Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When someone calls you "love" - what does it signify if anything?

dcgirl

When someone calls you "love" - what does it signify if anything?

So last night the guy that I've been dating for 2 months called me "love" for the first time. And he did it twice. Do you all think that is just a new term of endearment he's using or do you think that he is starting to feel feelings of love?

The context wasn't that serious, it was more like we bumped arms and he said "i'm sorry my love" and i forgot what the other scenario was but it was similar to that one.

ghost69
    only he knows. sounds like a general term with him. some guys say 'girl' 'babe' etc. could be casual.

dcgirl
    He calls me babe and baby all the time, this 'love' business is something totally new.

SapphireNoir10
    Sounds like a term of endearment to me. Just shows hes fond of you.

jul-els
    Platinum Member
    Sounds like it could be either or. Basically, he's just flirting.

bebeblondie
    Silver Member
    Calling you "love" and calling you "my love" are two different thing IMO.

The guy in the deli accross the street from my job calls me "love" that means absolutely nothing.

If he's calling you "my love" i don't know if that means he is in love with you but I do think it's a good sign. Either way I wouldn't put much weight on it.

metrogirl
    I call a lot of people here 'love'......

kevinm
    Platinum Member
    I have a few friends I use the term "love" with... not "my love" which I would agree constitutes a different meaning perhaps. But "love" is just a term of endearment for me... someone I'm close to who I do love, but in a non-romantic way. For example, I have a friend whom I emailed last night and in signing off I said something like "Okay love, it's getting late and I need to get some sleep." Just a term of endearment.

-Kevin

Cognitive_Canine
    Platinum Member Cognitive_Canine's Avatar
    I think it can mean nothing and sometimes it can mean something.

I'd go with his actions more than his words though.

Mavh25
    Platinum Member
    My mum calls me 'love'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Million Dollar Question: Why it's so hard to find 1 person we want to commit to?
Someone who we connect with on a physical and emotional level? I realize I'm preaching to the choir here, but I'm seriously baffled. There are
Unhealthy relationship patterns and commitment phobia.
Some of you have probably seen a thread I wrote a couple of days ago about commitment phobes/emotionally unavailable people. I wanted to get to the
What should I do?
Been with him for 2 years, we are both 21. He started working 2 months ago and has a stressful job. Texting has reduced drastically and now he goes a
Girlfriend wants to go to the gym without me, I need advice
So me and this girl have been dating now for a few months. She all of a sudden has an interest in the gym which is fine because I love the gym. I've
Online Dating Descripton Sets Off Red Flags For Me, But Maybe Not for Others?
I have someone who has been giving me attention with Online Dating (yes, I thought I'd give it a gentle go. Dip my toe in the water even though I was
What can I do to look younger?
I'm 23 years old, 230lbs and 6'3. People often seem to think that I'm 30 years old but it doesn't make sense to me. I don't have five o ' clock
How to recover from being insecure
Hi all. I'd really appreciate any input and suggestions you have. About six seeks ago I started dating a woman and we hit it off great. Lots in

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Don Juan President
I'm the president of Don Juans. I know all the top moves to make with females and I've had sex so many times. If a man needs advice ask right here.
Talk Dirty to Me!
OMGosh this is rampant. I have been serial dating in hopes of finding a long term relationship. BTW, nn the past two weeks I have been doing really
Is it wrong that I don't drive my parent's car to drive myself places as of now?
I am 20 and I have my driver's license but I don't have my own car yet so I have to rely on my parents and the bus to get me places but my parents
Friendship changes, how to deal?
Hello All, My friend and I are close. We consider our friendship like a brother & sister type. Lately, I've been noticing he has been treating me
Online Dating Descripton Sets Off Red Flags For Me, But Maybe Not for Others?
I have someone who has been giving me attention with Online Dating (yes, I thought I'd give it a gentle go. Dip my toe in the water even though I was
Help
Hi, I'm 37 and I have been with my partner for about 5 years and we have been married just under a year. About 5 months ago my now wife had an
Did you ever get over your first love? Post your stories!
Hello, I've been feeling kind of down lately because I always hear people saying that you never get over your first love, or you'll always compare
Ask For Advice