IM annoyances

DaBladeRoden

So Myspace Girl and I have been talking for a few weeks, but haven't met up in person yet due to the first weekend I was all sick. And then the next week I was hoping to meet up on Friday, but she hadn't been online since Monday where I mentioned Friday in passing but never settled on it officially, so when she finally did come online on Friday it was too late for that. And now this week might be difficult because I scheduled something with somebody else on Saturday, and that's the only day I think she has off. So I'm hoping to talk to her to reschedule for another day, but knows if she'll be online again in time.

Well I know she's a nurse and busy with her schedule and since we haven't even met yet she doesn't owe it to me to be online all the time and talk to me all the time. But I wouldn't be so annoyed if she didn't keep saying "talk to you tomorrow" or "we will talk about it tomorrow" when she never is online tomorrow, or maybe the day after that or after that

I dunno, maybe I'm overreacting? But it gets kinda annoying after a while. I dunno, would you be annoyed at something like that?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well things like this would suggest that she still wants to meet, this was from last Friday.

[21:04] MyspaceGirl: Where "we" go, if there will be a we, depends on how we interact when we meet, not on here

[21:05] TheBladeRoden: ah, so you'd still like to meet then?

[21:08] MyspaceGirl: yes I would love to

[21:08] TheBladeRoden: cool beans

[21:09] TheBladeRoden: so what days are open?

[21:11] MyspaceGirl: Well, since I work the night shift again next week, not until next saturday

[21:11] MyspaceGirl: and I WILL mark you in my calendar for sure

[21:12] MyspaceGirl: I'd swear to go if I we'rent agnostic

[21:12] MyspaceGirl: god*

[21:12] TheBladeRoden: hmm too bad we couldn't set something up for tonight

[21:14] MyspaceGirl: Yeah, and I apologize again for that, totally my fault

tell her you want to talk on the phone..and do that. if she doesn't want to talk on the phone but yet says she's willing to meet you...drop her

Does this count?

[21:34] TheBladeRoden: perhaps we should trade phone #'s

[21:39] MyspaceGirl: I don't feel comfortable giving mine out right now, just in case you turn out to be a stalker, but if youd like, in fact, to verify that I'm female ;-), I can call you sometime this week.

I can buy the whole online stalker shyness thing. Over the years I acquired 2 stalkers (both Russian men, oddly) so that hesitation is understandable...to a point.

Right. I don't give my phone number out to anyone online...

i would email her and suggest the date, and then ask for her phone number as that helps when you are trying to meet up. (for example, you get stuck in traffic and you need to tell her you'll be 15 minutes late, etc....)

Right. I don't give my phone number out to anyone online...

See? There's a bit of a snag regarding trying to get her phone #, especially considering she already resisted once.

See? There's a bit of a snag regarding trying to get her phone #, especially considering she already resisted once.

actually i should've specified--i don't give out my number till we are for sure meeting, and i absolultey won't talk on the phone to a guy that i've been emailing with online. i haaaaate talking on the phone and woudl rather meet in person. should've made thta clear...:splat:

Whenever I encounter resistance in getting a phone number from the 'net, I toss my phone number out and tell them to call me if they're comfortable. That way, it's out there, and I can properly gauge their interest. If they call or e-mail back with their number, I call and keep it going.

If not, well, I know to move on.

I also only give out my cell number. I can get that changed any time I want so it's not a big deal.

Whenever I encounter resistance in getting a phone number from the 'net, I toss my phone number out and tell them to call me if they're comfortable. That way, it's out there, and I can properly gauge their interest. If they call or e-mail back with their number, I call and keep it going.

If not, well, I know to move on.

I also only give out my cell number. I can get that changed any time I want so it's not a big deal.

yeah that's what I did

Archived