She doesnt call when she says she will..

applelover

So i have been talking to a girl for a while and we have just started hanging out. I like and from what I can tell she is in to me. At least enough to go out with me a couple of times. The problem is sometimes, actually almost all the time she says she'll call me or call me back, she doesn't. But then if I call or text her she'll respond or answer and its no problem. We have even talked about going out again so I dont think she would make that offer unless she wanted to. We went to dinner the other night and it ended with a kiss on the cheek and her saying lets go out again. But then a few days later we were texting and I told her to call me later (I knew she was at work and wouldnt be able to call then), she said she would and now I havent heard from her. Looking for some advice or thoughts about this and what to do.

Since it's early on in your relationship, you can help this situation by not establishing a pattern where she doesn't get back to you and then you get a hold of her. She'll learn that you'll get in touch and she won't have to make that effort. Some people are simply used to waiting for calls/texts rather than initiating them. I've even waited a particular friend out to see how long it would be for her to get in touch with me if I didn't call her for awhile and it was months. I don't think she likes me less or anything like that....just her personality. It'll be your personal choice to decide if that's tolerable as things continue with her.

Some people are just horrible with phone calls. My best friend is like that. I call her expecting that she won't pick up or call me back for weeks, and I still know that I'm number one to her. I'm not great with it either. If she's responding to your phone calls and still going out with you, it's a good sign. If things get more serious and she continues to act like this, then you can bring it up with her.

Thanks for the replys. I think she is forgetfull about things. Like if she doesnt call back right away then she doesnt remember that she was suppose to call later that night or whenever. When we were last together she was naming places and things we should do together which is why I think she is at least interested but then the lack of calls from her confuses me. I have thought about confronting her on it but feel it is too soon as it may make me look desperate or needy which I am not. I am just really into this girl. Everytime we talk or I have seen her I am more attracted to her.

Archived