Ask For Advice

Thread: Is unrequited love always hopeless?

krogen

Is unrequited love always hopeless?

Hello,

Long story short, I fell in love with someone. She knows how I feel, but only wants to be friends.

It's probably best to move on in a situation like this, but is there a glimpse of hope? I'm having a tough time accepting this, as would probably anyone in my situation. Should I still try to be friends? Should I hope that the other person will eventually feel the same way? Or would it be best to lose all connection with the other person?

catfeeder
    Best to lose all connection and walk away with your dignity in tact. Otherwise, you'll only dangle around degrading yourself, and that's a thousand times worse to recover from.

We never get any wasted time back. If this woman is given the opportunity to miss you while you retain your self-respect, then she knows how to contact you.

That's something you can keep in your pocket as you grieve for a time and then start taking baby steps toward healing and rebuilding a new focus. Otherwise, you'll only hang around seeking scraps of attention from her, and that's dismal--and it certainly won't inspire her to view you as love material.

In your corner.

krogen
    In one way, I want to do what you said, but things are a little bit more complicated.

I am taking classes with her in the community college that I am attending, so it will be impossible for me to totally ignore her presence. Plus, after class, I would always walk with her to the parking lot. Should I walk out by myself as if we never did that? I don't want to seem like I am mad at her or something, since that isn't the case. But I would certainly want to forget about her.

Thanks so much for the feedback.

Top Threads
Is it for REAL?
How soon in a relationship should you tell someone you love them? How can you know it is real? If a guy tells you after less than six months that he
I will not give up on her.
It's a terrifying thought that she may see this although it's very unlikely but incase she by a long shot happens to know of this site, I may come
What does he want?
Hi everyone :) So not posted on here before. Just wanted an outside opinion on my situation. Think I'm clouded by it all. So I'm a single mum and
Falling for my best friend and don't know what to do
Heyy So I don't know what to do. I'm pretty sure I'm falling for my best friend of almost 3 years and i feel totally stupid and lost! These
Need an Advice !
There is one girl I truly love, one time I wanted to tell her what I feel about her the answer wasn't really a shock but I was totally accepting that

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Dating younger guy 24 years difference
I am 50 yrs old dating a 26 yrs old guy. We been dating each other for a couple months things are great between us. He told me he will always be
Boyfriend gets very angry if I mention his ex, is this normal?
Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 5months. He broke up with his ex and a year and a half ago. 7 months after they
Should I let my boyfriend stay overnight with his friends?
Hi there. Firstly thank you for reading this post. I am a new member to this forum, and also will soon be new immigrant of the UK so basically there
Is this abuse?
Iím desperate for some advice. Iíve been with my partner for nearly 2 years and everything has been ok, except from when he drinks. I really do not
Is there hope for me?
Me and my girlfriend of two years had been talking about moving in together lately. We didn't actually go look at any place in person, but browsed a
Bringing up trust issues at the start of a new relationship? My situation...
Haven't been on these boards since my last break up a couple years ago, and here I am about to begin a new relationship with feelings from the last
Whats my next move - Dating a girl fresh out of a relationship
Hey guys, So heres the deal. Met a girl in class and I asked her out. Her answer was "maybe" because she didn't want to say no to me but just
Ask For Advice