How many dates would you go on without a kiss?

Knotty

Girls, how many dates would you go on if he didn't move in for a kiss? Assume he said he liked you and was willing to go on another date and pay for the date, so it was only costing you time. And assume you liked him and the dates were fun, but just no kissing, hugging, etc.

Guys, after how many dates would you give up if the girl refused to kiss you when you tried to kiss her?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went on--I believe--5 dates with my boyfriend before we kissed. And even then it was just a peck. I was about to go crazy, because I personally LOVE kissing...but mostly it just made me worry about his interest level. Turns out he's just super shy.

I wouldn't have put a time limit on it though...nothing like, "If he doesn't kiss me by the 6th date, I'm outta here!" Lol.

I guess it depends on what kind of kiss you mean.

If, on the first date, we've both had a good night, I will give her a peck on the lips as a statement of intent. If she won't let me do that, then I will try again on the second date. If again, then I won't ask her out again.

For tonsil tickling snogging... Well, I would say, 3rd or 4th date, although it depends on how reserved we are. But if no snogging by then, then likely the dating aint gonna go anywhere.

Well, when I was younger...it didn't matter how long, it just couldn't be right away. I don't know now, but I would like to only kiss if things were getting pretty serious. I don't kiss strangers or practical strangers. If we've known each other as friends for quite some time, it doesn't matter what date. My ex kissed me on our second date, but then again we had been friends for 4 months before that and really cared for each other and wanted to go 'steady' and make a commitment. So that was different.

But if it's just some guy I don't know, I think 2 dates is too soon! I don't even know more than the basics of the person and we're already exchanging body fluids? NO WAY. Too intimate to me. I would want to know you for quite some time, regardless of the date. If you work together or have mutual friends, I think it's OK to move faster. But a complete stranger is kind of gross. I just don't feel safe with that.

If he's really great and things feel like they're moving forward, I can be patient and wait. In fact I'd like the guy to move slowly because I'm tired of guys trying to go far on the first date. But by the third date if there is still no kiss at all, I might get a little impatient. Like I said, if the chemistry is right and things are going really well I can wait for longer.

If a girl stopped seeing me because I wasn't getting the right vibe from her after the 2nd date to kiss her, I don't think I lost anything.

I base my moves completely off the vibe I get from the girl. If she seems interested and I feel things are going well, I go for a good night kiss on the first date. If it's a bit timid, I'll wait until the 2nd and feel it out as it goes.

I have been on dates with girls that seemed very distant and uninterested, then told ME they wanted to not see me anymore because I didn't make a move. .... Sorry, but if you're uninterested, it's not worth getting slapped.

Perhaps someone (like the OP for example) should define kissing exactly. It seems to be running the whole gamut between a peck 'n cuddle right up to body fluid exchange. Wow.

Kissing is when the lips make contact. lol. But I guess I mean a kiss that at least lasts for a few seconds so it's definitely a romantic gesture and not just a friendly gesture like kissing a parent.

I ask because the first kiss seems to be a defining moment in many relationships. It's when many women decide how much they like the guy, and women gauge how much he likes her by the kiss.

Many people don't want to waste time dating someone if they don't think it's going anywhere, so they will give up and go out with someone else that seems to like them more.

Heck, if we aren't having sex within a month, I'm outta there! Kissing, 2 or 3 dates, if that long. I hate guys with sexual hangups. I just don't gel with them. If you like shy guys, then you do what is right for you. I believe in the saying, "to each their own."

If I was on a blind date or going on dates with a guy I just met, then i would give it more time, like 4 or 5 dates (or more) depending on the guy... but if it's someone I met like, say a month ago and we just started going out and it's clear we REALLY like each other, I'll be expecting a kiss by the 3rd date tops. If he doesn't try to kiss me by then, I'll take matters into my own hands!

Girls, how many dates would you go on if he didn't move in for a kiss? Assume he said he liked you and was willing to go on another date and pay for the date, so it was only costing you time. And assume you liked him and the dates were fun, but just no kissing, hugging, etc.

Guys, after how many dates would you give up if the girl refused to kiss you when you tried to kiss her?

I'm a guy. But if I am not trying to kiss you at some stage on the first date, then either you are butt ugly, or the guy is gay. I mean - even the most "nervous" type of guy should make at least some bumbling effort to peck you on the lips before the date ends.

If I was on a blind date or going on dates with a guy I just met, then i would give it more time, like 4 or 5 dates (or more) depending on the guy... but if it's someone I met like, say a month ago and we just started going out and it's clear we REALLY like each other, I'll be expecting a kiss by the 3rd date tops. If he doesn't try to kiss me by then, I'll take matters into my own hands!

4 or 5 dates? Do you date monks!?

As to the OP question: I have zero expectations. It all depends on our chemistry and our comfort level, and whatever else is in the picture. It happens when it happens. Unless the guy tries to plant one in the first 10 minutes, I generally don't really have any time constraints.

Usually I get kissed on the second date, sometimes the first. I would probably wait until the third date and if at that point I am confident that he really likes me I'd probably make the move myself...hasn't come to that yet though lol.

Archived