baby names

hers

Ok I want to figure out some baby names to pass on to my sister, who is due in november. So far they like Braxton for a boy, but no one else does. They're still iffy on a girl's name. Every name she likes, her husband doesn't. Every name he likes, she doesn't. They have plenty of time to pick of course, but she's trying to think now.

Requirements:

-A name good on a baby, a child, a teenager, an adult, and an old person (braxton is cute for a baby and kid but not really anything else, I think).

-No weird spellings (mihkaeylah for instance. I have a misspelled name and my sister won't do that to her kid).

-No verbs, adjectives, or nouns (river or prescious or any of the crap).

So help anyone? I personally like names like miles, aaron, shane (boy or girl!), suzanne, amelia, camille, but it's not my kid...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Ruby and Emily for a girl.

But ultimately what they love will win. Since it's their first child I don't think you should offer name help, unless they ask of course. Couples get all kinds of "advice" thrown at them when they are having a first baby, and a lot of the times it adds to the stress.

The name aaron is great! I've never met an unattractive or unkind aaron.

I like old fashioned names, really. Ones you don't see anymore.

I just feel like braxton is "trendy"

I like traditional names myself. I'm not particularly fond of trendy names or misspelled names. One of my friends recently had a baby and she called it something very similar to Braxton. I kind of flinched when I first found out.

I can't actually think of any myself, although girl names are easier to pick I think.

I love charlotte but she doesn't.

She's asked for suggestions and anything she comes up with, she asks what I think. I'm honest with her but I've also told her I don't care either way, it's not my baby, and I'll be very devoted either way!

She doesn't like names that can be dog names (daisy, ruby, etc). If we've ever heard it as a dog or cat name, it's out. That's another rule...

She's asked for suggestions and anything she comes up with, she asks what I think. I'm honest with her but I've also told her I don't care either way, it's not my baby, and I'll be very devoted either way!

She doesn't like names that can be dog names (daisy, ruby, etc). If we've ever heard it as a dog or cat name, it's out. That's another rule...

I love Charlotte too. And Bettie, spelled only this way

Tell her that your friend has a dog named Braxton.

Or that it should be a last name, like Toni Braxton.

We also have a huuuuuge family on each side, and she doesn't want to repeat names (brian, jessica, jennifer, michael, steven, william, jeffery, gerald, john, joseph, anne, emily, for ex). Our grandmother is dorothy but she doesn't want that for a girl.

She wants to keep 2 family names as possible middle names: maureen (her middle name) and eileen (my middle name). Just a thought.

Really I'm just wanting to pass all of the names along to her and see what she thinks, hence why I'm asking for ideas!

I like brandon. I wonder if she's thoight of it.

Their last name starts with Br. Her husband's first name also starts Br. He's a 3rd and his family wants the 4th, but she won't budge. So I think they may be wantung the alliteration but she still is thinking other names.

Archived