knowing your league?

noneStar

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a man is consistenly only asking out the hottest girl in the bar who tends to have a crowd around her then he might want to ask himself if he is over shooting a bit. Otherwise ask out who you want.

It is only if you consistently are being turned down that you might want to take a look at the type of women you are asking out and then decide if perhaps you are trying to take too many giant leaps forward since the most attractive women obviously haVe the most suitors.

I could tell you that you should never worry about this elusive league but truth is some very average looking guys or not even average won't ask out any woman unless she is the hottest of hot and he has to know he isn't going to get many dates like that.

If you really believe there are leagues and pigeonhole yourself so you only date girls of a similar 'level' then you'll only ever end up with girls like that. If you forget the leagues stuff and start believing anyone could like you back regardless of what they might look like themselves, you'll get a lot farther

I dont think there are "leagues" per say, somtimes you'll see an average looking person with a hot SO. Its in the first impression you make, most of the time, if you come accross as confident and have a good personality...you can be with someone who would otherwise be considered "way out of your league"...its possible.

And other times, this may not be the case...just dont go in thinking of this league business!

I dont think there are "leagues" per say, somtimes you'll see an average looking person with a hot SO. Its in the first impression you make, most of the time, if you come accross as confident and have a good personality...you can be with someone who would otherwise be considered "way out of your league"...its possible.

And other times, this may not be the case...just dont go in thinking of this league business!

To add, most likely in that situation, the guy didn't just come up to her in a bar. I think leagues are more prominent in the cold approac, as PUA people call it.

Your best bet always is to ask a girl out that you aren't really friends with but have talked to a few times and shown your personality to. At least, I am far more attracted to guys I know.

If you really believe there are leagues and pigeonhole yourself so you only date girls of a similar 'level' then you'll only ever end up with girls like that. If you forget the leagues stuff and start believing anyone could like you back regardless of what they might look like themselves, you'll get a lot farther

Sorry but I find this post so offensive on so many levels.

League? No such thing. Utter nonsense. Don't surcum to peer pressure and what not. You CREATE you're own league!

You are you. Be selfish! Do what is best for you!! Create your future - don't let anyone else influence you for the worse.

Why? If you put yourself into a 'league' and believe you can't date out of it then you probably never will. If you go out there with the idea that everyone is on the same level then you aren't limiting yourself

What's offensive about that?

How? It's not sexist IMO. He's just saying that if you drag yourself down with peer pressure and the silly idea of leagues you'll never get anywhere in life

If you're gettiing rejected by most or all of the girls you're asking out, they are out of your league. If you get some yes'es, you're in their league. If you get yes'es all the time or most of time, you might be out of their league, iether that or you're just really good at knowing when they will say yes.

I think SY's post says it best. Saves you having to judge your own appearance too. Though it'll hurt with the rejections.

To deny League's exist (as some sort of ideal-word, self-ego booster) is just bad. Realistically they do exist.

I think SY's post says it best. Saves you having to judge your own appearance too. Though it'll hurt with the rejections.

To deny League's exist (as some sort of ideal-word, self-ego booster) is just bad. Realistically they do exist.

I think they exist if you want them to exist.

I know too many people who just don't "obey" them. Myself included. I date guys I like. Never settle for guys I don't like.

To add, most likely in that situation, the guy didn't just come up to her in a bar. I think leagues are more prominent in the cold approac, as PUA people call it.

Your best bet always is to ask a girl out that you aren't really friends with but have talked to a few times and shown your personality to. At least, I am far more attracted to guys I know.

I completely agree with this. To me, dating with a view to having a relationship makes infinitely more sense if you at least some proper understanding of the person you're approaching, based on your previous interactions with them. I don't know how what proportion of cold approaches or blind dates lead to long-term relationships (as opposed to short-term hookups), but it can't be very high.

I find it really insulting to all those women "in his league" to make a man feel as if he's some sort of victim for having settled for those hags. This whole discussion is just so narrow minded and offensive.

It works both ways. It's not just about "getting further" or "scoring higher". Sometimes you'll meet someone special who you have this intense, unexplainable attraction to, and you're afraid to let your friends see for fear that they'll laugh at you.

The bottom line is that humans are so much more interesting and beautiful than can be captured in Hot or Not. I truly feel sorry for anyone who can't see that.

I find it really insulting to all those women "in his league" to make a man feel as if he's some sort of victim for having settled for those hags. This whole discussion is just so narrow minded and offensive.

Except half the people in this discussion are saying that it's better to stop thinking that leagues exist and just go for people you're attracted to, whether you think you're on the same 'level' or not?

I'm sorry if you misunderstood my post - I wasn't saying men should stop bothering with women who aren't stunning because they can do better. I was saying men should stop believing they can't aim for women they perceive as more attractive as them.

It works both ways. It's not just about "getting further" or "scoring higher". Sometimes you'll meet someone special who you have this intense, unexplainable attraction to, and you're afraid to let your friends see for fear that they'll laugh at you.

The bottom line is that humans are so much more interesting and beautiful than can be captured in Hot or Not. I truly feel sorry for anyone who can't see that.

He didn't mean to offend you. I apologise on his behalf. I agreed with him. I had no harmful intentions. I respect women very very much

I don't really believe in leagues. I have told some gfs that they're "way out of my league" and asked why they were with me. But I've gone out with women who are VERY attractive, but they may not be the nicest person.

Lesson: Pesonality, Personality, Personality.

And Oral Hygiene

Archived