I got stood up yesterday and don't understand

Anotherday

I'd just spoken with him Sat night and we agreed he would come over yesterday at 1 or 2. I cleaned my house, etc but had this nagging feeling he was going to stand me up - which he did! I left him three VMs during the course of the day, each one reflecting where I was at in my thought process (with some wine thrown in).

At any rate, I called this a.m. and let his work cell ring once and hung up, so I know he's alive. I told him in one of the messages I knew he wasn't in a car accident or in the hospital, but that he may well be very rude, married or have a GF. I also told him he may have met someone at the party the night before (and sorry, if he's in bed with her on Sunday after knowing her one night I really DON'T want to know him). Anyway, I am not going to call him again. He doesn't have a leg to stand on other than that he's a creep. So now, how do I move on here and not feel so hurt? BTW, known the guy for three years now and he is OLDER so he should know better. Thanks in advance. Ok, in writing this I realized I deserve both an explanation and apology. Of course, coward that he is did not even pick up the phone so I left a VM.

Well, he called me back with the most lame ass excuses I've ever heard and a lie thrown in. I don't even know why I listen to him, but my mouth is just open when I listen to him so I can't quite regroup that fast. He says he was very sick and had to go to urgent care to get some antibiotics. Didn't say what he was sick with. He also said he called me at 2 and blamed it off my cell phone company that I never got the call or message. Of course, all I had to do was to look online at my cell phone call details to confirm that lie. At any rate, I told him I love him dearly but won't be stood up by him or anyone else. I told him he has to be honest with me and that he can go ahead and define the terms of knowing him, but then he has to be honest and stick to them. I also told him since we're not "in a relationship" there is no reason for me to keep his toothbrush here. All in all, the guy is a liar and I don't know why I put up with it - other than the fact I really do care for him and don't see myself with anyone else for the rest of my life.

Did you really call him three times, while drunk, and say all those things? That he was in bed with someone he just met, and wasn't in the hospital, and all the other stuff?

Yeesh.

Even if he did stand you up, you have to realize that going completely psycho like this just convinces him he did the right thing in blowing you off, right? All you did was prove him right.

And you do sound pretty fatal attraction. Put down the bottle, the phone, and get a grip, girl!

Did you really call him three times, while drunk, and say all those things? That he was in bed with someone he just met, and wasn't in the hospital, and all the other stuff?

Yeesh.

Even if he did stand you up, you have to realize that going completely psycho like this just convinces him he did the right thing in blowing you off, right? All you did was prove him right.

And you do sound pretty fatal attraction. Put down the bottle, the phone, and get a grip, girl!

Thanks for your concern. The first time I called I wasn't drinking. Maybe I haven't made things clear, but I have NO way to reach him other than his work cell phone, so I am used to leaving messages. He did ask me if I am not relentless when he phoned, however. Well, if he would just be a reasonable and honest person I wouldn't be calling him now, would I. Oh, and to put things into perspective, it doesn't matter whether I am a psycho stalker (which I am not), as he told me I called him FIVE times this morning. I called him once. See what I mean? It really doesn't matter what I do as he just makes this stuff up.

Dude, this guy soooo totally has you wrapped around his finger. You're his little plaything. Have fun being spat upon. Seriously, getting angry does nothing. Stop caring and move on. Stop talking to him. If you need to do some revenge, do it, go spray paint his car pink...but then move on.

Dude, this guy soooo totally has you wrapped around his finger. You're his little plaything. Have fun being spat upon. Seriously, getting angry does nothing. Stop caring and move on. Stop talking to him. If you need to do some revenge, do it, go spray paint his car pink...but then move on.

I don't want revenge, that is just it. I just want him to say something and stick to it. Just friends? Great. Stick to it. Soulmates? Great. Stick to it. I just want him to be HONEST and NORMAL - two things I think he is incapable of.

I don't want revenge, that is just it. I just want him to say something and stick to it. Just friends? Great. Stick to it. Soulmates? Great. Stick to it. I just want him to be HONEST and NORMAL - two things I think he is incapable of.

Okay, your point? this has already been established. he's not yeilding what you want. what do you do with a bad product? you get a refund or throw it out.

Archived