LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do the Dumpers ever regret breaking up with their bf/gf

Silver Member
    How long were you in your relationship for?

Hey,

Your situation is very similar to mind. If you don't mind, I am very interested to know what was the outcome. Did you guys manage to get back together? Can you update your story please?

very interested to know what is the outcome. Did you guys manage to get back together?

I'm in the exact same boat with my situation - the regret is literally eating me alive though. Hindsight is always 20/20, and I just wish there was so much more that I did to make things work.

Platinum Member
    I dumped the best girl I've ever met four years ago because I was selfish and depressed. She moved on, and rightly so. Everything since then has been trying to climb out of that hole.

The only guy I may regret breaking up with was one in highschool. I didn't really feel the chemistry at the time. Years later he contacted me, and after being in several horrible relationships I realized that this guy had treated me the best, and he got cuter! I wish I could have gotten back with him. I tried talking to him on Facebook and maybe flirt with him a little to try and get him back, but some other girl chased after him and before I could make a move he is now with another girl and has been with her for 2 years or so now. And so I continued dating and moving on, only to date a really horrible abusive man.
    So now I am kicking myself for letting such a great man go.

I regret not investing enough on one specific relationship. It was a rebound and I wasn't looking for something but I was attracted to him. I was not commiting properly, he got fed up eventually and lost interest. We went out for almost 18 months. I don't blame him, he had only hang aroung cos he had no relationship experience. But it was ironic..he started losing interest when I started having more interest. He's one of those guys that raised the bar and I have nothing bad to say about him. I am happy he's happy with someone else because he deserves it, I would still get bored with him long term because I didn't find him funny enough but truly great person.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by ChrisMac
    I dumped the best girl I've ever met four years ago because I was selfish and depressed. She moved on, and rightly so. Everything since then has been trying to climb out of that hole.
    I hope that my ex who dumped me a month ago for the same reasons will one day look back and feel this way. But I love him, and wish that he will realize it sooner than later, so we can work on things and be the great couple we used to be.

----

More on topic though, I did have an ex who broke up with me, and then made a fool out of himself begging me back after he found out that he no longer was my universe. He was always so complacent. He treated me horribly and would never admit to his faults even when I tried to talk to him about it. I was so patient and loving, but slowly I got fed up to the point that I started liking someone else. I even told him about it in hopes that he would be scared and try to treat me better, but he just scoffed and said that the guy I liked was ugly anyway (not true!). I ended up kissing that guy while drunk and when I told my ex, he broke up with me. I pleaded, of course, that I would make it up to him, etc. But he was adamant that I just leave and go find someone else. I did. And then a few weeks later, he was demanding for me to choose between him and the new guy I was seeing. I begged for him not to do that, but he wouldn't listen, so I chose the new guy. A few hours later, he was calling me on the phone begging for forgiveness. It went on for a few more months, but his 'good' behavior towards me only turned me off because it reminded me how badly he treated me when he knew he still had me. Long story short, he remains bitter to this day, though he's with someone else now. And I feel vindicated because at least I know in the end he paid dearly for all the pain he put me through.

Bronze Member
    I can't say that I regret breaking up with her. It was a very toxic relationship. Issues from the past pretty much ruined our future in every way. Sometimes you just have to think with your head and not with your heart. We both haven't heard a single word from each other since the BU almost 4 months ago, a good thing.

Platinum Member
    I hope that my ex who dumped me a month ago for the same reasons will one day look back and feel this way. But I love him, and wish that he will realize it sooner than later, so we can work on things and be the great couple we used to be.
    Funny thing is that after I broke up with my prior ex (in July), which I did for a large part because we were in an LDR, she lingered for 4-5 months also seemingly hoping we would fix it. She even begged me to come visit her one last time over Christmas. I made some lame excuse. That was about when she'd had enough, and two months later she was dating someone new and stopped instantly responding to my calls or emails. It wasn't until then and the time afterward that I really realised what I'd lost. It took 100% not having it available anymore for me to have to face it. We each probably have to do the same, which is why whether you want to heal or secretly get them back, NC is the only way to go.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice