Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 240 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting back together really does happen!

relationship ended , we worked it out... ended again five months later.. would I go back and wipe out them five months just to feel a bit better.. no way. Almost all good times.

My cousin messed up a 5 year relationship with his gf, they split for a year and got back together. I was the best man at the wedding last year.

My ex, ex's mum left her dad for another woman after 20 years of marriage. looked like a total no going back scenario.. 3 years on and they are back together.

My best friend leaves, or is left by his gf on an almost regular basis.. still together. I ask him ' Why on earth do you keep hooking back up' and he says 'Cause we love each other idiot'

Live for what you have and try to learn from what you've lost.

Silver Member
    I think people do get back together. People just need to realise that many SUCCESFULL reconcilliations come a long time down the road. 1 year later, 2 years, etc...

People who seek reconcilliation when only a few months have past will largely be disappointed. I know i was 'cos it never happened.

I've been apart from my ex for 1 year, and yes i still hold hope we will get back together one day. Largely because i know my ex still has feelings for me. (From her telling me) But i'm also open to meeting others and new relationships if they occur.

In short, if it's meant to be, it will be.

Originally Posted by Nayamaus
    A friend of mine was with her BF for 2 years. Then he went abroad to study, and they broke up because they couldn't deal with the LDR. A few months later, she meets a guy who she then moves in with and has a relationship with for over a year. The relationship turns abusive. Guy no.1 returns from his studies. They get back in touch casually. Guy no.2 threatens to kill himself if she sees Guy no.1 even just casually as friends. He abuses her. She manages to get out of it, but doesn't want to see Guy no.1 in case she rushes back into a relationship with him due to feeling vulnerable. Eventually they start seeing each other again. A year passes and he proposes. To be married later this year. Happily ever after? maybe... *sigh*
    thats another thing that i am hearing lately. the girl after the breakup gets with a guy who is abusive and then reverts back to her ex.
    i'm not sure what the psychology is on something like that.

Originally Posted by EQUESTRIANDYNAMO
    thats another thing that i am hearing lately. the girl after the breakup gets with a guy who is abusive and then reverts back to her ex.
    i'm not sure what the psychology is on something like that.
    Well the case cited sounds like a kind of 'grass is greener' scenario...

Seems like the only thing wrong with the first relationship was the distance, but the second one was abusive. She went back to the more pleasant pastures

[quote=xxricexx;3254941]relationship ended , we worked it out... ended again five months later.. would I go back and wipe out them five months just to feel a bit better.. no way. Almost all good times.

My cousin messed up a 5 year relationship with his gf, they split for a year and got back together. I was the best man at the wedding last year.

My ex, ex's mum left her dad for another woman after 20 years of marriage. looked like a total no going back scenario.. 3 years on and they are back together.

My best friend leaves, or is left by his gf on an almost regular basis.. still together. I ask him ' Why on earth do you keep hooking back up' and he says 'Cause we love each other idiot'

Live for what you have and try to learn from what you've lost.

Now that is what this thread is all about, optimism.
    Last edited by IMAbadman; 03-26-2009 at 02:11 PM.

Here's one of my favourite getting back together stories:

And here's another, which is so moving.

Basically the guy's on the 'breaking up' thread wringing his hands and describing his pain. His ex recognises his description of the relationship and also posts. The date of the posts is June 2002.

Five years later he posts on how they "let each other go for a while" became reconciled and now have a beautiful baby daughther. Ahhhhhh.....

Silver Member
    [QUOTE=justmyview;3255594]And here's another, which is so moving.

Basically the guy's on the 'breaking up' thread wringing his hands and describing his pain. His ex recognises his description of the relationship and also posts. The date of the posts is June 2002.

Five years later he posts on how they "let each other go for a while" became reconciled and now have a beautiful baby daughther. Ahhhhhh.....

That was an incredible read. Some things really are meant to be.

Silver Member
    Yeah, that last one brought a lump to my throat!

Oh I remembered one more.........my friend's sister dated a guy for about 6 months that she was totally hung up on, but he was always hung up on his ex. He ended up dumping her for his ex and now him and the ex are married with a kid. Not a happy ending for my friend's sister, but still shows the power of the ex!

Page 4 of 240 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice