LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 2006 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Originally Posted by LemonCheesecak
    Is that something you'd wholly recommend doing? I use Bebo, and of course that means I'm susceptible to any updates she makes without even viewing her profile. It sucks.
    Yes, I wholly recommend it it helps a LOT when you aren't jolted when you login, by their status updates or new photos they've uploaded.

Originally Posted by LemonCheesecak
    I am however considering blocking her on Bebo so I don't have to go through that pain again. I dunno though, its silly but its a BIG step for me. And if I did, I think I'd have to tell her why I was doing it, I don't want to hurt her at all. She's still very special to me.
    BLOCK HER. It helps!

This is awesome. Congratulations!! Best of luck

It is now Day 3. Last night I was looking through old photos of him and of us that are stored on my mobile phone, and i didn't even feel like crying. Just a lil sad and wistful, but I laughed at the funny ones, and smiled at the sweet ones.. and that was it.

WHEN is the flood of tears supposed to start? Cuz i know deep down I miss him and still love him.

This No Contact challenge has helped me with one of the most difficult things I've ever done in my life. Years ago I came accross this forum and, after a few tries of instituting NC (believe me, it IS HARD), successfully recovered from a soul crushing heartache.

I'm back here again, after another breakup that I did not initiate. I've gained so much from the first experience and I'm so thankful for all the strangers with kind words to help along the way.

Day 3 of NC this time. I'm exhausted but cannot sleep. I keep on thinking about him and the promises he made. He even used the word "forever". Ha. I feel betrayed and let down. When he did the break up, he even mentioned logistics of returning things to each other. I said just send it through the mail. 3 days of silence. I will box all this crap and send them on their merry way. There is no need for contact, for ANYTHING.

Originally Posted by ScorpiGal83
    It is now Day 3. Last night I was looking through old photos of him and of us that are stored on my mobile phone, and i didn't even feel like crying. Just a lil sad and wistful, but I laughed at the funny ones, and smiled at the sweet ones.. and that was it.

WHEN is the flood of tears supposed to start? Cuz i know deep down I miss him and still love him.
    It likes to jump out and surprise you right when you think you're making improvement. But it's not a bad thing, its good to get it all out of your system. Even though I still miss her just as much as I did then, if not more, not a tear has been shed since

Day 9

Working up the courage to do the aforementioned block. It really shows how dependent on these social networking platforms society have become when its such a BIG thing for me to block her on it!

Also feel slightly unwell. Partied a bit too hard last night

It is DONE, complete with a brief text to explain why. It's still Day 9, I'm not expecting a reply.
    Last edited by LemonCheesecak; 03-29-2009 at 10:17 AM.

Day 7 - Ex's sister and dad came to my work. It was really awkward, but they talked to me and were really nice. I miss them I came home last night and bumped into my favorite picture of my ex. Shed like, 3? tears and left it at that. I've got a date tonight, so I'm moving forward. Go me?

Day 1 (ARRRRGH)

Ok so that text initiated a full scale conversation. But I feel good. Not that I would recommend breaking NC to anyone here, I've had experience with it making me feel horrible.
    But it was nice to hear from her and be there to offer a bit of reassurance on her uni worries etc. We threw a few texts back and forth, kept it light and jokey and it was pretty good. I said it would be nice to catch up soon, and she agreed we should meet up over a cup of tea or something. I'd like to follow through on that. Not today, maybe not this week, but sometime soon.

Gold Member
    Day 33 for me after my many emails since out 2 year breakup started in Sept last year ...her final kick to me was 33 days ago when I was having 2nd thoughts of trying again and then she tells me she and her new boyfriend of 5 months had a great time in costa rica and he asked her to marry him "so life is good" and furthermore that during our time together she never really loved me nor was attracted to me and she is "so sorry" for leading me on and hopes I " find the happiness I deserve" (see my earlier "ouch" thread for details of her email replies in full if interested) ...so my biggest challenge: controlling my rage when I ruminate and thus not emailing her a really hurtful and angry letter (referring to her ex hubby on why I agree with the reason that he had an affair on her etc etc)...yes I am seeing a therapist ..reading some helpful books (among many) ie. 'the journey from healing to abandonment' and 'dare to forgive' 'rebuilding' and 'the mindful way through depression' plus doing meditation yoga journalling losing weight and now over 5 months have had no drinking at all...trying to make new friends and face down my many dragons ...trying to be happy for her vs wanting to rip her head off knowing I would just hurt myself too. ...ultimately I do care about her...but am praying a lot to god to help me close the door to heal and for now just focus on me...maybe down the road we can become friends but not right now.
    Last edited by canali; 03-29-2009 at 03:06 PM.

will no contact work for me prob is i am just to weak to do it i am all over the place if anyone can help with advice on my situation please

Day 13

Who cares.......

Page 3 of 2006 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice