Guys with hang ups on overweight girls.

tulipsfav

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. The average woman is somewhere around 5 ft 4 inches to 5 ft 6 inches. 36 extra pounds is really quite a lot of weight to be carrying around.

When I was single, I wasn't really interested in dating overweight men, so I don't think it's just men that see this as an issue.

Are you seriously asking this question? Guys have very high expectations and make that vocally clear. One thing I've learned, the prettier guys think you are, the more perfect they expect you to be physically. And they are NOT shy about sharing those expectations, believe you me. Lived with that my whole life - big reason why I developed such healthy eating habits and take such good care of myself to maintain that as I age. And I still fall short of some men's expectations (thanks to Hollywood).

Look, if the guy is not attracted to you when you're naked, would you really want to date him? That's not fair to you.

I agree with you, though my friend in question has never seen me naked lol. At times i just feel that he gets to know a girl with a great personality, but would not even consider dating because she is overweight. I have gained weight, suffering from depression and he does not make me feel too good about myself when he coments on overweight people.

i think it's more important to be at a medically healthy weight, for your own health and longevity. some guys think that even a size 0 or 2 is too fat. i don't want one of those jerks anyways. i think if you are at a medically healthy weight (according to BMI), you are ok.

A stone is 14 pounds - so someone who weighs 2 or 3 stone over ideal weight is 24 or 36 pounds.

2-3 stone is 28-42 pounds.

Why is this? You get on really well, but being overweight stands in your way,say maybe 2,3 stone. Are most men attracted to girls that are thin? Have a guy friend who mentions weight quite often.](*,)

28-42 extra pounds of fat on a woman is simply not attractive to most guys. That's not a hang-up. That's biology. And that's pretty unhealthy for you regardless of what guys think.

I just prefer a woman who takes good care of her beauty and health. I can deal with a little bit, but there are some women who carry an obsessive amount of weight around and don't have any intention of removing it. And if you're comfortable with that, that's fine. But personally, I don't find it very attractive.

I do my best each day to watch what kind of foods I eat and try to exercise regularly to keep myself in good physical shape so I would appreciate it if the woman I am with can do the same.

Some guys are more tactful than others. I hate it when guys talk about girls like piece of meat, or all oh i don't like fat girls. guh, so shallowwwww. you're no hot shot yourself, bud.

i'm 20 lbs "overweight" and while everyone has an issue with it... i have never felt better about my body. be comfortable with who you are. lose weight if it makes you feel good, but don't do it for others.

Some guys are more tactful than others. I hate it when guys talk about girls like piece of meat, or all oh i don't like fat girls. guh, so shallowwwww. you're no hot shot yourself, bud.

I don't go after fat girls, either, and I don't think it's shallow at all. I do my best to keep myself healthy. Why can't she do the same?

You don't have to be perfect - just not overweight.

I don't go after fat girls, either, and I don't think it's shallow at all. I do my best to keep myself healthy. Why can't she do the same?

You don't have to be perfect - just not overweight.

lolll... according to the bmi, i'm overweight but i'm certainly not fat! but like i said, tact. it's cool for you to not want "fat" girls, just like i don't like unfit blond guys... but it's another to start talking about it out of no where... when nobody asked (which is what i was talking about in my first post)

biologically speaking, men are attracted to waist ratio. we learned this in my bellydancing classes, and part of the reason why bellydancers wear so much damned stuff on our hips!!! i remember one year, on top of my harem pants i was wearing, i also had a long fringe belt, a coin belt, and a row of chains. the "optimal" or "sexiest" ratio is 0.7 (ie, tiny waist, larger hips).

i read a new study that considers women to be overweight if their waist ratio is over 0.8 (and for men, i think it's 0.95).

I don't really consider 36 pound extra really bad. but it depends what you mean here by over weight. over the maximum of ideal range or the axact ideal weight? anyways it is different for different woman and different guys like different things too. I can be too thick for one guy and at the same time be the ideal weight for another...I actually know super built guys that would rather girls to be more meaty,lol. So don't worry about it just try to get better, that is key. sitting there and thinking I am the way I am I have fat all around me and I like it don't help you with guys nor trying to starve yourself or going against your genetic patterns. Try to get better as much as you can for your body shape and you will find the right guy for you

Overweight is an instant deal breaker for me. I'm not prejudice against girls with a few extra pounds, but when it becomes evident to the eye with things like, double chin, fat belly, etc... it's too much.

Why? I keep myself in good shape and I would expect my partner to do the same! Overweight to me just looks lazy/slovenly. It's important for one to take care of the body they have been given.

I hate it when guys talk about girls like piece of meat, or all oh i don't like fat girls. guh, so shallowwwww.

Ok, and we don't like it when women are all "oh I only speak to guys taller than 6-foot with GQ model looks and a ferrari"! So sorry to say, but * * * -for-tat eh?

Not a personal attack, just these double-standards modern women get to live really grid me.

Women are only willing to date 6-foot plus gq-models and thats a "preference" and applauded by her fellow women, if a man says well i'd prefer not to date someone who looks like the Oros man he's "shallow and superficial". Enough said.

Ok, and we don't like it when women are all "oh I only speak to guys taller than 6-foot with GQ model looks and a ferrari"! So sorry to say, but * * * -for-tat eh?

Not a personal attack, just these double-standards modern women get to live really grid me.

Women are only willing to date 6-foot plus gq-models and thats a "preference" and applauded by her fellow women, if a man says well i'd prefer not to date someone who looks like the Oros man he's "shallow and superficial". Enough said.

yes all guys should be 6-foot plus and also they should have 7+ penises. This is why half of the male population can't get any girls.

Just date guys that are accepting of heavier women. If a guy is a little overweight then we will probably accept an overweight girlfriend. But I don't understand how an out-of-shape man can criticize women for being overweight.

I'm sure I will upset someone here, but that is not my intention. I'm just trying to be objective

We have a few problems here. People are getting fatter and fatter & the population is getting sicker and sicker. Being overweight is not just an aesthetic problem, it's a health problem. Even overweight people who claim to be "fat and healthy" right now are still at a greatly increased risk of developing heart disease, diabetes, cancers, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, stroke and infertility. I would imagine that most people don't want to end up with a partner who has these problems.

This is where I think the "body love" movement has gone too far. Nobody wants to be told they are ugly because they are fat, but in my opinion it would be far worse to be told by a doctor that I was dying because of my weight. I think the emphasis should be placed on health and not acceptance of obesity, nor acceptance of anorexia.

As someone who struggles to keep my weight low, I can understand how you feel, but at the same time I'm not going to simply accept that it's okay for me to be fat. I'm also not going to accept that someone will love me regardless of my weight because it would be shallow for them to do otherwise. I DO accept that health is attractive. Even if my future partner does love me for my personality only, I know that they will be grateful that I've maintained a healthy weight and have done what I can to prevent a large array of health problems.

We all have a right to be a little picky. Why settle for someone we are not attracted too? I am not. I work hard to stay in shape. So I am not going to settle for a partner that is not willing to do the same.

I am attracted to women who are considered a little overweight and average. I don't want my partner to be skinny. But 30-40 pounds seems a bit excesive. Most of the women I date are in the range of 125lbs-150lbs. I am 6ft tall and around 200lbs with a muscular build. I am considered overweight in a doctors eyes, but I only have around 15% bodyfat. I would date a women who is heavier depending on her bodyfat.

I agree with Dragon Lady. you want to be healthy even if your partner loves you for who you are. being overweight is not 'ok', unless you are *healthy* while being so, and that's probably harder. just like being underweight is not good either.

it's not superficial. I love my SO no matter what, but if he got overweight I'd make him lose it, and I expect he'd do the same for me.

Archived