$30,000 a year, what are you making an hour and bring home after taxes?

Far as the W-4 What was I supposed to put in the dependent box? Claim myself and put 1 right?

Just trying to figure out if I need to redo the form

you can put 0 or 1...........

1 they will take out more and might get taxes back at the end of the yr... with zero youre weekly checks will be bigger, but might have to pay or get nothing at the end of the yr.....

you can put 0 or 1...........

1 they will take out more and might get taxes back at the end of the yr... with zero youre weekly checks will be bigger, but might have to pay or get nothing at the end of the yr.....

I think my mom said if I put 0 then in box 4 or 5 I should put 5 or 10 dollars.

It depends on how many allowances you claim and what other benefits you pay out. For example, I pay fed, state, medicare, 401k, stock purchase, medical, dental, vision, extra life insurance and extra long term disability. I make 48,000 before bonuses and after I pay all the above I take home $1425 every two weeks. Mind you I claim 2 on my W4's.

I get a minimal refund but never have to pay. Just keep this in mind. The more you get back in overpaid taxes the more you are letting the government use your money interest free during the year....

I'm mad that you guys get these bonuses and overtime pay. I need a new career haha. It's actually written into our contract that we have to work extra events throughout the year with no pay totaling 8 hours. I know 8 hours isn't a lot...but the fact that it's written that we don't get paid for it is ridiculous in my opinion.

I get a minimal refund but never have to pay. Just keep this in mind. The more you get back in overpaid taxes the more you are letting the government use your money interest free during the year....

True. I do what I do because my industry has a lot of layoffs. This way I don't have to worry about having the IRS on my back if I get canned and can't pay my taxes. I need all my savings to live off of if something goes wrong...

Thats very true, I don't get much back either, You guys have W-4s we have T-4s, and all we need to do to gurantee a small return is have an RRSP.

Archived