Anti-Wrinkle/Age Defying Treatment for 25 year old?

I'm 25 and have not used any anti-aging skin treatment. I've been using Nivea cream since I was a kid and am still using it today. I am getting fine lines under my eyes. When my mom was my age she never got any fine lines. I'm a much more stressed out person and don't sleep enough...everything does add up and shows in my skin. Overall I'd say I have bad skin.

Today I went to walmart and bought L'Oreal's "Advanced RevitaLift for EYE" and Nivea Visage "DNAge Night".

What face "stuff" do you guys use???? I was standing there looking at the whole shelf and have no idea because they all claim to do the same thing...I'm not sure what a 25 year old should be using! Any good age defying products out there?

Any suggestions?

Sleep is important for healthy skin. As is eating healthy and drinking lots of water.

I prefer using all natural face washes, exfoliators, and scrub my face with sea sponges. I wash my face about twice a day, never more than 3 times. To moisturize I use small dabs of coconut oil, which I also use as a body lotion.

In the long run, the best thing for your skin is to avoid products with long ingredient lists of chemicals and synthetic crap.

-Edit-

This is my current face wash: link removed

And my exfoliating scrub which I use about once a week: link removed

Go see a dermatologist and let the doctor tell you what is best for your skin instead of buying tons of useless products and end up wasting your money. Eat lots of fruit and veggies, sleep at least 8 hours, drink alot of water, exercise...do not drink, smoke, use any type of drugs (not saying you do any of these things) and watch out for the the caffeine beverages....if you have stress, find ways to minimize that by yoga and meditation...and make sure you lather on the highest spf sunscreen everyday....I am 44 and look 30 (according to others), my pic is in my profile.

Hope this helps.

I agree about important factors such as: sleep, water, eating healthy, vitamins, etc.

I've heard REALLY good stuff about Oil Of Olay, but am not sure if it's mostly for maturer skin, let's say for people in their 40's.

I'm 23 and also want to begin preserving my skin beginning now/early. The only skin care lines for our age I've seen are Nivea and Biore (which recently came out with a new line for acne/wrinkles/young skin).

Wrinkles can appear due to how you sleep also. And just laugh lines in general.

It's true that there are so many skincare products out there, it can definitely be confusing.

Right now I'm using a light eye cream/gel by Marcelle (canadian company); i've been using it for a long time.

I don't have a specific recommendation, but there's a website that i really love - (link removed). They have *a lot* of reviews for different cosmetics/skincare products, as well as a really good message board, where you can get advice from a lot knowledgeable people. It's very easy to create an account and everything; i'm sure you'll be able to find something suitable for your skin just by browsing the reviews and asking ppl : ].

I rarely ever buy anything anymore without checking there first lol, it has probably saved me a lot of money.

edit: i agree with drinking plenty of water, and eating lots of fruits/vegetables, and healthy fats as well. It's always one of the best things we can do to help our skin.

Anew is great...I had used this in the past and it's quite good.

Yeah I really like it too. I'm using the Anew Ultimate at the minute and also the cream for the eyes which contains a red gel for upper lid and browbone and cream for the undereye area.

Before I tried this, I was using Loreal products....but Im gonna stick with Anew.

Another thing I read and to avoid wrinkles, is to sleep on your back at all times if you can...

I think that would work and because when you think about it, laying on your side may cause early wrinkling in the chest area...

Also wearing sun glasses helps prevent eye wrinkles and frown lines which are caused through squinting in the sun...

hi -- you are never too young to start taking care of your skin.

i started using olay moisturizers with spf for sun protection when i was 20. avoiding the sun and protecting your face from the sun makes all the difference in how your face ages.

because i always where sunscreen, hats and sunglasses, most people guess my age as 30 instead of 47.

for years i washed my face with apricot scrub from st. ives and protected it with olay lotion (not the expensive $35 - 55 stuff, just the every day basic stuff at $8 - 10 a bottle).

good luck! btw -- i have very fair skin that burns like crazy so i've never been much of a sun person.

Another thing I read and to avoid wrinkles, is to sleep on your back at all times if you can...

I think that would work and because when you think about it, laying on your side may cause early wrinkling in the chest area...

Also wearing sun glasses helps prevent eye wrinkles and frown lines which are caused through squinting in the sun...

Hm..I read about the sleeping on your back thing. The thing is I don't think I can do that...I LOVE sleeping on my side I feel more secure in my bed when I'm on my side instead of facing up...weird eh.

• 2 months later...

It seems as though genetics plays a big part in lines and wrinkles. For example, I have smoker friends who have a lot of lines around their mouths but none on their foreheads. I am a non-smoker and I have horizontal and vertical lines on mine! But no wrinkles anywhere else. I've noticed that people who have allergies, are sleep deprived, and who have jobs that require a lot of concentration tnd to get forehead lines. Also, people with deep-set eyes. Example--Mark Wahlberg.

Archived