Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 242 of 242 FirstFirst ... 239240241242
Results 2,411 to 2,417 of 2417

Thread: Getting back together really does happen!

I'll add a story that I know, as I've asked for advice, it's only fair.

Close friend of mine (dumpee) and her feller (dumper) broke up after nearly 10 months. His reasons was she was controlling, but also very insecure and needed reassurance a lot. I know them both and they would always bicker about rubbish but make amends. He ended it, they still spoke on and off for every couple of days (only on texts). Three weeks after the break up (I can't remember who initiated the talk) they got back together, seem a lot happier and still together 3 years after getting back together.

It goes to show that there are no rules for the healing process. Sometimes distance works, while sometimes some contact works.

I've noticed that if you want to let your partner know you're going NC, but you can't actually tell them, then there's something in that. If it's your intuition that I should keep the contact, or fear of not hearing from them again, then that's another question.

Hey guys, I started reading this thread last year after a ~ 1 1/2 relationship ended out of nowhere. I was distraught and he was posting pictures of his now gf of a year. It was what I needed to go fully NC and move on. This forum helped me get through the rest of a rough college semester, move on, and realize I didn't want him back. I ended up meeting my most recent ex not long after. He broke up with me on Saturday after almost 9 months. It was a shock, but the issue wasn't new. He wants to move to the U.K. and I want to go to medical school. He freaked out over quarantine and started applying for jobs in the U.K. I guess he got a different response than he expected. They basically told him they would take him if he had a year of experience and we weren't in the middle of a global pandemic. Saturday was the first day we really got to see each other in 2 months and he broke up with me as soon as I got in. I miss him. We are very LC right now and are going to meet up on the 25th to talk it out. I don't expect to reconcile anytime soon, but am hoping we can at least talk things out and make a path to becoming friends. Wish me luck.

I do not have any reconciliation stories, but will make sure to update if it ever happens. Thank you all for now helping me get through 2 breakups, I wish you all luck.

Sorry to hear this. So, getting back together really doesn't happen? What was your user name then?
    Originally Posted by NightSkyBlue
    I started reading this thread last year

Here's a bit of a fairly tale ending for y'all..

30 years ago, I was dating a NZ girl, and her sister was dating a friend. In 1995, we all went our separate ways, my girlfriend went to the UK, her sister went back to NZ and got married.
    In 2010, I reconnected with both of them - thanks FB - and the sister came out to visit me. On NYE 2011, the friend, the sister, and me and my kids all went into the city to watch the fireworks. The friend ended up staying at my place with the sister, and now they've been married for around 5 years.

Wiseman2 - I wouldnít say it doesnít happen. I didnít post last year, I only read through the forum. The ex I was reading the forum for last year I ultimately realized I was better off without for a lot of reasons and would not take back. Reading this forum was very cathartic when I needed it and helped me realize problems and fix them. It also helped me realize a lot of red flags and that I was more upset with the relationship and that stability ending than losing him. My current breakup is only 4 days old, so only time will tell. Best of luck to you!

Hereís my story... met a guy online and we ended up in a relationship for 2 years. Towards the end I was going out a lot with my friends for girls nights which ended up with me drunkenly making out with a guy I knew from way back when at a club one night. So many people told me not to tell him or throw away my relationship over a drunken make out session but dishonesty isnít my style so I came home and fessed up. During our argument I realized that even though I loved him if I was capable of doing that what else would I be capable of doing as I had no intentions of slowing down with my friends and maybe I shouldnít be in a relationship right now. At that point he was CRUSHED, first because I had cheated on him and secondly bc in the same breath I was telling him I needed to be alone even though I loved him dearly and we had a great relationship. We had light contact over the next 6 years and both had other relationships during this time. Eventually i bump into him one night after going to a known spot he hung out at and sparks rekindled. This time we dated for 3 years and the relationship ended bc he developed a drinking problem. I tried to be supportive and work with him through the problem but after getting arrested for driving drunk and then blaming it on me for him being out drinking in the first place after an argument we had - something in me just died at that point and I no longer saw a future with him so I ended it again. He was devastated as he thought we were going to be together forever (it probably didnít help that this was the second time I was ending it but this time it wasnít me that screwed up). We have remained friends and he has since gotten help to quit drinking all together and is doing great with a new girlfriend who I believe he is going to marry someday.

Another ex and me had a TERRIBLE tumultuous relationship for 1.5 years where I left due to his manipulation and mind games (borderline emotional abuse) and he ended up coming back a year later admitting how terrible he was to me and seeking another chance to which I said NO WAY. It has been 8 years since that relationship and every so often he pops back up and Iím fairly sure if I wanted to we could give it another go but I wont subject myself to that again.

Hello everyone! I've been reading this thread from start to end over the last few days and it has really made me feel better. My ex broke up with me because of long-distance and some communication issues and I hope one day we can reconcile. This thread has allowed me to reflect back on our relationship and I do think the break-up was needed if we ever stand a chance in the future. If it does happen I hope I can come back and update you guys!

Some stories I know from people close to me:

A good friend from university dated her boyfriend from first year to about third year. They broke up because they couldn't agree about things in the future and after that she dated around for a bit. I think they had some contact, but at one point he found out she slept with someone else and they had a massive falling out where he said some awful things. She also said he was a completely different person and expressed to me how much she didn't want to be with him. Around a year later I started professional school and found out they got back together! Unfortunately they broke up another ~7-8 months later because the issues about their future came up again. She said this time they're not even trying to be friends because they know they love each other too much to be in each others lives casually. So maybe down the road they will be able to sort things out! But I never expected them to even get back together that first time.

My sister worked for a few months in the states (we live in Canada) and while she was there she met a guy and they had a really good relationship for the time she was there. When it was time for her to move back, he broke up with her as he didn't see a point in them staying together (this was two years ago and she was devastated). To this day he still messages her to see how she's doing and they chat once every ~2 weeks or so. He's even mentioned looking for jobs in Toronto, but at this point she is quite over him!

I had a boyfriend in my last year of highschool and we broke up after a few months. At the time I was devastated, especially since he got a new girlfriend shortly into starting the first year of college. Just a week ago I got a text from him and then another one a few days later (this is 6 years later now) inviting me to hang out. I think if I wanted to I could easily set up a meeting, but it just goes to show that even years later they might be thinking about you.

A girl I know met her boyfriend in highschool and they were together all throughout uni and then broke up (they were together 6 years in total I think). They've currently been broken up for around 8 months but just a week ago I saw an Instagram story where he was eating with her at her house. Maybe they're just friends but I have a suspicion they will be getting back together soon!

I have been in no contact for about 2 months now. Each day is getting easier but I still think about him a lot. Hopefully this thread can help others like it helped me!

Page 242 of 242 FirstFirst ... 239240241242

Videos

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems

Friendship Between Men and Women Often Involves Attraction

Infidelity

Most Women Rather Not Date Unemployed Men
Give Advice
Ask For Advice