Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medical Marijuana? Central Core Disease Update

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Sami Sue

My husband and I seldom drink, and don't use drugs. We have clear goals of how we want to raise our children. Even if the employer situation could be dealt with, I don't know how I would want to handle this with the kids. Any ideas there?
    My aunt used medicinal marijuana when she was going through chemo for breast cancer. At the time, my cousins were pre-teens. Basically they sat down as a family and talked about it- told the kids that although some people in the government thought it was wrong, and there was a law against it, a lot of doctors thought it was the best way to manage her pain and nausea and to make sure she had an appetite, so she didn't lose too much weight, etc.

They stressed that with a lot of drugs, there are people using them for valid medical reasons, and there are people using them just to get high. The kids, from what my aunt has said, were very laid back, it was no big deal to them.

My aunt discontinued her use once she was done with chemo.

I have to say, though, that there are a LOT of red flags in your situation, though. The fact that your husband won't discuss the impact this may have on his job. The fact that his family has a history of addiction. The fact that he talks about how "happy" vicodin & marijuana will make him.

I think I would also be worried if I were you. I would not even begin to be OK with this if I were you, until I could sit down w/ my husband and have a reasonable talk about the impact on work, family, etc. Him being "yay, pot!" wold not be enough for me.

Hey there, it's been a few years since this thread started, but I wondered how this is all going. I have CCD and I've never heard of medical marijuana as a treatment for it. It seems like something else is going on for this family because CCD does not cause pain that requires medication to my knowledge. The only pain I experience is like the pain you get when you push your strength to a limit, but I get it from doing something like going up 3 stairs when I'm out of practice. That is what a mild case is like. CCD causes muscle weakness that can sometimes be severe enough to make breathing difficult, especially for infants, and possibly make a person wheel-chair bound. It can also be associated with other problems like scoliosis. If he has that it might be a different matter. It's very weird to me that a doctor would prescribe pain medications for a "mild" case of CCD.

That said, I was wondering if there was anyone else out there on enotalone who have this disease. It is embarrassing more than anything because I appear normal most of the time and then inadvertently reveal that I can't pick myself up off the floor without struggling or run at all. It's also frustrating because I literally cannot carry a bag of groceries up a stair without pulling myself by the railing, and similar daily tasks are dreadful and slow. People get confused and stare, even after I tell them it's a disease. When I was a kid I was teased for being unable to run in gym class and ridiculed by the teacher because she believed I wasn't trying. I am afraid that if I have children, they'll have a severe condition like breathing difficulty instead of being lucky like I was. I'm also afraid that I wouldn't be able to physically handle a child. It'd be nice to hear how other people deal with this because it's weird to both feel like it isn't anything terrible but at the same time I have so much anxiety around it that very few people understand.

Hate it when people say marijuana is addictive.

Their is no way your parents were serious addicts to it.

Marijuana is NOT addictive.

It can be mentally addictive, so it depends on the person. But marijuana is not chemically addictive. If you have any self control you most likely won't get mentally addicted.

CBD oil

Originally Posted by Sami Sue
    I wouldn't say I've already made up my mind. I am trying to figure out what is right for our whole family and help my husband. I have some concerns, for sure - I was hoping someone might have something to offer in terms of those concerns. Has anyone used legal medical marijuana before? Handled it with children? Employers? I definitely lean toward one side on the issue, I admitted that straight away. I am really looking for some solid guidance.

My husband and I seldom drink, and don't use drugs. We have clear goals of how we want to raise our children. Even if the employer situation could be dealt with, I don't know how I would want to handle this with the kids. Any ideas there?
    Sami Sue, have you researched CBD oil? It is cannabis related, but has no hallucinogen in it and does not show up in your blood stream - It doesn't have to be smoked and it won't show up in a drug test of any kind - It is also legal in all 50 states and can be taken orally - It destroys seizures in epileptic children and is 100% safe - Check it out - I'm sure it will help and it can't hurt!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice