Space?

In the Dark

What is space?

Why would someone need space when you only see them a few days a week?

Why would they say that when they have shown so much endearment only to distance themselves.

Show more endearment than any other person they have known.

They introduced me to thier parents and thier friends.

They love me and know I am the best thing for her.

But why can't she see it now?

Or does she see it and wants to sabotage it?

They have commitment issues but why with someone who loves them and has not done anything wrong?

From wanting to needing to irrational thoughts to distancing.

I am the best thing they ever had.

But wants me to be away.

Dying inside.

I don't know how much more dying inside I can't take.

I count the days.

Waiting to this all change,

Back to what was ment to be,

Not a distant memory,

Of a past which made me,

Become stronger than I've ever been,

I count the days love is away.

The days I churn in pain.

curled up on my bed.

Thoughts of before in my head.

Wounds reopen and bleed,

Better left useen,

The grotesque pain in me.

Has come back to be with me.

I did not do anything wrong and it comes to this.

Hey In_the_dark,

I know how you feel, breaking up with someone is one of the worst pains imaginable. Let me guess - you can't eat? You can't sleep? You don't know what to do with yourself?

From previous experience I would advice you not to think about getting back together with her, I know you think she will see sense and come back to you but you must face the reality that these kind of outcomes are very few and far between. You must face that reality head on - in order to begin to move on. Don't speak to her, your words will not change her mind.....even speaking to her on a friendly level will make it so much worse and put on hold your getting over her. You must stop contact - if she contacts you then fine, speak to her but do NOT, I repeat - do NOT contact her. I know this is the most difficult thing in the WORLD and so my advice may be useless but please LISTEN to me when I say this.

Spend your free time with friends and family, surround yourself with people and activities, don't spend any time sitting at home on your own.

You CAN do this and you WILL get over her! I was in your exact position a year ago and now I have nothing to do with him and I am happier than ever - Look to the future.....when everything seemed hopeless I just thought to myself 'in a year I will be totally over this' and I am. PM me if you want to talk xx

I'm churning now.

I did not go to work.

I called the doctor to make an appointment but missed it.

The alcohol doesn't help anymore.

I'm going to make an appointment with the doctor tomorrow if I make it through.

All I do is curl up in bed feeling sick.

I would like to PM but I do not know how to.

I hope I can talk to someone, I know I need to.

It sounds like you are still together but she just needs more space? Am I right?

How long have you been seeing each other. I think with your desperate words you may be scaring her away from you a little bit. I know it must hurt, but making her feel that you are literally dying inside when you are not with her, will only make her distance herself even more. Believe me, I have been her.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the same exact position, save for that we were living together and engaged.

Couldn't eat? Check.

Felt sick (and was physically sick)? Check.

Couldn't sleep? Check.

To date I have lost about seven pounds, have been eating healthier and started to run. I am doing whatever I can to break my daily cycle. My advice is to go to work - work is important. I wanted to take time off too, but why would I want to sit and let those feelings fester?

Like the other poster said, surround yourself with family and close friends. My family and friends have been blowing my phone up asking me to go out. My apartment doesn't feel like home anymore and she still hasn't completely moved out yet (it's close to two weeks now).

Plan something for a few weeks from now so you have something in the future to look forward to - it will help.

I can honestly tell you that it gets better with time, I may not be over what I am going through and still suffer bouts of sadness and depression - but that which does not kill you, only makes you stronger.

You can do this and so can I.

Archived