LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "We would've been better as friends."

Originally Posted by Sweet Venus
    I think this would hurt me too..but we often say things we regret during fights.
    He was trying to hurt you..and he did.
    +1.

also, men tend to use the first thought one has in a fight. for example, he probably thought this in the past, but then figured out a logic that made sense and settled the matter. then during a fight, to hurt the other person, they'll whip out the initial thought as simply having it, regardless of whether it was resolved or not, hurts the other person enough.

most likely he's already thought about the matter and settled it already. just brought it back out to hurt you.

i've seen this happen a lot where a guy will do this and the girl will worry about it anywhere between like 1-3 years or something before she brings it up after it's pushed her to an unhealthy extreme, while the guy actually had settled it long ago and it hasn't been an issue for him for a long time.

just one of those things. happens the other way around too, but guys are less good at hiding their emotions so it usually isn't drawn out as long.

Platinum Member
    it sounds like he reached that point in the relationship where it stopped feeling intensly passionate . it's hard for men to come to grips with the idea that their most passionate days may be behind them. he probably saw this as cause for concern...and started searching for potential reasons for how this happened...anything but loss of passion. it can feel insulting. tends to be something we take quite personally.

seems like it's in the nature of most relationships to go through this sort of thing.

The best relationships are based on friendship. My friends are so very precious to me. I would have been flattered, not hurt. The passionate love fades in most marriages and long-term relationships. What your left with is a deep and abiding caring and friendship, if your lucky.

Go to link removed and look up the concept called, The Love Bank

^ I will, thank you.

I've been wanting to update this thread, right now I only have a minute.

But I did talk to him in depth about this, and it was a good conversation we had.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice