LDR Communication Failure

20 One

Greetings all,

I'm currently invested in an LDR and wanted to get some opinions on my current situation. My girlfriend and I will text one another a bajillion times within a couple hours at any given time during the week, but she always 'randomly' disappears for 3+ days with no communication. The last I heard from her this week was Friday afternoon when she said she was going home to nap.

Now, I don't consider myself needy or clingy but something has got to give. She's done this in the past and she had a wonderful excuse of losing her phone, or being extremely busy, etc. However, she logged into our favorite video game around 2am this morning and I'm not sure why a quick "Hello" through text, email, or phone is all that difficult to do.

Maybe I'm missing something. Hopefully you'll all have some sound opinions on the matter!

Cheers!

Indeed. What gets me the most though is the fact that she's also logged into the game we play together. She has time to login and play but not say hello? Beyond the ignorance, its the principle of the matter that is bothering me right now.

Approximately 5 months now. It's a super hot, super cold thing with her it seems. One day she's all lovey dovey talking about our future - the next she's not even there to respond to my calls, texts, or emails. I've never been in a hot/cold situation before with a woman.

Just wanted to give a little update:

She still has not responded to anything since Friday. It's especially worrysome considering we're planning to get together next week. Should I cool the brain and just wait, or should I take some sort of action to try and figure out whats up/wrong/going on?

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

This is strange. I went through the exact same thing! I was had an LDR relationship with a lady who would keep in contact Monday - Thursday and then seem to disappear Friday - Sunday. IT WAS STRANGE and mysterious! I eventually had to break it off! I asked her if there was somebody else, but she said there wasn't I probed her about it, but she never gave a satisfactory answer. I eventually came to the point where I asked myself: "Should I hold or should I fold." After not making any headway with it for months, I finally decided to fold.

Harry Truman said: "Some questions can't be answered, but they can be decided." I think that 'whatever it was' will reveal itself at some point, but for my own sanity I had to get out. Something was 'off'.. God bless and I hope you find an answer to this situation.

Archived