Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2007 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Thread continued from here

Hello everyone at eNotAlone,

I suddenly had a great idea...( scary huh? )

Let's start the SuperDave 71 NO CONTACT CHALLENGE...

Here are the rules:

1. When you accept this challenge, post here and your time/date stamp will be recorded for accuracy.

2. No Contact will be initiated for ONE MONTH from the date that you post. This mean NO CONTACT WHATSOEVER...and I mean NONE. (Including going to picture sites and myspace/or like sites)

3. If you work with your ex, you can still accept the challenge. You cannot do ANYTHING to contact your ex UNLESS it is work related ONLY.

4. If you accept this challange, I would like a post everyday on how you are feeling and what you are doing to pass the time. I am hoping by doing this, others will read and try to help themselves is they have a moment of weakness.

**Remember**

No Contact is for you

5. If you have contact with your ex BY YOUR DOING..YOU MUST POST WHY YOU DID IT AND HOW YOU FEEL RIGHT AFTER. No exceptions.

6. If your ex contacts you, UNLESS IT IS AN EMERGENCY, or there are children involved, you cannot respond. PERIOD. If you do, see rule 5.

7. If an ex comes over or tries to see you physically, this DOES NOT COUNT AGAINST YOU, BUT you MUST POST.

8. After the month of No Contact has past, you must reread all of yoru daily threads and write a conclusion based on what you felt when you started and how you feel 30 days later.

9. When you post daily, please put what day number you are on of the 30 day challenge so that other members can see how you are doing.

[B][U]NEW RULE

SuperDave71 has permission to duct tape any breaker of NC to a chair and throw broken twinkies at your head. <--- I like this new rule. HA HA

If ANYONE out there can come up with more rules, PLEASE PM me so I can update them. I will be happy to listen.

I would like for this to happen because I want other to read the progression involved in the NO CONTACT process.

If you do NOT feel you are up to the challange, ...wait until you are.

I wish you all the best....and GOOD LUCK.

If you accept my challenge, you will be very surprised at the end result.

Your friend,

SuperDave71
    Last edited by kamurj; 03-28-2009 at 01:52 AM.

Will you sticky this one in this forum, please?

Bronze Member
    Day 1

I accept the challenge! I already know what it feel like to break NC...u end up feeling like * * * * . Even when its the dumper initiating contact...I feel like * * * * after when I respond. I realize there is no point in being in contact. He has changed. He is not the guy I remember. He is not the guy I fell for. I have so many bad memories of him now after we broke up. I can not even remember the good times anymore! I dont even know why I still feel hurt. I cant remember the good in him anymore. I guess I am going through the hate stage? We have been broken up almost 2 years. I know I know...bad for still being hurt over someone. However, I did not cut contact off...mainly bc he kept contacting me at first all the time and it was like we were still together and it took about 1.5 years for him to finally back off...so its almost like im hurting and its starting all over as a break up bc finally he has stopped contacting me etc. Anyways this is a lesson for everyone who r freshly broken up.

CUT OFF contact. Or u will be like me 2 years later...still hurting. Its the thing I regret the most. I wish I cut contact right away. At least then we would both be hurting...instead of now its only me. When u stay in contact with the Ex...you only ease their pain....make it EASIER for them to get over u. U r holding their hand through the break up...while we are in pain and hurting. If we cut them off...they feel a bit of pain...you dont want to make things easier for someone who broke ur heart and walk through hell? CUT THEM OFF!!!!!!!!!!

Day 1

I'm so weak when it comes to NC. It is time to hold myself accountable. I have my story posted in another thread. 2 days ago my ex msg'd me on MSN saying that she was dating someone new and asked if I wanted to talk about it. I acted on my emotions at the time and immediately blocked her from facebook and msn. What a stupid thing to do.. it basically showed her that I was affected by it. I woke up this morning and thought it would be a bright idea to email her saying that I had made a mistake and wanted to talk to her about it. I sent her a friend request on facebook hoping she would readd me. I also thought it would be a bright idea to call her at work and leave a message on her machine saying I was happy for her and asking her to call me back. Seriously, * * * is wrong with me? I went out with a friend tonight and I noticed that I kept checking my phone to see if she had called and I keep checking my email constantly hoping for some contact. Its quite pathetic and I'm sick of it. If shes dating someone else then thats that. Why do I keep showing weakness by making a decision and then changing my mind and come groveling back to her. This has happened more than once and it really puts her in a position of control.

Looking back on this breakup, I made it so easy for her.. like the poster above me said, I basically held her hand through the breakup.. I was there for her as a friend while she moved on and slowly got over me... now she is dating and I'm stuck in the past. ITS TIME TO MOVE ON!!

ONE MONTH OF NC HERE I COME!!!

EDIT: I caught myself subconciously cheating and keeping her unblocked from msn in hopes that she would contact me. I just blocked her again.. its not coming off this time.
    Last edited by IBelieve; 03-28-2009 at 03:37 AM.

Day 4

........trying hard to not open his fb and email.
    I know i can do this, i have control of my own myself!

Originally Posted by eva76
    Day 4

........trying hard to not open his fb and email.
    I know i can do this, i have control of my own myself!
    I'm on Day 2 (broke NC on Day 4 earlier this week because he emailed me)

story here:

Tell you what... why don't you block him on FB. That's what I did. And when he found out he emailed me to say it made him "pretty sad" that i "hated him". I broke NC at that point, hours later after asking people in this forum, to reply and tell him I didn't do it because I hated him.

So, now I'm on Day 2.

Good luck everyone!!!

Day 6

I saw him last night since a mutual friend celebrated his birthday.

I didn't talk to him at all, I guess we just pretended not to know each other.

I still find it extremely awkward and I'm unsure how to act around him.

Day 14

I am taking control, this is my life and I have neglected myself for far too long, I dont need anyone but myself, It is not the situation that harms you, it is your judment about it, take away the thought of injury and the injury is gone, view the last months or years with your ex as though it was all just a very long dream and that you are now just waking up from.

Gold Member
    Thanks, everyone for the memories. I did 37 days of NC and now I'm back into contact with my ex. A couple of days ago she was happy with being broken up. She says she's working on herself. Then yesterday, she says she was happier together when we had our great times and is not opposed to getting back together if some of the problems have been rectified and she can fall back in love with me.

I'm starting fresh with my ex. I'm treating her as if we never even dated before. We're at the talking stage right now and it feels exactly how it did before we got together. She calls me more often and sends me texts. She's thinking about me which is a step up from last month.

Whether reconciliation will be successful or not is a matter for the future to decide. All I can say is that I'd have 0 shot with my ex if I didn't go NC. NC made her miss me alot and it helped get me emotionally grounded to where I'm "back to being" me and that make her "sooooo hot." haha

Good luck, my friends. I'll be around on the GBT forum, but posting less in this thread as I'm not a part of the challenge anymore!

[QUOTE=ScorpiGal83;3261894]I'm on Day 2 (broke NC on Day 4 earlier this week because he emailed me)

story here:

Tell you what... why don't you block him on FB. That's what I did. And when he found out he emailed me to say it made him "pretty sad" that i "hated him". I broke NC at that point, hours later after asking people in this forum, to reply and tell him I didn't do it because I hated him.

So, now I'm on Day 2.

Good luck everyone!!!

Is that something you'd wholly recommend doing? I use Bebo, and of course that means I'm susceptible to any updates she makes without even viewing her profile. It sucks.

Day 8

Starting the second week for the second time. Determined to make it through this time round!

P.S That sounds really hopeful JohnGalt, I'm happy for you and hope you're happy with whatever outcome you two come to! Best of luck.

Page 1 of 2007 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice