Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 240 of 241 FirstFirst ... 237238239240241 LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2409

Thread: Getting back together really does happen!

I have currently been in NC with my exgirlfriend for 4 weeks now. Gotta say this thread is a joy to read. I have read 120 pages, and it gives me great comfort. I hope one day to share my own story with you guys. Will share a story about my parrents though.

When my parrents first dated each other, they quickly moved in together. My mother got extremely jalous on one of my dads ex girlfriends. The ex actually ended up with my dads brother, and whenever they all were together, she for fun would make my mother jalous. In the end my mother couldn't handdle it, and they went apart. A week later my mother asked my dad to come back to pick up the last of his stuff. When he got there she apparently had prepared a feast, and they were able to talk about things. They have been married for 28 years. Through good and bad like depression. Allthough I because of my own circumstances doubt true love and all that, they are a great inspiration to me.

Hi there was just wonder if in these. Was it the dumper who came back or does the one who was dumped ever break no contact to get their dumper back.. my ex and I broke up about a month ago, an I still have this incredible strong belief we can get back together an have an amazing future together. I know she just needs some space. We were together for 1.7 years I'm 25 shes 20. I love reading these stories as it gives me hope. But our story is a bit complicated. It's my first serious relationship and I've been struggling with anxiety and depression at the end of the relationship just starting to take medication an therapy sessions an it caused a fight and we broke up. She broke up with me sayin she just needs some space. I don't know if or when I should reach out. Or wait for her to reach out..

My partner and I broke up after 4 great years together. We broke up when we realized that we wanted different things for the future. It was a tough decision, but amicable. We remained friendly and even hung out a few times, strictly platonic. After 4 years separated, we got back together. It's been 18 mos since we reconciled and moved in together. The energy in our relationship feels different, stronger. People say there is no such thing as perfect, but I feel it's all relative because for what we now want for our future, we are perfect for each other.

When my husband and I were split up reading this thread calmed my anxiety and gave me a lot of hope and I always promised myself that I would come back and post if we got back together. I forgot about it for a while but here I am! I don't want to post a long drawn out story, but we were engaged and broke up in January. He moved back home to the UK while I stayed in Australia. We barely spoke for the five months we were apart, I went immediately into no contact. Eventually I went over to the UK to visit and I took the last of his belongings with me including my engagement ring. We met up, ended up spending most of my vacation together. We got back together after about a week. Both of us had matured and changed so much in our time apart, it was like having all the good bits of our old relationship but without all the crap that made us break up in the first place. Since getting back together we have been long distance but have gone on vacation several times to see each other, including to Vegas where we eloped! He's coming to visit me next month and we are applying for a visa for me to move to the UK.

I honestly couldn't imagine my life without him now and I'm actually so glad we went thorough the breakup to become this better version of ourselves.

So you are still apart?
    Originally Posted by nickiche
    Since getting back together we have been long distance.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    So you are still apart?
    At the moment yes. He's coming to stay with me for all of January though which will be good and then it won't be too much longer until I move to the UK.

You’re story sounds similar to mine! Broken up for 8 month after 8 year. She’s moved on into a committed relationship. We are quite close friends I’d say, and I think this makes it easier for her while harder for me. Been considering stepping back whilst her relationship unfolds. What do you think?,
    Did she date seriously in this time?

[QUOTE=Coyote;7099717]I also have some stories when exes got back:

2.) me and my current ex, were dating for 7 years, when she broke up with me because of trust issues

You’re story sounds similar to mine! Broken up for 8 month after 8 year. She’s moved on into a committed relationship. We are quite close friends I’d say, and I think this makes it easier for her while harder for me. Been considering stepping back whilst her relationship unfolds. What do you think?,
    Did she date seriously in this time?

Have a story as well, not mine, but from a friend.

He was dating for about 4 years, living together for 2.5. By that time his brother and dad were living with him (it was him that'd pay the rent), and the girl, who was just starting on one of ther first steady jobs, kinda freaked out with her professional side changing and with the kinda mess that was living with her father-in-law and brother-in-law.

She broke up as she needed distance and to think the future. She is a stubborn and decided girl, but didn't have much money by that time and he had to be her guarantor (right word?) on the new house she rented. She bought all new furniture and didn't come back for 5 months, even dating some people in between. He didn't date anyone for the whole time.

During the time apart they talked every fortnight or so, and at the end they started chatting more often and decided it was a good idea to get back together.
    After a total of 5 months apart, they got back together and now, about 4 years after that, they are married and with a newborn, also just bought a house and seem very happy together.

I hope I can add my story here in the near future as well, just broke up (3 weeks) with my wife.
    Thanks to everyone posting, this forum gives me so much closure.

Special thanks to @Boomshine (not sure if he will see this). Love his posts.

I’ve been broken up for a few months now and even though I don’t have my own reconciliation story, I know a few that I want to share:

1. A friend of mine from middle school went to a different high school than me. During her freshman year she met a guy and dated him for a few years. They seemed to have a bit of a rocky relationship and then by their junior year they’d split up. The girl went on to date a new guy and (from what she posted) she seemed to really like him a lot. She went to prom with this new guy, etc. I think they were together for at least 6 months, and then they split too. By the middle of senior year, she was back together with her ex from freshman year. I think they made it another year at least, but broke up again over what I assume was long distance from college. They probably would’ve been successful otherwise. I really wouldn’t be surprised if they got back together someday in the future.

2. A good friend of mine from high school met his girlfriend during our sophomore year. They were pretty much my grade’s class couple. In fact, I’d say they were the couple of the school while we were there. They were the type of couple that would’ve easily won prom king and prom queen, if that makes sense. Anyway, they dated for 3+ years, and then during our freshman year of college they split. There was long distance, he was really getting into the party life, she was on a D1 sport that took a lot of time. They started fighting, then they grew apart, and then they ended things. I was told it was mutual, but I’m pretty sure it was more her idea than his. I remember he was a mess at first. He’d get drunk and call her. He’d even get drunk and call me. He used to tell me and my friends that all he wanted was to be with her again. It was upsetting to see. But after a few months, they started contacting each other “as friends”. Then they started hanging out “as friends” when they were both home from college. Then he started taking trips from his college to her college to see her “as friends”. This went on for a while, and now they’re back together. I think they were broken up somewhere between 8 months and a year.

3. Another good friend of mine (J) from high school started dating his girlfriend (H) during our junior year (she’s a year younger than us). They dated for around a year and a half. When she was a senior in high school and he was a freshman in college, she ended things with him and went on to date a new guy almost immediately. From what I hear, she was actually kind of cold about the whole thing. J was heartbroken. I’m pretty sure he was at rock bottom. J started drinking heavily, smoking heavily, I think he even took a break from college for a semester. He was full of sadness and hatred for so many things. Fast forward to a little more than a year after the break up. J is in a new relationship with a new girl, and H is no longer in a relationship. One day, out of nowhere, H contacts J looking for conversation with him. She tells him she misses him, she sends him pictures of when they were together. All of this from out of nowhere. By this point, J was pretty much fully healed and with a new girl that he really liked, and really had no desire to return to H. But he tells me that he knows he could’ve gotten back with her if he wanted to. So is it a successful reconciliation story? No. But it is a story of the dumpee coming out on top and regaining “the power”, which is really what every dumpee hopes for.

I have a lot of hope that I can one day share my reconciliation story with everyone here. But hopefully I gave back to this forum with those 3 stories ^
    Last edited by silviodante; 01-04-2020 at 05:45 PM.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice