Would you dump your partner/boy/girlfriend over a kiss with someone else?

hexaemeron

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't blur the lines meant not to be crossed when it comes to infidelity. Kissing someone else is the cheating, the same as sex. It may not have gotten that far, but the outcome is the same. You trust your partner to kiss only you, and when that trust is broken, it doesn't matter how far it went.

You can't blur the lines meant not to be crossed when it comes to infidelity. Kissing someone else is the cheating, the same as sex. It may not have gotten that far, but the outcome is the same. You trust your partner to kiss only you, and when that trust is broken, it doesn't matter how far it went.

Isn't that throwing the baby out with the bathwater? I mean, if someone is there for you in good times and bad, supports you and loves you, holds your head when you are sick and lets you be there for him/her the same...

Why does something so small negate ALL of that?

yup, nail on tha head!

To generic of a question for me. A lot of other factors to consider.

For example, if we haven't been together very long at all, I'd probably end it, just because I wouldn't have a lot invested in the relationship and it would be a sign of bigger problems down the road.

If we've been together for 5 years, I'd probably want to get thru it.

There's a discussion going on in another thread and I find this amazing. Would you break up with your partner if a kiss with someone else happened?

Would I leave my wife? No.

Would I leave my long time girlfriend? (if this had happened in the past) No.

Would I leave a gf who I had only been seeing for a very short time (3 months or less) Yes.

A kiss? Seriously? Why?

I'd definitely think about it, taking in consideration other aspects of the relationship. I think you might have to define "kiss"

quick New years eve kiss of a old friend who is not a threat - OK

make out session with secret crush - not OK

You should make a poll threat on this!

I'd definitely think about it, taking in consideration other aspects of the relationship. I think you might have to define "kiss"

quick New years eve kiss of a old friend who is not a threat - OK

make out session with secret crush - not OK

You should make a poll threat on this!

Yes, circumstances are everything. Was alcohol involved? Not excusable, but maybe slightly more understandable. Also, ex-gfs/bfs are not okay.

Isn't that throwing the baby out with the bathwater? I mean, if someone is there for you in good times and bad, supports you and loves you, holds your head when you are sick and lets you be there for him/her the same...

the problem is that this is a breaking of trust. do u not trust the person u are with? would it not matter if they broke ur trust?

i sense a theme on ur posts. why do u seem to seek exits so much

It's exactly like I said...a TRUST issue. It's not small in the sense that if you kiss someone who is not your S.O., it's just wrong, unless you have an open relationship. I'm not saying I would break up with them, that wasn't in my post at all, I'm just pointing out that it is cheating, no matter how small it might be.

the problem is that this is a breaking of trust. do u not trust the person u are with? would it not matter if they broke ur trust?

i sense a theme on ur posts. why do u seem to seek exits so much

Ending a relationship at a point to me seemingly like a drop of a hat speaks more to seeking exits than looking at the situation itself with more understanding.

Ending a relationship at a point to me seemingly like a drop of a hat speaks more to seeking exits than looking at the situation itself with more understanding.

Some people can't handle their trust in someone being broken like that. It's that simple. Trust is pretty darn important, and when your partner kisses someone else, they are blatantly breaking that trust.

Doesn't that just mean you're threatened and lacking in self-esteem? If your partner had your trust, why would it matter?

Not self-esteem. That has nothing to do with it. But no, I wouldn't trust a guy who had lots of close female friends. I've seen cheating occur way too many times in those cases. Not always, of course, but enough that I would avoid it.

Some people can't handle their trust in someone being broken like that. It's that simple. Trust is pretty darn important, and when your partner kisses someone else, they are blatantly breaking that trust.

Okay, but what's the point in having trust in anyone if you're just going to cut and leave when something happens? Isn't trust and affection and love supposed to give us the ability to work through issues and not just bolt?

I mean, I could understand if this were an issue of breaking trust over sex. That's one thing. But a kiss? It's very difficult to see the logic of this.

Not self-esteem. That has nothing to do with it. But no, I wouldn't trust a guy who had lots of close female friends. I've seen cheating occur way too many times in those cases. Not always, of course, but enough that I would avoid it.

That just seems like you want to control him. Relationships shouldn't ever be about control.

Okay, but what's the point in having trust in anyone if you're just going to cut and leave when something happens? Isn't trust and affection and love supposed to give us the ability to work through issues and not just bolt?

I mean, I could understand if this were an issue of breaking trust over sex. That's one thing. But a kiss? It's very difficult to see the logic of this.

It is not difficult to see the logic, u just dont want to accept it as a fact it seems.

You work thru the issues PRIOR to cheating on them, it should not have to be after. other ppl have said it more eloquently than i have in this thread

Archived