Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: My boyfriend and me got into a fight and he punched a hole in the wall :(

What if I pushed him first? Then is it my fault? Sometimes he gets really drunk and starts pacing around the room and spazzing out? What does that mean? I'm sorry if I sound dumb, I'm just trying to understand. Does that mean he hates me and I make him crazy and he's only staying just to stay?

Why was my post moved to abuse and violence? How can I be abused when I started it?

it means he has issues with violence. it does not mean he loves you/does not love you/hates you/does not hate you. it means he's got issues and you're not safe with him.

I'm starting to scare myself, do I sound like those abused women who don't believe they are abused?

Originally Posted by S&C
    I'm starting to scare myself, do I sound like those abused women who don't believe they are abused?
    Yes, you do.

And I moved your post to Abuse and Violence. That is exactly where this post belongs. It is clearly abuse.

But he is a nice guy usually, he never done this before. Well one times I barely kicked the bathroom door open and he punched it and broke that too. Its still broken...he said he would fix it but never did. The reason I feel like this is my fault is because I seem to start all the arguments, he even says that if it wasn't for me we would never fight.

See this is classic abusive behavior though. They always blame someone else for their outbursts. "If you didn't do xxx then I wouldn't have to hit you". That means he has a problem. Arguments in a relationship are normal. Violence is not.

You say he's never done this before, yet you have another example. I'll bet if you look hard at his past you will find more examples of this.

But I'm always argumentative and snappy? Wouldn't that drive anyone crazy? Or is it that since we are so incompatible thats why I'm always angry and snappy? This is so confusing. We used to be so happy together. He has never punched me or anything one time he did smash a hamburger in my face because I told him he got me the wrong one. You are making me think now, but I feel like that was my fault because I might have come accross * * * * * y. I'm not sure it was a long time ago.

Wow you are seriously lucky if he is leaving YOU. Seriously. If he actually does, then you are super lucky. Maybe you might not have to deal with him trying to stick around and call you 200 times a day calling you names like my ex is doing. Get some self-esteem back, I'm slowly going through the process right now after the recent end of my long-term relationship. And he pinned me down in the beginning of the relationship too... and didn't stop. It just got worse. Please just talk to your friends and family and take the advice from people in this forum who have gone THROUGH THIS. You KNOW there are great people out there, people that would treat you WAY better, I know it sucks to think about being with someone else at first, or even being ALONE, but you can do it, and you'll be much happier you aren't going through all of this any more.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Call a woman's shelter and GET OUT!!

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice