Geting cat fixed....

Airguitarher

The 11th I have a app. to get my cat fixed, shots, check up and nails trimmed. What should I expect him to be like when he gets home? Hes only spent 2 separate nights away from either me or my boyfriend and we've had him since may. Hes a really friendly cat for the most part even to strangers an dI have spoiled him SO much, from day one that we have had him, he was 7 weeks old when we go him so yea. My aunt said her cat wouldnt have anything to do with her for a few days after. does it just depend on the cat or what. He gogint to be gone for 2 days, i take him in on the 10 that afternoon, hes getting fixed ont eh 11th and i can pick him back up on teh 12th.

honestly, the only effect i've noticed with any of my cats is that some of them got even more lovable. for the first couple days, they are usually a little groggy/sleepy from the surgery and the anethesia used. one of my could barely walk the first day he was so out of it.

but they get over it. and all of mine have gone back to their normal selves: if they started playful, they stil were, if they started out being loners, they were still loners. like i said, a couple actually ended up being more friendly after ward, and a couple became a little more lazy, but they were definitely the same cat [after the anethesia/etc wore off]

Both of mine came home and played as if nothing had happened. I referred my bf to my vet when it came time for him to have his new kitten fixed. He, too, came home and played hard. It depends on the vet. Their personalities basically stay the same, at least that has been my experience.

Mine came home and tore up the place. My vet says when they neuter an animal, they never feel pain. Mine didn't seem to and neither did my bf's cat. He said he has never had a cat play and run when they get home from being neutered, but Buddy sure did! My bf is totally sold on my vet! We didn't even have to give them any pain meds.

hopfully he will stay the same, he bites abit now som maybe that will stop and dont know if he get much more lovable. he not litte but hes young hes 10 1/2 months and giant. im sure he'll milk the attention an dbe all ohhh. once he got his paw stepped on and i scooped him up up and was rubbing it and him so for a few hours after that everytime hed see me looking at him while he was playing hed pick the paw up and hobble alittle but when he didnt notice iwas watching he was playin gon it fine. yea hes spoiled

Declawing is actually quite major and painful surgery for a cat and many cats even die from the trauma of that surgery or never get over it. It is like amputating the first joints of your fingers, and many think it is quite inhumane and won't do it.

I would highly recommend that no one declaw their cats, and if they don't want the damage a cat might potentially do from clawing something now and again, don't get a cat.

Neutering is quite simple and relatively painless and quick recovery.

Declawing is actually quite major and painful surgery for a cat and many cats even die from the trauma of that surgery or never get over it. It is like amputating the first joints of your fingers, and many think it is quite inhumane and won't do it.

I would highly recommend that no one declaw their cats, and if they don't want the damage a cat might potentially do from clawing something now and again, don't get a cat.

Neutering is quite simple and relatively painless and quick recovery.

Agree. I think it's very cruel to declaw a cat. If they find themselves in some sort of danger, they can't claw in defense or climb a tree or fence to get away

Archived