I feel like there is something in my foot, but I can't see anything.

Ever since last night, It feels like there is something in my foot and it hurts. It hurts and is hard to walk. I am a wimp. but if I saw something I would pull it out but I just don't see anything there. What should I do? And of course its right in the upper middle part, right where you step down on first. ugh. ](*,)

yes, greywolf it is like that!

metrogirl, thats what i fear, but it has to be smallll because honestly I have looked and looked and NOTHING. last night i thought i saw something shiny but its not there anymore. And I dont know how it could be glass because theres no broken glass here! But of course, anything is possible. This just sucks. lol

metrogirl, thats what i fear, but it has to be smallll because honestly I have looked and looked and NOTHING. last night i thought i saw something shiny but its not there anymore. And I dont know how it could be glass because theres no broken glass here! But of course, anything is possible. This just sucks. lol

Well just to be sure, try soaking your foot in some warm to hot water to soften up the skin a bit. Try running your fingertip over the area to see if you can feel something in the foot.......Have a pair of tweezers handy just in case.

If you touch it with your fingers, does it hurt as well? Or only when you put weight on your foot?

so how'd you get it out ?

I did alot of research about fiberglass removal and there was the tape method...but I saw somewhere that said to wash your skin with hair conditioner and let it sit for a few minutes then wash it off with warm water, then wash off again with cold water.

Keep in mind I had a ton of fiberglass in my skin because I was waxing a boat and it did help alot because the glass was embedded all over my arms and face. But I have no idea if it'll work for just one piece of glass.

Have you ever messed with callouses on the bottom of your feet by trying to buffer them out of use clippers to cut them off?

When I was younger I used a pair of clippers to cut off a callous on the bottom of my foot. It still leaves a pain if I walk around barefoot or my feet are too cold. Apparently this is quite common as I read a warning in a health and fitness book about why you shouldn't do this. Whoops

• 7 years later...

I had this same problem a long time ago in the center of my foot and I had it for a long time. I couldn't walk around without shoes on and it felt like a needle every step I took. I ended up going to the doctor, and they had to give a numbing shot and dug into my foot. They ended up finding a few tiny pieces of glass, so that might be what it was. And I didn't remember even seeing broken glass, let alone stepping on it, but anything is possible! Sorry if I'm scaring you, but I saw your comment because I'm expierencing the same thing again. The numbing shot in the bottom of your foot does hurt, the most out of every part of your body I think, but every bodies pain tolerance is different. My mom says it's the worst place to get a shot, as well. Good luck

• 3 years later...

I just found this thread cause the same exact thing as the OP happened to me just now. The tape didn't work for me but my mom suggested I run my foot under a strong stream of water (in the tub) and that fixed it. I don't know if whatever was there got out, but it doesn't hurt anymore. Occasionally I'm randomly feeling a little pain there, but it's not the sharp pain that made it so I couldn't walk. Go mom! I'm 41 by the way lol!

I just found this thread cause the same exact thing as the OP happened to me just now. The tape didn't work for me but my mom suggested I run my foot under a strong stream of water (in the tub) and that fixed it. I don't know if whatever was there got out, but it doesn't hurt anymore. Occasionally I'm randomly feeling a little pain there, but it's not the sharp pain that made it so I couldn't walk. Go mom! I'm 41 by the way lol!

This thread is 12 years old .

Hopefully the thing is out of the OP's foot by now!

Lol. Let's hope!

My mom says it's the worst place to get a shot, as well.

Oh, it is. I can get shots anywhere, but the bottom of the foot is horrible. No earthly reason why it should hurt that bad.

Archived