Getting back together really does happen!

Adding another one. I've had almost every single ex come back to me - some took weeks/months, some took years. I was usually the dumpee except in one case (and in that one, I tried to get him back).

This was an ex ex that left me for another girl last summer. I deleted him off everything and I was SO hurt (especially since I had just booked a flight to go see him). He got into an official relationship with this girl a week after we broke up. I cried a lot, especially when I learned they went on a trip together. I couldnt cancel my flight so I went on my trip to his country and hung out with my friends and had a blast. I started dating casually again when I got back home, and going out more. 2-3 months of complete NC later, he tries adding me back on social media. I saw he was still with his gf, so I ignored it. He would message me sporadically still (New Years, my birthday in March, etc) but I politely cut him off each time. Two weeks ago he broke up with the girl he left me for and has started messaging me incessantly (2-3 times a week), even sending me pics of himself with things he thinks I would like.

I'm not interested in reconciling with him at all and have cut him off yet again. Didn't feel good to see him come crawling back like I thought it would last year.

Another story - a coworker of mine met her ex back in 2011 and they dated for 2 months before he broke it off (couldn't handle the financials of having a gf? something of that sort). She went NC and moved on - went on a trip, worked on her degree. A few months later, he starts coming back and they end up getting back together 6 months after the breakup. They just moved in together now after 5 years of dating.

My roommate in university met someone in 2013 and they dated for 6 months before breaking up (he thought it was too serious, wasn't ready to commit). I think they were apart for maybe 3 weeks (no NC). They got back together after that 3 weeks and got married last September.

Another co-worker who no longer works with my company came by to visit last week. He had been living with his girlfriend for a little less than 2 years and they broke up last October. I think they deleted each other off everything and she moved out. As of last month, they've started going out on tentative dates again.

Interesting stories. My most recent ex however...NC 3 weeks since the break up now and I miss him but I'm determined to move on. He is cyber stalking me, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm content with the fact that I treated him respectfully and well while we were together.

Ah young love (gag)

My friend (currently 31) has been dating this girl for 6 months. I asked them how they met because I really like her, and he told me that they actually dated 5 years ago. He said they were in a relationship for a year and the relationship ended. He admitted it was mostly his fault as he was really immature and not ready for a serious relationship. I asked how they reconciled. He said they met up very infrequently over the past 5 years, just to catch up. He said it was very infrequent like once a year and then last year he asked her out again as they were both different people and much more mature. She's great and he seems really happy. Looks like adequate time apart and some growing up is all they needed to make it work.

I have read this entire thread over the past few weeks and it has really helped me! If you would be willing to read my story and give me your opinion I'd really apprecaite it (not sure how to post a link - in the getting back together section title 'Ex Immediately in a New Relationship...Advice')

To keep on topic I have a couple of stories!

1. A friend of mine dated this guy in college for I think about 2 years. She ended up getting a summer placement one summer and met someone else and broke up with him for this new guy. They were broken up for 3 months (I don't know if NC or not) and she came back and said she made a mistake. They are getting married in the next couple of months.

2. My aunt dated this guy in college but was concerned that it was too serious so she broke up with him. They met again in a bar a year later and have been married for something like 20 years with 3 kids.

3. My other aunt dated this guy in college as I well. I don't know who broke up with who but they broke up when they graduated. She moved back to the city a few years later and it ended up that one of the apartments she looked at to move into he was moving out of. They also ended up getting married

4. My great-aunt was married to this guy and divorced about 25ish years ago. They met again last year and have now remarried.

If I could have some advice that would be great...I was with my gf for 1.5 years before we moved in together..but before this we were work friends for 5 years prior. Wanted ( and still do..a life with her) and we moved in together last July. I have two children who came out as transgendered in july& august, the father of her child also came back into the picture and she was supervising visits as he had some mental health/substance abuse issues and was getting his life back together..and my youngest ( 10) had a hard time with the blending as my gf and her son were the first people we had ever moved in ( I had dated long term but I loved this woman and wanted a life with her). Long story short I couldnt deal with the stress and asked her to move out end of December... she was heartbroken and started seeing someone shortly after. We still talk sometimes ( we work in the same building and told me she doesnt have the same spark with her new guy as she does with me) My question is...how do people deal with it all...and since it was circumstance and me not sharing my feelings and ending it..does this increase the chance of a reconciliation one day? Its all very difficult..

I think it depends largely on why the original breakup occurred. If it was infidelity, even if you can find it in yourself to forgive (truly forgive), then damaged trust has to be rebuilt over time, and the perpetrator has to take the lead role. If that doesn't happen or starts and the wavers, BAIL. That person hasn't accepted full responsibility and will do it again.

Likewise if the breakup happened because of too many arguments, and the *root* causes aren't addressed, then it's just a "comfort" reconciliation and won't last.

Sorry to dampen the mood, but notwithstanding my handle, in my experience they don't work.

Not exactly a success story, but a getting back together story nevertheless.

I was with my first boyfriend for about a year and a half and we broke up, it was messy, I begged him to stay, I didn't want to break up at all, even though it was a toxic relationship, but being my first I didn't realise. One month goes by, I'm feeling so much better, not really wanting to be back with him, we haven't spoken in 3 weeks, we meet at a friend's birthday party. My ex messages me the next day saying how he wants to talk, I agree, we meet up and he's begging me to be with him and how he's seen the error of his ways and he made a huge mistake in dumping me. I believe him, we get back together, I feel in control and not as in love as I was before, little did I know it wouldn't last long. Fast forward some more time, nothing's actually changed, relationship is still as toxic as it was before, no one has changed at all, and now we are doing LDR as well. I broke up with him, cut off contact after about a month, took 2 months to heal, never looked back afterwards.

They do come back, in my experience when you've healed and when you least need them to.

I think it depends largely on why the original breakup occurred. If it was infidelity, even if you can find it in yourself to forgive (truly forgive), then damaged trust has to be rebuilt over time, and the perpetrator has to take the lead role. If that doesn't happen or starts and the wavers, BAIL. That person hasn't accepted full responsibility and will do it again.

Likewise if the breakup happened because of too many arguments, and the *root* causes aren't addressed, then it's just a "comfort" reconciliation and won't last.

Sorry to dampen the mood, but notwithstanding my handle, in my experience they don't work.

Thanks for the reply. No cheating on anyone's part. Still lots of trust there...and no arguing. I just couldn't handle the stress of everything coming at once...my children transitioning, divorcee guilt over sharing time with my children and my new bigger family....but I have learned a lot about myself and won't make the same mistakes twice ( new ones maybe...but not the same mistakes) .

Thanks for the reply. No cheating on anyone's part. Still lots of trust there...and no arguing. I just couldn't handle the stress of everything coming at once...my children transitioning, divorcee guilt over sharing time with my children and my new bigger family....but I have learned a lot about myself and won't make the same mistakes twice ( new ones maybe...but not the same mistakes) .

I think you'd be better received and get more help if you started your own thread. This one is particularly for successful getting back together stories.

Hey. This is actually my first post here. I remember reading this thread over and over again, trying to cling on to what little hope I had left. I promised myself I'd come back and write my story if my ex returned someday. Which didn't happen. And I don't really care anymore but seeing how much hope and happiness it brought to people I decided to share a few of my and other people's stories.

Also English isn't my first language so I apologize in advance.

So... I've had 3 'actual' relationships in total and in all of them I was the dumper and always came back. Let's go.

1. I dated this guy for about 6 months in high school. He was completely in love with me and I just didn't feel it. I loved him - we were great friends prior to us dating - but I wasn't 'in love' with him. I broke up with him before graduation so I could have my fun in college. So fast forward 1,5 years. I had my fun and decided to try something a little more serious. I thought I was ready for a real relationship. So on Valentines Day I called my highschool ex to see what he was up to. We agreed to meet up that weekend and dated for another 3 months. We were in lc for those 1.5 years.

2. So I dated ex #2 for about 4-5 months. We were good together but I got a sense that he wasn't ready for a relationship. I liked him a lot but I wasn't getting what I wanted from a relationship. So I broke up with him. I didn't think we would ever date again. After a year of limited contact, I one day called him after hearing a song that reminded me of him. We met up, decided to get back together but decided we still weren't right for each other and broke up again a few weeks later. The end. Oh. He texted me again one year after the second break up to see what I was up to, we had a nice chat but that was it.

3. Oh boy. The third one was a mess. Okay, so this was the first man that I actually was in love with. We dated for about one and a half years. At first everything was perfect. I could not believe how lucky I was to find the love of my life at such young age. Boy were we happy. I know it was mutual. He was just as happy as I was. I could feel it. But a year into our relationship things started to change. He got super busy with work, had some difficult times and he was slowly but surely pulling away from me. I understood that relationships were bound to have ups and downs. It wasn't always rainbows and sunshine and I was okay with it. But as time went by his actions got a lot colder and his reactions a lot harsher. I was no longer happy. He claimed he was but I could see he wasn't either. After a few months of back and forth I decided to end things. I loved him with all my heart but we were making each other miserable. We broke up. Two days later I realized I made a mistake. I couldn't let go off the man I loved no matter what. We had to fight for us. I had to fight for us. I called him that night and told him the feelings I was having. We agreed to meet up a week later to exchange stuff and talk. So we met. I told him it was a mistake and begged and cried. He also cried. He said that week was the worst week of his life but he couldn't bare making me unhappy and said he needed time to become the man I wanted and deserved. Rejected and heartbroken I went to NC. After a month of crying and depression and anxiety I texted him again. We talked about us and the relationship and he said he had given up on us. That he didn't see a future with me. End of story numero 3.

So... yes the third one wasn't a get back together story but it shows that dumpers can come crawling back, ready to make a change. I was so ready to fight for us but I guess it wasn't meant to be. And it's okay. That third event was like 2 months ago and I'm slowly recovering even started dating casually. Hang in there folks. It does get better.

Yes, it does happen. It happened to two of my sisters.

Sister #1: Dated her first bf ever and broke up with him after 4 years of dating. She wanted to see what else was out there. 3 months later, they got back together. They've now been together for 12 years, married for 2.

Sister #2: Same reason for breakup. He was her 3rd bf and they were in high school when they got together. My sister was his first gf. They were together for 3 years when she broke up with him. He pleaded, begged, and his mom even visited my sister at work to let her know how much he was suffering because of the breakup. My sister agreed to friendship at first, and then eventually they got back together. They've been together 11 years now, married for 5.

If I can point to one correlation, it's the length of time they were together prior to the first breakup. Both cases, they were together for more than 2 years before the big breakup. Neither of the cases involved cheating or any unhealthy and toxic circumstances.

This thread has been very helpful getting over my breakup. I have currently been broken up from my boyfriend for a month and I am doing NC. It is getting easier, but of course I made all the begging mistakes in the beginning, which slowed my healing. We were together a little over a year and a half and were talking about spending our lives together. Everything was going ok until he started developing trust issues. Some of the things I could have corrected, but there were some things he overreacted to. Needless to say, things ended when he accused me of cheating even though I hadn't. For this reason, I don't think there is any hope of reconciliation even though every bf up until now has made some sort of attempt at reconciliation. Unless he realizes that there was no infidelity, I don't think there is any chance and I am just using NC to work on healing and moving on with my life.

Here are my previous "ex coming back" stories.

1. My freshman year of college, I dated C for about 6 months. It was my first real relationship and I was very reserved and ended up causing him to leave because to him, I didn't know what I wanted (which was probably true). We were part of the same social circle so we bumped into each other every once in a while. Four years later, we ended up going out on a couple of dates but nothing became of it and I soon met someone else.

2. Dated A for the last 3 years of college. We knew that after college, we were going to have to make decisions about our relationship and ended up calling things off to allow us to move on with out lives. Almost 7 years later, he called out of the blue. We were both living in different towns and got together whenever we were in the same town for a while. We actually had conversations about getting things started again (as my 7 year marriage was over) but I soon realized that even after so many years, he still didn't know what he wanted in life. We had made arrangements to meet up and he never showed and never called but as I knew it wasn't going to work, I didn't sweat it for very long. Several years later, he sent an apology for leaving things like that.

3. My ex-husband asked for a divorce because we were no longer happy in our relationship. I agreed to it because he was right: alcohol and bad decisions on my husbands part had made it hard for me want to stay in the relationship. He still occasionally calls or texts but as his facebook posts show, he hasn't made any changes so there will be no reconciliation for us.

No happy endings for me but it goes to show, they do come back and perhaps if I had been in the right head space or hadn't moved on from the ex boyfriends (especially #2) I might have put in enough work to make it last.

I have a story to contribute.

My friend got dumped by his gf of 2.5 years 4 months ago M30 F23. She didnt like how he didn't have a job (been taking a break year living off of saved money and still paying for vacations for both of them) and smoked all day. He was able to get a great job and stopped smoking cold turkey. She loved the changes and returned back after a couple weeks. They recently broke up again 2 weeks ago for other reasons like she doesn't know what she wants and he wasn't paying her enough attention. She's moved out of their house and is looking for her own place. She's taking every move to be independent.

I've been coaching him along with NC strategies and I hope I can help him salvage the relationship. This may be a case of how rekindling too soon may worsen the relationship overall.

I've got a story about a friend of mine, Harry. Harry and Denise started dating for a couple months during college, but then Harry got involved with another girl, broke it off with Denise for maybe a month or two? Then, to everyone's surprise, Harry comes back to Denise because he realized he would never have a future with the other girl. After that, they studied abroad together for a year, and to my knowledge, are still together. Its been almost 2 years!

Another story – A (male) and J (female) were on and off for about a year. Both didn't want to commit until finally they got together for a semester before J had to go abroad. There was some serious communication issues, and so they broke up and immediately A just started hooking up with girls on campus. This went on until maybe a couple weeks later they talked it over, and wanted to try it again once she got back on campus. Evidently, they got back the whole thing and now are quite a steady couple!

My ex used to own a dessert/bubble tea store near the apartment I had just moved. The first time I went there he gave me extra ice cream. Second time I went there, he tried to talk to me and again gave me extra. My friend noticed and teased him. My friend and I liked the dessert there so we started going there often. He used to ask me out for coffee and I always declined. I had recently had gotten off from 5 years relationship and I wasn't looking for dating anytime soon.

Finally after 5 months of him chasing me, I went out with him. In the beginning of the relationship he did tell me he didn't believe in marriage (don't want kids) and I was okay with that because I wasn't really looking for a serious relationship either. But slowly I started to love him, and I wanted more. He was 33 years old then (9 years older than me), and a workaholic. He is a physical therapist who worked full time and had part time job, own dessert store and whenever he was off he would go traveling. He sold the dessert store and after that I started seeing him less. Sometime he won't text for a week. I sometime travelled with him but if he goes on his own he would disappear.

I got frustrated and broke up with him. He didn't say anything or asked me to stay. Later his best friend told me that he still loves me but can't give me what I am looking for so he didn't say anything to me.

I went NC. Even though I broke up with him, and I knew what I was getting into before I started dating him, I was still hurt and cried a lot. Later I started dating someone else. Slowly we started texting each other only on special occasion. After 14 months from breakup I meet him, and I realized I still loved him. He said he is willing to change so I broke up with my rebound and started dating my ex. Unfortunately, he didn't change and finally after dating 6 months again I broke up with him. I realized that he is already 36 and still afraid of long term commitment and he wouldn't change.

After months I meet someone (my ex that broke up with me and the reason I am I this forum). After a year from second break up, I got a message on my birthday and he asked to meet him. I was already over him so I replied saying thank you but I didn't meet him. Even now after more than 2 years, he still sometime message me.

I just wanna share my story. I'm from Brazil, male, 26 and she's 24. She said she needed some time. It was a shock to me. I'm her first love and man of her life, she's a very religious girl, but I took it for granted, didn't knew what was happening. But with this space I'm giving her, I realized that I made her pass trough some serious . She would call me and I didn't answer, she texted me "good morning" or "good night" and I didn't respond. She gave all to me, all her heart. I was in every social website flirting with girls. Her friends telling her to break up with me and she hold strong every night, asking herself: "do the man that I choose to be my only, is the wrong one? What is wrong with me?" She works all day and study at night, so we were kinda distant for 2-3 months. Until I cheated on her (but I never adimitted) and her heart couldn't take it anymore. She's a "one man girl" and it has been the most dificult 3 weeks of my life. Now, I can clearly see what I was doing. Starving for attention (I'm a real good looking guy, bodybuilder, she's a beautiful black girl with dark curly hair), in the first week of the break-up, I called her, her mom, her friends, all them telling me she loves me, no doubt, but she's hurt. Them I called her after 4 days NC and she said: I was happy to not hear from you. From that point on, I told her: I apologize. I understand and I want you to know that many men never do this, they just walk away, but I'm here to tell you that, in this life, there's only one "me" and "you", I won't give up on you. When I'm ready, I'll call you. Her love is so big and godly given, that she gave me a shot, but she responded that she's single and won't wait for me (of course, she had to show some pride, after all it was her idea to breaking up). And the last thing she said was: No hurry, no pressure, no expectations. And never heard from her since. It has been 9 days today. From the first day of the second week until now, I wanted to understand her point of view, so I started to practice Reiki. From that day until about 5 days ago, I couldn't understand what she's was expecting. So, I called a friend, and told him I needed to talk. It was sunday, so I went to his house and we walked to a near little forest. We were sit, I told him everything, we got up and told me: Look, do you wan't to be the guy that go in every party, with no real love, be desired by every girl, or do you wanna be with the girl that the Divine put at your side, that is with you on foot, on bus, on motorcycle? That's real love, you retard!! At that moment, I fell on my knees, and said: Holy Spirit, thank you from showing me through my friend what was all about! (and I was a feroucious atheist, but I'm not blind or demented, when I see something, I recognize) From that point on, I've praying every day and night, because now I understand. If I came back to her and just said: I'm sorry, I love you. It was too little, too weak. It was about a spiritual up-lifting, to be a kind man, good to other people, to be better everyday, not just for me, but for all of us. So I'm giving her time to heal the wound that I made, and waiting for her to miss me enough to, when I call her, she'll be ready to listen with no rage, no sadness, just love, because that's what's all about. Pure love, since the beggining, and I was blind, I was mundane, couldn't see with her eyes. So, everyday I got a little sign that I'm in the right path, just waiting the right time. Before we broke-up, I sent a huge Teddybear to her, but with the wrong number (her house is 32, I wrote 30), but yesterday I received a message on my phone that I was delivered properly because, on the box, I made a description of her house, and the mailman, at pure good will, went there. So, time goes by and I always recieve a new blessing. And I can't wait to tell her how I understand and how I'm proud of her for holding her position for so long. Now I see what truly love is, and I thank the Divine to the last shot that she gave me, every day and night, until we meet again. She's the one that was put on my life to mature, to go through this process of tremendous pain and anxiety, to understand what she passed through and to be rewarded in the end. It the most difficult thing I've ever done in my life, and when I was with the mundane mentality, I made some really HARD , just for comparison. The pain of almost lose the love of your life is like dying and being alive at the same time. I'm sure I'll come back here with good news, no doubt about it. That's the mentallity: faith, will, and patience. May the Divine bless you all!!

• 2 weeks later...

After this break up that I'm going through right now I have read this entire thread about 5 times just gets me through! I have posted my story which is on going and of course like most I hope to post that me and my current ex are back together soon....no harm in a little hope... But thought I would post some stories of exes coming back not "successful" per-sa but they are my own experiences.

1. My first bf we broke up a year into our relationship I can't remember how long or how we got back together as it was 10 years ago lol but he broke up it was a short break I think and he came back we stayed together for another 1.5 years got a house and engaged and than his ex (who he broke up with shortly before getting with me) came back in the picture. She was very toxic in their relationship and had an abortion that wasn't agreed upon a(That's why they broke u) I found out she had been at our house and flipped we had a week long argument with him eventually breaking up. If I had known than what I know now we would have got back together as he was very unsure of what he wanted but I was always pushing and than I ended up moving out and he was still on about us getting back together (stringing me along) this went on for months and then him and his ex got back together and they are now happily married and have two beautiful children so that's successful for them they were broken up for 3 years and I was the "rebound"

2. My ex ex. He was my best friends brother and I chased him for a whole summer he basically had a choice between me and his "best friend" he chose me and we dated for 6 months I was happy but he was always at his best friend beck and call and it made me nervous he broke up with me and I took advice from "text your ex back" programme. We spoke one week later after n/c and I played it cool (later found out I was too cool and didn't show I fought for us) so I went n/c and I can't remember if I lasted 30 days but was sending little texts than I found out after maybe 1.5 months of us breaking up he was dating his best friend (oh the pain) this was in June and by October/ November they were married well when I found out they were dating I went a bit crazy and was blocked on all forms of contact! They were married for just under 2 years and got divorced then 6 months after their divorce I received messages from his best friend on Facebook about if I was going out that night ( very strange as I had no communication with him even when me and ex ex were together) I said no and he had recently got married so asked how married life was and said well it's better than how ex ex turned out, with that he said oh so still some hard feelings there than! At that point I realised my ex was using his best friend to see if I was still interested but I was with my current ex by than and that ship had not only sailed but sunk to the bottom of the ocean.

So my exes have come back or there have been points where I could have reconciled but just was never ment to be I do "hope" my current ex comes back it would be a shame as we kinda fitted perfectly together. But if he doesn't well I kinda fit perfect with myself!!

keep your chin up people, the past cannot be undone, the future can not be seen, but the present can lead you away from the past and towards the future whatever it may bring!!

Thanks for sharing your stories, and good luck with your current situation. Only time will heal the wounds. In the meantime, keep your head up.

As an aside, is there a reason why there are no punctuations/separated sentences in any of your paragraphs? Sorry, it just makes it super difficult to read.

I won't spam the thread with my story but if any of you could read my post and offer insight, that would be great, I am having such a tough time. (Sorry it's an essay!) It's the "He wants to be alone. Can we reconcile?" thread.

Stories:

1st: My 2 best friends were together since they were 17, after 4 years they broke up because she was at university and wanted to be single. A month later, she realised this did not make her happy, and they go back together for another 4 years. Now they are going through a crisis, they split up again because they realised they had to experience life outside the relationship and have their own adult lives. I am almost certain they will get back together after she has more time. He is basically waiting for her, and she wants to end up with him.

2nd: Another couple were together for 5 years, broke up due to ongoing problems such as long-distance, and he was aimless in his life whilst she was ambitious and wanting to settle and focus on her career. At first, she was fine, threw herself into volunteering, got a new job and went out with friends. He was a mess, really isolated and depressed. They had no contact for a while. Then things changed for her, she was not enjoying her job and started missing him a lot. I helped her through a lot of this, I saw how much she missed him. She begged for him back, but he said no, he couldn't deal with her and needed time. A few months later, they talked and decided to give it another try. They've been living together for 3 years. I think they apart 6 months in total.

3rd: My sister broke up with her boyfriend years ago, he adored her and spoilt her and I think she took him for granted. A while later, they got back together for a while. It didn't work out, but they gave it another try.

4th: A very romantic story. Two people I knew were close friends for a long time. The girl was madly in love, but he was in a relationship with her friend. Turns out the friend was cheating on him. They broke up, and the girl took her chance. It turned out, they had both been crazy about each other anyway. Things escalated and soon they were engaged. I'm not sure what happened, but they broke up. To me, she seemed to be really scared by the commitment of it all but I don't know for sure. They move to other continents - they had the whole world separating them! But here we are a year later, and they're married. The guy told me that their friendship was what kept them together even when they were across the world from each other. He said he believed it was never over, even though sometimes it felt like it was. I think one day they decided to meet, and they were still in love and decided to get married, and now they both live back here.

I'll post more when I can remember them.

20 days ago, I posted that I had been doing NC from my ex for about a month. I truly believed that there was no chance at reconciliation since there had been accusations of infidelity and I didn't think he would ever see that it was not the case so there was no chance for us. Last night, he called me and asked for us to try again! He said that he had been stubborn and had chosen to see things one way and after having time, he took the time to think about some of the argument I'd made and some of the reasons that there was no way I was cheating on him. I agreed to meet with him and am glad to have heard from him. That being said, I am realistic enough to know that it doesn't mean that it is going to be sunshine and rainbows from here on out. I will proceed cautiously and hope for the best. They really do come back!!!

• Like 1

I have a few stories that are still ongoing and some not so great reconciliations.

1) One of the girls that I had to be a sponsor for was going through a breakup with her ex at the time, they're both military and he broke up with her because of the distance. It took them a few months to reconcile, and they ended up getting engaged and now are happily married! They're both really young but happy.

2) A close friend of mine, I was actually with her during the breakup we were just getting ice-cream and she received a message through Twitter from her ex's, ex girlfriend's now ex-boyfriend (I know I was confused typing this) how he saw the messages between them, how they wanted to be with each other etc. Basically cheated on her, she lost it called him and confronted him. He basically apologized, begged and groveled for like a month and she took him back! The relationship worked for a few months, but eventually she realized that the trust wasn't there anymore. Broke it off, and she found someone that treated her right and they've been happily together since! So there's still a happy ending for her.

I'm currently going through a breakup right now, and sticking to NC and who knows I might come back with my own story!