Does the "Friend Zone" still apply after sex?

Rovas

Generally everyone agrees that once someone is in the "Friend Zone" chances are that they will never get out of it. Which is why if you like a girl, you never try to become friends as a "way in" and hope that you can make her like you. When things do work out, usually neither had any intention at first, but then later feelings arose and developed unexpectedly. I ask what do you think about the friend zone after sex?

My situation followed it. I emerged from as deep in the friend zone as I thought possible. We were best friends but neither had any interest or attraction. Suddenly things happened, feelings developed, and we had sex unexpectedly, which turned into a unofficial relationship for around a month. The reason I ask is it gradually stopped and now it seems like she wants to become just friends again and forget anything happened between us. I'm not talking about a one time sexual encounter, but something that seemed identical to a serious long term relationship.

Now I have feelings and hope if I stay her good friend, things might develop anew. I worry that I will fall into the friend zone again, but this time for good due to my feelings.

Being friends after this will be tough. I've manged it...but eventually we just drifted apart as friends (speak to her occassionally now..maybe twice a year!).

Once you are friendzoned any chance of a relationship is over. It's pointless clinging on...it will just prolong any hurt you are going through.

But saying all this i did have a friend who wanted more (a year after telling me she saw me as a friend!).....by then it was too late as i just saw her as a friend....was quite satisfying though to have the tables turned.

I would never ever date someone who had previously told me they viewed me as a friend.....to be rejected by the same person twice is stupid (so don't put yourself in that position).

I've always believed that you can never go back to being "just friends" after being intimate.

Not exactly true lol. I'm real good friends with a guy right now who I kiiiind of got a little too drunk with about 12 years ago. Well, twice. (Or so he says? Apparently I partied to hard back then) We're still real good friends now. One of my best guy friends as a matter of fact. We joke around about what happened, and neither one of us wants to do it again. If anything, it's brought us closer as friends. We both have been in long term relationships in the past 10 years and we still act like the best of friends... So I think it depends on what kind of friendship you have with the person and how good a friends you were or are.

I've always believed that you can never go back to being "just friends" after being intimate.

I agree that things will never be the same again unless it was like a one time drunken accident, but I do think friendship is possible if neither party had any lingering feelings.

Once you are friendzoned any chance of a relationship is over. It's pointless clinging on.

I also agree its game over if you are friendzoned when you want more. But after you have gotten out of it, and have been much more, I wonder if it's possible to really and truly fall into the "Friend Zone" again.

Archived