How can you tell if a job interview went well?

MJ23

What are some common signs? My interview went pretty well, my interviewer reacted positvely to my resume, seemed to think my responses were pretty good, and overall seemed happy and positive. But I can't be sure if it really means anything. What were some signs some of you got when you really clinched an interview?

If they call you back... it went well...

Sorry, hah, just stating the obvious... don't overanalyze it unless they turn you down and you want to go back to them and ask them their reasons for turning you down. Speculation and questioning yourself afterwards won't fix anything or make the process any faster.

What are some common signs? My interview went pretty well, my interviewer reacted positvely to my resume, seemed to think my responses were pretty good, and overall seemed happy and positive. But I can't be sure if it really means anything. What were some signs some of you got when you really clinched an interview?

I was just asking myself the same thing. Basically you know it when you nailed it. Great piece of advice; Write them a follow up email or letter within 24 hours. In this letter irriterate that you are perfect for the job. why, where how. Confirm your interest. Thank them for their time. There are plenty of templates online if you need something to base it off. Inclide all your contact details so you are very convienient to contact.

I did the same a few days ago and got the job. They told me i was a top contender but after they received my email they knew i was the right person.

Anyway. worth a try

If the end of the interview comes, you shake hands to say goodbye & they give you no indication of how they will contact you in the future or when they will be deciding who to hire. So you ask, "Sooo... you'll call me?" and they say "Uhh, yeah we'll call". That is a sign it did NOT go well!

When I got hired they had me to the drug test & background check papers right there at the end of the interview.. something required before they hire anyone where I work. That sort of thing where they go an extra step is a sign you are about to get hired!

Things I've noticed in successful interviews:

-The interviewers ask you personal questions at the end because they're interested, in addition to the beginning personal questions they have to ask to appear personable

-The interviewers keep you in the room longer than expected (for the job I was in now, I was in the room for nearly 45 minutes for what was supposed to be a 20 minute interview)

-The interviewers ask follow-up questions directly related to your answers. i.e. "what color is the sky?" "Green" "Really? Fascinating...we haven't heard that answer yet...what makes you say that?" Instead of just "Okay" *scribbles on paper*

-You get a follow-up call....the more personable, the better.

Hope yours went well

Things I've noticed in successful interviews:

-The interviewers ask you personal questions at the end because they're interested, in addition to the beginning personal questions they have to ask to appear personable

-The interviewers keep you in the room longer than expected (for the job I was in now, I was in the room for nearly 45 minutes for what was supposed to be a 20 minute interview)

-The interviewers ask follow-up questions directly related to your answers. i.e. "what color is the sky?" "Green" "Really? Fascinating...we haven't heard that answer yet...what makes you say that?" Instead of just "Okay" *scribbles on paper*

-You get a follow-up call....the more personable, the better.

Hope yours went well

I think the follow up call is obvious. I think the OP wants to know what gives you a feeling it went well while you are still there

Unfortunately the only really tell tale sign is a job offer.

Many many interviews can go well that for a variety of reasons do not see fruition.

Patience is tough but your only card to play in these cases.

I know CD above said a candidate wants a follow up call to know it went well, but reality will reflect that interviewers don't have the time to call a candidate to say 'hey your interview went fantastic, as soon as we cut the red tape we'll get you onboard". I wish i could say this happened a lot but it rarely happens (it does happen, but not the norm).

I think the follow up call is obvious. I think the OP wants to know what gives you a feeling it went well while you are still there

...which is why I gave the three things I gave that went well for me while I was still there...

The follow up call is obvious, but the tone of the call is not ("the more personable, the better")

Archived