Ask For Advice

Thread: Is unrequited love always hopeless?

krogen

Is unrequited love always hopeless?

Hello,

Long story short, I fell in love with someone. She knows how I feel, but only wants to be friends.

It's probably best to move on in a situation like this, but is there a glimpse of hope? I'm having a tough time accepting this, as would probably anyone in my situation. Should I still try to be friends? Should I hope that the other person will eventually feel the same way? Or would it be best to lose all connection with the other person?

catfeeder
    Best to lose all connection and walk away with your dignity in tact. Otherwise, you'll only dangle around degrading yourself, and that's a thousand times worse to recover from.

We never get any wasted time back. If this woman is given the opportunity to miss you while you retain your self-respect, then she knows how to contact you.

That's something you can keep in your pocket as you grieve for a time and then start taking baby steps toward healing and rebuilding a new focus. Otherwise, you'll only hang around seeking scraps of attention from her, and that's dismal--and it certainly won't inspire her to view you as love material.

In your corner.

krogen
    In one way, I want to do what you said, but things are a little bit more complicated.

I am taking classes with her in the community college that I am attending, so it will be impossible for me to totally ignore her presence. Plus, after class, I would always walk with her to the parking lot. Should I walk out by myself as if we never did that? I don't want to seem like I am mad at her or something, since that isn't the case. But I would certainly want to forget about her.

Thanks so much for the feedback.

Top Threads
In Love with my best friend but she is now dating a bad boy
Been in love with my best friend for a few years now she has known since 2 years ago. She has been out of the country for those couple of years and
Relationship Advice Please!
Hi everyone, I am a teenager, I live in a boarding school the only now has girls in my year that are in it. At the start of the school year, I met
GeT YoUr LOve BAcK BY VasHikarN 09915350045 Mumbai
GeT YoUr LOve BAcK BY VasHikarN 09915350045 MumbaiGeT YoUr LOve BAcK BY VasHikarN 09915350045 MumbaiGeT YoUr LOve BAcK BY VasHikarN 09915350045

valendtine's  day counseling
Featured Threads
Ugly pictures
We had a professional photographer come in at work. I used the photo and put it on my dating profile. But when my Roomie saw it,she said take it
Not being "too" available.
I posted a few days ago about the younger guy I've been dating for 6 months and how he doesn't want to use BG/GF labels. I got some great feedback
I am having difficulty accepting my boyfriends bisexuality for no reason
So here goes; the main reason why I got this account here is probably because I am so ashamed of myself and that because I am surrounded by either
relationship advice
hi... I'll start by saying i'm a guy, i just really needed a woman's point of view for this, so i hope you can help me! My mom is paying for my
Seeing ex tomorrow..so confused. Need advice!
Hi everyone. I'm really confused with my ex. Dated two years; he was very hurt by the breakup. He hasn't dated many people, and I was his first
Needing advice and/or support with ex girlfriend
Ok. Long story short... I ended up in a serious relationship with my best friend of 7 years. The last 3 years of which we were in a serious
I really need some advice and a outside opinion
I really don't know what to do ... My girlfriend and I have been dating for about a year now she is no longer attracted to me but tells me she loves
Ask For Advice