember what the stupid mini-argument was about but I went around a corner and when I returned she was gone. I rang the flat phone and she wasn't home, so I rang 999 and reported her missing... twice. Then I had this phone call from her phone the homeless guy had found in her bag and ran up there.. not only was it in the wrong direction to my flat... it was a goot half a mile in the wrong direction... uphill, on a busy street with drinkers still stood around at pubs and bars.

I don't blame her if she gives up on this country now, I've been assaulted myself in the past, given bad bruising and just as then, the police didn't even take a statment, having the attitute of <> happens'. I don't blame her if she just wants to get on the first plane back to Michigan, this is completely my fault.

I took 5 klonopin last night and 3 bong-fulls of weed and still couldn't get to sleep, so I spent the night contacting every agency I could find trying to track down the homeless guy. I'm still trying, I got very little sleep... fortunately Jenn did sleep. I haven't gone into work this morning and I won't be going in tomorrow, I don't want to leave her on her own... my mum is coming down for Friday night, I don't know what to do.
    Last edited by DN; 07-23-2009 at 11:40 AM. Reason: language

Platinum Member
    was this on duke street or somewhere else? Jenn?

what library?!

Originally Posted by iLoveMyBabyCairo
    Ohh, I'm so sorry about your friend! It's terrible!!! It's similar in the US, they just can't be bothered.

My boyfriend and I are perfectly fine now, thanks. He blames himself but it's in no way his fault. He blames himself for bringing me to this city but these things happen anywhere. No one could have ever anticipated this happening. There are bad people everywhere you go, small towns, big cities. Just bad people.

Aside from being traumatized (and my stupid skinned knee), I'm fine thanks to the random homeless guy. I wish I could've done more for him.
    In no way is it his fault, I agree. Just lots of effort should be made never to find yourself alone thats for sure.

That is true. There are bad people everywhere, sick people who wait around for girls who are alone etc.

He sounds like an amazing guy.

Originally Posted by Grrr
    was this on duke street or somewhere else? Jenn?
    He grabbed me by the library on William Brown Street. Will found me halfway up London Road, by TJ Hughes.

Originally Posted by BlueAfterglow08
    In no way is it his fault, I agree. Just lots of effort should be made never to find yourself alone thats for sure.

That is true. There are bad people everywhere, sick people who wait around for girls who are alone etc.

He sounds like an amazing guy.
    He did everything he could! First, he called the flat...no answer (obviously), then he phoned the police and explained that I was missing. Apparently, the police were out looking for me but the cops I talked to sounded clueless about that fact.

Wow. I've been to England/London sooo many times and never knew this stuff happens.
    I'm sorry this happened to you.
    I also thought the police down there seemed more.. nicer? Not sure, but I always had alot of respect for the ones I'd seen so far and how seriously they take their job. Guess I was very very wrong.

Are you feeling ok now?

Sorry, I'm not very good with directions or roads. What part of England did it happen in?

I am terribly sorry for what happened to you iLoveMyBabyCairo, you really were lucky nothing happened to you.

If you don't feel like you will get anywhere by lodging a complaint, you could also consider writing the Newspaper.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by iLoveMyBabyCairo
    He grabbed me by the library on William Brown Street. Will found me halfway up London Road, by TJ Hughes.
    The museum steps? you don't have to say I'm just trying to picture the area thats all.

I feel so fortunate that nothing horrible happened to me. The way he was grabbing at me, forcing me into dark alley, I knew he was going to rape me...or worse.

I'm fine, physically. Emotionally, ehhh...really shaken up.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice