Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 240 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting back together really does happen!

It does happen, my uncle and my aunt have gotten through thick and thin, despite breaking up in the past. They got back together and continued on with the relationship for years.

2nd story: They were college sweethearts in the first year. Unfortunately distance played a role alonside with their hectic school schedules. Eventually they broke it off. 4 years later the met up, got back together, and have been married for 2 years!

3rd story: Close friends, they went out for close to a year before the girl ended it with the boyfriend. Boyfriend was confused for the most part, the girl was devastated as witnessed by me. A few months later, they meet up, get back together and are still going on strong for their technical 3 year anniversary!

Getting back together really does happen. As long as both parties are mature about the break up, mind games aren't played, and most importantly a period of positive change and growth has occurred.

Good luck to everyone!

Originally Posted by wishingonastar
    I watched a special on John Lennon and him and Yoko broke up for 18 months and then they got back together and had a baby!
    As I recall, John later quipped, "The separation just didn't work out."

I guess it depends on why you broke up too

and it also depends what both parties did in between the break up. ie. self improvement, moved on, dated others, whether mindgames were involved...etc....

Gold Member
    to me getting back together or breaking up for good is not really the point: it is really in not losing yourself and realizing life IS full of change... whether you're with someone or not...so many people pine for another to be 'back together' as they feel ''completed'' by that other person (a myth) or because they're not taking responsibility for their own happiness/growth....this is what I'm saying: that as long as you're still growing into a more loving open hearted flexible person this is the most important thing...

sometimes it takes a breakup to bring these issues home as I am painfully learning: that NC in its truest form is about coming home to a better YOU: not in wanting your ex back...because once you're in a healthy zone it matters less if you're with another or not as you'll be more aware that there are other ways to also get love in its myriad ways to fill your heart...

in short: sometimes we're with someone and sometimes we are not along life's sometimes tumultuous journey...but it is always with OURSELVES that we will travel in life so have to take care of ourselves as best we can.
    Last edited by canali; 04-06-2009 at 09:08 PM.

My grandmother and my grandfather broke up for about a year back in high school. Didn't speak for a year, saw other people, thought they had no feelings for eachother, AT ALL! He called her up one day and asked her to the movies and that night she ditched her rebound guy and they have been married over 40 years now.

A couple of my friends have broken up and got back together after being in long relationships 2-3years.
    I spoke to one of them after their breakup (it was him who broke up with her). He said he was doing alright and that he had been thinking about ending it for a while. but comes to a few weeks later and their back together. I dont know if they went though no contact in this time, but i guess he realised he missed her.
    Its been almost 2 weeks since my ex broke up with me. Im trying no contact for now, but its hard as were in the same group of friends and are going out for a meal for his birthday this weekend.
    Reading these stories has made me feel better about everything. Im going to give it time but hopefully this can happen for me to.

I have two of my friends get back together, their guy's reason being "they fell out of love". But a few months later got back together and they're still together now.

I have got to bump this one up. There are some great stories in here. Sometimes we just have to let fate and faith take the wheel and see what happens. I do believe that if two people are meant to be together that they will find their way to one another. Im on a little over two weeks of NC after my fiance broke up with me. He is 3 years younger and has alot of growing up to do but he used that line that he just doesnt feel that way about me anymore. We had been together for 6 years and friends for 8 so thats b.s. to me. Anyways, if he is there in the future great but if i find someone else who can do it better or can fullfill my needs than that is where i will go. Thanks for all the POSITIVE posts. There is no need for negativity. Anything can happen, never say never, and things happen for a reason although we might not know why at first.

getting back together happens all the time! thank you for bumping this thread and keeping the positive messages coming! i have another example........pink and her husband just got back together! AFTER she wrote "so what"......hahahaha! let that be inspiration!

Page 6 of 240 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice