Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Pakistan: Misconceptions Destroyed

stingray

Hey guys,

I thought I would share some pictures and information from a country that is often misunderstood. I am willing to answer any questions you have for me in this thread just please don't make it political. If you have any political question send it to me via PM as I am well versed in Pakistani geo-politics.

Anyways, here goes....

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Islamabad: The Capital

image removed

A Greek firm of architects, Doxiadis Assosciates, drew up a master plan, triangular in shape based on a grid system with its apex towards the Margalla Hills. The planners envisaged Islamabad eventually absorbing Rawalpindi entirely and stretching well to the west of the GT Road. The city was divided into eight zones: the diplomatic enclave, the commercial district, the educational sector, the industrial area and so on, each with its own shopping area and park. Construction began in 1961 and the first residents moved in two years later. Meanwhile, government offices were temporarily moved up to Rawalpindi. The city came to life on 26 October 1966, when the first office building was occupied.

Before, I get flamed I am not spamming I am trying to share my country with everyone. Pakistan has been in the news a lot lately and I just want to set the record straight by using pictures. Most of which are either on my server and are mine or are hosted on my server by people. Some of them are also posted because they fall under the fair use clause.

Peshawer: Gateway to South Asia

image removed

Peshāwar (Urdu: پشاور; Pashto: پښور literally means City on the Frontier in Persian and is known as Pekhawar in Pashto. It is the provincial capital of Pakistan's North-West Frontier Province as well as the capital of the Federally Administered Tribal Areas.[1] Located on the edge of the Khyber Pass, Peshawar is the commercial, economic, political and cultural capital of the Pakistani frontier and, particularly, of the Pashtuns.

St Johns Cathedral, Peshawar

image removed

Khyber Steam Train preparing to leave Peshawar station

image removed

The pipe band leader, Jamrud, Khyber Pass Steam Safari

image removed

Carriage, Khyber Pass Steam Safari

image removed

Lahore: The Mughal Capital

image removed

Lahore is a major city of Pakistan and is the capital of the province of Punjab. It is located near the river Ravi and the Indian border. Lahore is estimated to have approximately 7-9 million inhabitants. This makes it the second largest city in Pakistan, after Karachi. It is considered to be one of the thirty largest cities of the world.

Archived