LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 2008 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Platinum Member
    don't even know the day anymore....doesn't matter. i'm with you friendorfoe...just another day.

NC since last week but NC INCLUDING not looking at his stupid facebook starts today..

Day 5

Was thinking about all the little things I missed and naturally, it didn't help at all.

But yeah... just slowly trundling along here.....

Originally Posted by JohnGalt
    Whether reconciliation will be successful or not is a matter for the future to decide. All I can say is that I'd have 0 shot with my ex if I didn't go NC. NC made her miss me alot and it helped get me emotionally grounded to where I'm "back to being" me and that make her "sooooo hot." haha

Good luck, my friends. I'll be around on the GBT forum, but posting less in this thread as I'm not a part of the challenge anymore!
    Well done, John!

Day 3

The hardest part for me right now is knowing that she is ignoring me too. It feels like I am not in control of this NC.

Things that keep running through my mind:

- My best friend immediately stepped in for her after our breakup..asking her to go places, keeping her company. He chose to be there for her and not for me.
    - Going off the last point..I feel that I can't trust my friends anymore. I know its not right to lump everyone into one group but I find myself looking for underlying motives in everything people do or say.. coworkers and friends alike.
    - My ex is dating my 'best friend's' good friend from another city now. They met recently when my 'best friend' took her there without inviting or telling me. Another reason why I hold such a massive and probably irreversible grudge against him.

I also have this little theory going.. my 'best friend' knows I'm in pain right now.. and I've asked him to hang out many times but he never seems to have time.. always making excuses. Well my ex is going on vacation soon and I bet that once she is gone and he has no one to hang out with, he will call me up and miraculously have free time. I want to tell him off.. I want to call him up and tell him what a !@$!@$ he is. I won't do it though.. gotta exercise some constraint and not let my emotions turn me into the bad guy.

I still haven't tried to initiate contact with my ex since my attempt last friday which made me look desperate. My 'best friend' called me up yesterday to see how I was doing (i picked it up without looking at the caller id).. Haha, yeah right. Normally I would actually have a convo with him but this time I kept it nice and short with no real details. What a jerk.

I have this small hope still that my ex will call me up or something. I don't want her to.. I know its bad for me. Being so early in my NC mission is really hard and sucks.. the days seem long

DAY 1
    Broke up with him, of a 3.5 month relationship, almost 6 wks ago, cause he never treated me like he loved me, especially like a dumb piece of meat infront of his friends. Agreed to seeing him 2 wks after break up, ended up asking him to take me back because i had been relient on him for my feelings and selfworth, he said no wants to remain friends and maintain his single life. 4 wks since then ive talked to him once cuz i feel like its the only way to get over him, and dont slip up again and am weakening to talk to him again.
    This is just what i need to get me back on course.
    The hardest part about breaking up with my first serious love is that im currently in the middle of year 12 exams and im meant to be focusing on study, but it feels almost impossible.
    I want him out of my head, but i cant stop replaying memories of us, wondering what he's doing, if hes thinking about me etc.
    I cant distract myself with friends because their trying to study too atm.
    Its so hard, I usually would text him to make myself feel better, but i know i cant. Its over. And hes no longer on my side anymore to hold my hand, i have to fight this and face the pain alone.
    I know i can do better then him, hes not worth my tears or pain, but secretly my heart wants him back.
    Im trying to treat this break up as a learning curve. That i dont need men to make me happy, or feel beautiful, i alone am responsible for my happiness. I almost believe this, but i still have those moments of weakness when i want to denye everything he did to me, and get him back, or talk to him like nothing ever happened.
    This has been the longest most unhappiest, hardest period of my life, but i feel like if i hadnt of experienced it i wouldnt have learnt to look for my own light, and not relay on the light of others to fullfill me. I wouldnt have learnt that yes he made me feel good, but he also treated me bad, and i can do better then that, i can have standards.
    I think i miss being loved the most, maybe i was only ever in love with the concept of a boyfriend, and thats why i put up with him.
    I guess sometimes its better to leave a glass relationship in pieces, rather then hurting yourself, trying to put the pieces back together.
    I just want to tell him i still love him, and hear him say i love you too...but i know that i can never do that again. Our love is meant to be dead...forever.
    I wonder what the future holds for us...friends?

I havent spoken my ex in weeks but in the early hours of saturday morning I got a phone call from her basically saying she was at her friends house (who lives at the end of my street), she and one of her friends had walked another friend home and got locked out. She asked me if they could stay at my house, not wanting two ladies to be wandering the night alone, I agreed. Still not sure if it was a wise move... Really the nasty person inside me wanted to tell her where to go but the compassionate side of me speaks louder! so they ended up staying in my spare room. When they turned up her friend went straight to bed and me and my ex were stood in the kitchen, there was a weird moment where she just stood there looking at me... then looking at the floor, then looking at me again like she wanted to say or do something... then after 60 seconds or so of her looking sheepishly at me she said 'Night then', to which i responded the 'Night' then she paused, held a stare at me and then started walking upstairs, paused again and then carried on walking. I woke up in the morning to a note on the kitchen table just saying 'thanks for letting us stay x'. Havent spoken to her since. Im confused, it was a strange, awkward moment not sure if i've put it accross properly but.... does that sound strange? or am i reading something into nothing because i want there to be something?

Day 2

Things are running smooth for the moment. I'm just thinking about how unhappy I was with my marriage and all of the people I told I was unhappy telling them that it won't last much longer. I guess the affection is something I miss and is truly what I'm trying to get over. It's cool to have someone to cuddle with. Lovemaking is pretty nice too, lol!

There's an urge inside me to pop over and talk to her, but she' just gonna get off on thinking I'm trying to crawl back to her. I know she's at home watching TV and going to her job miserable in this city she hates so much.

I'm staying out of sight. I deleted her from my myspace. I deleted all of my comments to her. I even deleted my facebook. I blocked her email too. I'm not even going to look at a picture of her. I don't even want her seeing me!

I'm going out today to get a notebook to start my final journal. Hopefully it gets warm enough to jog!

[QUOTE=IBelieve;3271023]
    I have this small hope still that my ex will call me up or something. I don't want her to.. I know its bad for me. Being so early in my NC mission is really hard and sucks.. the days seem long

I'm in a similar situation. I'm actually hoping deep down that she is gonna text me or something, but in the end it won't do any good, so I leave my phone off now. I deleted her number too. The days do seem long, but you just have to fight your way through them with a hobby, chillin with friends, and of course making new ones!

Hang in there!

DAY 13

hoping one day a morning will come where i wake up and not feel pain from my past but happiness for the present and hope for the future.

Page 6 of 2008 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice