Fiance has joined facebook :0(

I wondered when he would do the deed and join - now he has.

He said he had searched for me - I told him I found it impersonal and stopped signing on to it.

I find it dangerous in that it can invite curiosity re: women in his past and equally they can search for him.

Anyone else find it an 'evil' of the modern age??

He is also a member of Friends Reunited.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wondered when he would do the deed and join - now he has.

He said he had searched for me - I told him I found it impersonal and stopped signing on to it.

I find it dangerous in that it can invite curiosity re: women in his past and equally they can search for him.

Anyone else find it an 'evil' of the modern age??

He is also a member of Friends Reunited.

Are you committed to each other? If you're in a loving relationship w/ each other, it shouldn't matter if they find him or if he looks them up to see how they're doing. It's only bad if people do things to make it bad & damaging to their relationship. It doesn't mean it'll happen though just b/c he is on it.

Are you committed to each other? If you're in a loving relationship w/ each other, it shouldn't matter if they find him or if he looks them up to see how they're doing. It's only bad if people do things to make it bad & damaging to their relationship. It doesn't mean it'll happen though just b/c he is on it.

I think the only reason you would have to worry is if you don't trust him and fear this will give him another outlet to carouse with females. Given your past issues with him in this regard, i don't really blame you for feeling a bit of trepidation over it. But facebook isn't the issue here, it is his behavior.

NOrmally I would say big deal...even tho i HATE the site i wouldnt be fearful if my SO signed up and joined.

I think the only reason you would have to worry is if you don't trust him and fear this will give him another outlet to carouse with females. Given your past issues with him in this regard, i don't really blame you for feeling a bit of trepidation over it. But facebook isn't the issue here, it is his behavior.

NOrmally I would say big deal...even tho i HATE the site i wouldnt be fearful if my SO signed up and joined.

I bet he'll find all kinds of old classmates, friends, and family members on facebook. Signing onto facebook isn't a good enough reason to start suspecting him. It's not the same as signing on to adult friend finder. If you have a legitimate concern about him looking for old girlfriends, then that issue exists whether or not he signed up for facebook.

I bet he'll find all kinds of old classmates, friends, and family members on facebook. Signing onto facebook isn't a good enough reason to start suspecting him. It's not the same as signing on to adult friend finder. If you have a legitimate concern about him looking for old girlfriends, then that issue exists whether or not he signed up for facebook.

I

Anyone else find it an 'evil' of the modern age??.

I have said this from day one. I don't like that facebook thing especially not for married people. It was initially set up for people to find old friends but that's not what people have been using it for now. People are using it as a tool for dating. I'm sure there are some people on there that are still using it for it's intended purpose but not the majority. I have to agree with you on this 100%...it is the evil of the modern day. JMHO!!

I

Anyone else find it an 'evil' of the modern age??.

I have said this from day one. I don't like that facebook thing especially not for married people. It was initially set up for people to find old friends but that's not what people have been using it for now. People are using it as a tool for dating. I'm sure there are some people on there that are still using it for it's intended purpose but not the majority. I have to agree with you on this 100%...it is the evil of the modern day. JMHO!!

I don't use facebook as a dating site nor do I know anyone who does.

A lot of people do..i think it is mostly a guy thing. Guys tend to want to look up women in their area and send them messages to meet up.

Heck when before i deleted my myspace account, even tho i had 'married' as the status on my page, i was getting local men sending me messages asking me to go out all the time. Just one other reason i said forget this nonsense and deleted the account.

I don't use facebook as a dating site nor do I know anyone who does.

A lot of people do..i think it is mostly a guy thing. Guys tend to want to look up women in their area and send them messages to meet up.

Heck when before i deleted my myspace account, even tho i had 'married' as the status on my page, i was getting local men sending me messages asking me to go out all the time. Just one other reason i said forget this nonsense and deleted the account.

My fiance and I are both on Facebook and Myspace. He might even be on other sites that I'm not a member of. I have guy friends in my list, and he has gal friends on his list. I keep it real light with the guy friends on my list, out of respect for my fiance. It's a matter of knowing and trusting that neither of us are going to engage in inappropriate or too-intimate conversation with them.

Edit: Some of the gal friends on his list are girls who've long wanted to hook up and/or date him, too! And of course I trust him. There's still the friendship, aside from their attraction to him. If he didn't get with them before me, I don't believe for a second he's going to pursue them with me.

Archived