What does it mean when someone looks at your mouth when you speak

BronzedSkin123

If a woman looks at my lips (not necessarily when I'm talking) on a date then I think she wants me to kiss her. If it is not a date, then I don't know. If I had something wrong, like a cut, then that would explain it also. I'm not sure if men look at women's lips when they are interested in kissing.

If a woman looks at my lips (not necessarily when I'm talking) on a date then I think she wants me to kiss her. If it is not a date, then I don't know. If I had something wrong, like a cut, then that would explain it also. I'm not sure if men look at women's lips when they are interested in kissing.

These aren't dates. Just casual situations like at school or work. I had a class with a girl who would just look at my lips. I kept examining them to see if there was somethign wrong, even ask my mother, and she said they are fine. I don't get it.

Sometimes when a persons hearing isn't excellent, they'll look at your lips to track what you're saying. I do this myself and people tend to assume it's because I'm attracted to them. Which can be awkward when I'm not.

So, it can be a sign of attraction, it can also be a sign they can't follow what you're saying very well.

I tend to look at the mouth when I'm thinking of kissing a guy, definitely. I find guys tend to look into my eyes with a certain expression when they are thinking of kissing me, however. Guys who are just "appreciating" me, look at my legs or my chest and not my face, which is kind of interesting. And I'm talking about guys I know well and interact with a lot, not a guy "checking me out" on the street.

The ones that focus on my eyes are the ones that give me butterflies and I start wondering what they are thinking. There's something very sexually stimulating about a shared glance and silent communication through a simple look into each other's eyes.

A lot of times when people feel uncomfortable or are shy, they don't hold eye contact very well. I'm big on eye contact, but some people just start looking elsewhere on my face instead of looking into my eyes when I talk to them. I think it's got way more to do with the people you're talking to than with you or what you're saying.

These aren't dates. Just casual situations like at school or work. I had a class with a girl who would just look at my lips. I kept examining them to see if there was somethign wrong, even ask my mother, and she said they are fine. I don't get it.

That would be a good opportunity to flirt and jokingly say, "If you keep looking at my lips, I'm going to think you want me to kiss you."

The eye-contact thing is a good one to bring up. I have to admit I'm not sure if I could tell if someone was looking at my eyes or lips (surely they're close enough together to look the same if you know what I mean?)

Trust me, you can tell when someone is looking into your eyes vs your lips.

I look directly into people's eyes as I speak to them as a matter of course, which can be disconcerting to some folks. It's kind of a litmus test for me too, a guy who can hold a level gaze with mine is twice as likely to get me thinking about more with him than someone who can't. I love to communicate with my eyes and an attractive guy who can do the same is a major major turn on. This has at least once been enough to turn a guy from "gee, he's attractive " to "wow, I really want that guy"

I've encountered this quite a few times. Particularly, from both men and women (some who were interested in me), everytime I talk, they look directly at my mouth/lips and nothing else. Does this mean my lips look weird, or teeth? Or that they find them appealing? It's very uncomfortable.

Generally speaking it's a sign they went to kiss you.

It could be that you have very attractive lips or you’re lips move a lot when you talk. There are some people that I know who when they talk, their mouth is much more animated than others. Silly question because you would’ve mentioned it, but do you wear a lot of gloss or anything that would make your lips stand out.

It could be that you have very attractive lips or you’re lips move a lot when you talk. There are some people that I know who when they talk, their mouth is much more animated than others. Silly question because you would’ve mentioned it, but do you wear a lot of gloss or anything that would make your lips stand out.

Yes, I do. Is this a bad thing?

Yes, I do. Is this a bad thing?

Well, if you wear lip gloss to make your lips stand out and your lips actually do get attention, I suppose it's not a bad thing.

I look at people's lips when they talk because I have trouble understanding people I don't know very well.

I look at a girl's lips only if I want to kiss her. Usually she does the same to let me know she wants to kiss me also.

Archived