Would you call or text?

WizardofOz

My girlfriend went back home to Winnipeg on Tuesday to spend time with friends and family. She is scheduled to arrive back Saturday evening. I obviously have no issues with this as I would miss my family if I moved to another city on my own.

My question is would you call or text your gf/bf once if you went back home for four days? I haven't heard from her at all which upsets me.

I would think of texting, but at loss of words. I don't like to think that I might appear to be too clingy or controling with a misunderstood "so, how are you doing without me?"

but I love when I'm away and they call/text. not everyday, but once or twice, just to say 'been thinking of you'.

I've been away from home and my partner for two days, and I've talked to him multiple times already.

Common curteosy in my opinion to just let him know that everything is going ok, and that I arrived safely.

I think if you're in a relationship, there's nothing clinging about wanting to talk, or check in with your partner. One phone call or text, doesn't make one clingy.

I sent her a text Friday night just to see how things were going; she didn't text back.

She was suppose to call me when she got in Saturday night and I still haven't heard from her.

I'm not calling because I am trying to make a point. I've felt in the past I was working a lot harder at our relationship and this really proves my point. This could just be her way of telling me she is no longer interested. It's killing me not talking to her and knowing that I am no longer on her mind but there is nothing I can do.

I've been away from home and my partner for two days, and I've talked to him multiple times already.

Common curteosy in my opinion to just let him know that everything is going ok, and that I arrived safely.

I think if you're in a relationship, there's nothing clinging about wanting to talk, or check in with your partner. One phone call or text, doesn't make one clingy.

I agree with this. What is her normal communication style? Is this normal behavior for her? For many people four days w/out any communication is abnoraml if they are in a serious relatioinship...i know for me that would be way abnormal. But we dno't know her. If this is really out of the ordinary for her and you guys never go this long without some type of communication, even if by text, then i'd say yea there is an issue or some type of concern going on here...

I agree with this. What is her normal communication style? Is this normal behavior for her? For many people four days w/out any communication is abnoraml if they are in a serious relatioinship...i know for me that would be way abnormal. But we dno't know her. If this is really out of the ordinary for her and you guys never go this long without some type of communication, even if by text, then i'd say yea there is an issue or some type of concern going on here...

Usually we talk everyday and if not then no longer than two days. I would say this is abnormal for us and it's very upsetting.

Next time you guys talk...preferably in person when she gets home, definitely bring this up to her in conversation. Don't put her on the defense but do tell her that you found it disconcerting that you two rarely go mroe than a day or two without talking and that she leaves for home and four days went by with no communication.

She might say smoething like she was surprised you didn't text her and was waiting for you....that is a bit nonsensical since she is the one who left for travel but maybe that is her mindset. We just can't know that....you have to find out from her.

I think you should give her a call I don't think it will hurt to. But, she could call you as well. I went to visit my dad for a week and I talked to my bf almost everyday still even though they were short conversation but it was still nice to hear his voice. But, if you don't hear from her by the time she comes back, you should bring it up in a conversation.

I wouldn't trust a text...I've had too many get lost or dropped. She may be wondering why you haven't tried to call her. Rather than let this languish with each of you wondering why the other hasn't called, call her. Don't be clingy or needy, but start the conversation by asking if she's okay, you were worried when she didn't return your text and otherwise haven't heard from her, etc. See where she goes with it. She may be upset that you haven't called her. It she's standoffish, it may be something else...but at least you'll know what's up.

My BF generally is not good with texting/calling when he is away simply because he gets sidetracked. That might be the case with your GF. I always call my BF when he is away (generally once per day) just to say hi. He is always glad to hear from me and never acts as if I am being "clingy."

Archived